Macser

ArmaRig for Blender

OK then, I found another post (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190062-wip-static-animations-pack/?page=14) which has pre-made static poses on it. Managed to work out how they were getting them in game and imitated it. But now I'm getting this: 

b7d2cf0ddb.png

Is this a problem with my original RTM model or the config (which I basically hijacked from other static poses, just changed the file path) 

That looks like it's something to do with you're original RTM but I can't be sure.

I'm wondering whether it's a scaling issue? The back foot is in the right orientation but is enlarged and is much too far away from the rest of the body... 

Ok, was just a messed up RTM file. Did a new one from scratch and it ported in as the jesus half in ground pose. I saw other people had this issue but couldn't find a solution, any ideas? 

Fixed by ticking the static pose box in the export menu of blender. 

One more question, when I'm doing poses which involve two or more AI (For example, one AI dragging another) How do I line them up? Can I port two charater models into blender and model it as one pose or is there another way to do it? 

You would have two or more rigs in the scene, animate them, and then save out the rtms separately. Use the dope sheet in action editor mode. Create an action for each sequence, per rig. If you want to keep track of them, I suggest you name each action appropriately. Otherwise it could get confusing.

Having said that, because the rigs/reference models are essentially the same, the actions for one will actually run on the others. But a naming convention of some sort would still be a good idea. 

Here's a blend file with 3 rigs/reference models. Each rig is on it's own layer.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nxzs3a

Use the large blue "download" button in the center of the page. I'm not using mediafire, simply because I'm not interested in signing up. :smile_o:

Barney are you still having issues I think I know what you're problem maybe, when you are building the mod are you binarizing it?  I think if you don't it causes issues.

I've managed to get basic poses working. Now I'm trying to add custom items (like knives) and poses which interact with each other. 

An example of what I've managed to do so far: 

08334857d3.jpg

83f45b5ca9.bmp

• Like 1

Hello! Opened ArmaRig_V6_1.blend file, edit model exported bvh format.
f4fa5d3ba5513ee0c9071283b8dbf60a.png

I import in ObjectBuilder. An error!

8119665534ac5d9520f9ee2e55077478.png

please help if anyone knows how to solve the problem.

It's not meant to work with the BVH exporter. I removed all the connecting bones that facilitated it anyway. It was too messy and added some layers of work for importing. 

It was created to work with Alwarren's Arma toolbox. That will allow you to create rtms directly. Al's addon is free and works very well. It doesn't add any significant workload to the process. Try it out.

On 02.03.2017 at 1:51 AM, Macser said:

It's not meant to work with the BVH exporter. I removed all the connecting bones that facilitated it anyway. It was too messy and added some layers of work for importing. 

It was created to work with Alwarren's Arma toolbox. That will allow you to create rtms directly. Al's addon is free and works very well. It doesn't add any significant workload to the process. Try it out.

Thank you. I'll try!

Hi all, first off I'd like to say thanks a heap Macser for the awesome rig. its saved alot of time.

I've got a bit of a frustrating problem with how my hand-anim looks in blender to how it looks ingame

I've made sure to follow your tutorials to the letter and for some reason when the RTM is used ingame its shifted the weapon bone down and towards the unit. for hand anims should I be ticking static pose when I export?

H7IVQMz.png?1

n3RdTVJ.png?1

Its got me stumped

Checking static pose won't correct it.

I can only confirm this works with A2. But I don't think the process is much different for A3. Rtms certainly haven't changed. The first thing I do is load up Armarig. Then I import the P3d for the weapon model into the blend. For this situation I usually delete all the lods except for the first resolution and make a copy of it.  This keep things neater.

When it's imported it'll be perpendicular to the rig and centered on the grid. So I rotate and move the rig until it's lined up with the weapon. I then pose the hands and export the resulting rtm. The rtm is placed into the project folder with the model.cfg present. Which has the appropriate skeleton definition. Then it's packed..

9 minutes ago, Macser said:

Checking static pose won't correct it.

I can only confirm this works with A2. But I don't think the process is much different for A3. Rtms certainly haven't changed. The first thing I do is load up Armarig. Then I import the P3d for the weapon model into the blend. For this situation I usually delete all the lods except for the first resolution and make a copy of it.  This keep things neater.

When it's imported it'll be perpendicular to the rig and centered on the grid. So I rotate and move the rig until it's lined up with the weapon. I then pose the hands and export the resulting rtm. The rtm is placed into the project folder with the model.cfg present. Which has the appropriate skeleton definition. Then it's packed..

I've always just added the weapon as an extracted proxie into your arma rig to line it up with the weapon bone and parent it and then move the weapon bone as explained in your tutorial. so what your saying is I need to move the entire rig to fit around the weapon instead?

I've not had issues in the past. I dont know why its happening now.

Well I don't claim to be an expert where hand anims are concerned. But that works reliably for me. :smile_o: But I have tried it by using the exact same method you described. And that works out just as well. So I'm not sure why that offset is happening.

Hello and thanks to macser for his rig.
I had this problem, not long ago, I managed to correct it on a single animation of seizure of weapon, but I had done so many manipulations one after the other, Because it irritated me too, that I did not think of noting what I had done so that it would not happen again ...

I remember having tried, among other things, to keep the weapon by default, but to have moved the vertices, to match the handles and the trigger tail, having previously positioned mine as explained by Macser, for Use it as a template.

I will have to get back on it in no time and if I find the solution again, I would post it here.

On 3/13/2017 at 0:33 PM, diabolical said:

I've always just added the weapon as an extracted proxie into your arma rig to line it up with the weapon bone and parent it and then move the weapon bone as explained in your tutorial. so what your saying is I need to move the entire rig to fit around the weapon instead?

I've not had issues in the past. I dont know why its happening now.

have you renamed the weapon bone to match whats in the character model.cfg? Ws it so that in Arma 3 its all lowercap "weapon" and in the rig its "Weapon". If the names dont match the weapon bone wont be in the right place.

I come back to the subject, to describe something that I can not understand: here are two screens, representing two positions of seizure of the weapon "sten".
On the first, you see that on the rig, in "blender", I positioned arms and elbows very apart from the body, helping me with handles surrounded by blue, for a more natural rotation of all Joints ranging from the wrist to the shoulder.
The result in game shows the elbows tight against the body.
Http://imgur.com/a/AGlmZ

On the second screen, I made a different seizure position, less "hollywood", but still with the elbows slightly apart from the body and this time I did not use the handles surrounded by blue, while trying To make a nearly natural position at the level of the shoulders.
The result, invariably, still shows this tightening of elbows near the body.
Http://imgur.com/a/BxrOF

In your opinion, what produces that?
There is sometimes an "offset" effect, but not only.

Could there be interference between several adjustment handles?

Is it possible that something could have changed in the definition of the skeleton of the character, since recent game update, but that would not have been listed by BI?

My questions may seem incongruous, but I am just beginning to really approach the animation with blender and it is possible that some concepts, especially if they are abstract, have escaped my understanding.

@lodu You've come across the unfortunate way Armas hand inverse kinematics work with weapon animations.

The game only takes into account where the hands are in the weapon animation ending to the wrists, all else is obsolete for the engine. It then uses its own settings to calculate the hand positions and they often go as in your picture close to the body.

Could actually be a issue worthy of a Tracker ticket if we could get a IK curve attribute for the gun animations and actually be able to affect the arms too.

• Like 1

@HorribleGoat

Thank you for your answer, which illuminates my problem :)

Indeed, it deserves a Tracker ticket, especially since the animation is not limited to the capture of weapon ...

Hi @Macser, nice rig, I just have one issue. I can't export my animation. Result is 12kb *.rtm with just 3 frames (-0.5, 0, 1) with pose that is my current fame at timeline in blender. I dunno what to do.

6 minutes ago, Facel said:

Hi @Macser, nice rig, I just have one issue. I can't export my animation. Result is 12kb *.rtm with just 3 frames (-0.5, 0, 1) with pose that is my current fame at timeline in blender. I dunno what to do.

Have you applied the frames to the Arma object properties tab?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnkkd7xb0yp9dyo/properties.PNG

• Like 1

On 3.2.2017 at 1:54 AM, Macser said:

You would have two or more rigs in the scene, animate them, and then save out the rtms separately. Use the dope sheet in action editor mode. Create an action for each sequence, per rig. If you want to keep track of them, I suggest you name each action appropriately. Otherwise it could get confusing.

Having said that, because the rigs/reference models are essentially the same, the actions for one will actually run on the others. But a naming convention of some sort would still be a good idea. 

Here's a blend file with 3 rigs/reference models. Each rig is on it's own layer.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/nxzs3a

Use the large blue "download" button in the center of the page. I'm not using mediafire, simply because I'm not interested in signing up. :smile_o:

Hi macser,

thanks for you rig!

I´m working on some static animations atm where to actors interact with each other and a second rig would be helpfull to align them easier. I tried myself to import a second rig into blender but I can´t get it to work. Could reupload your blend file with more then one rig, please.

Is there a way to have more than one rig on one layer or is it only possible the way you mentioned it above?

Thanks in advance.

Need some help with changing the reference weapon. When i open the A3_character_example.p3d i don't get the same thing you do. This is what i get.

pE9y3pI.png