Sign in to follow this  
munger

Battlesounds 1.1 - request for a host

So is anybody hosting this already confused.gif

I want it sad.gif Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Come on munger, install MSN tounge.gif

Munger if u wanted a tip about ya ftp... why dont u just .rar it using winrar?

//Nice hovmand, im getting 800kb/sec from that page biggrin.gif

Is it placed in my backyard?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 05 2002,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Munger if u wanted a tip about ya ftp... why dont u just .rar it using winrar?<span id='postcolor'>

Simply because WinZip is more common, no? How much more would RAR squeeze out of it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 05 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Munger if u wanted a tip about ya ftp... why dont u just .rar it using winrar?

Is it placed in my backyard?<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

Its a www.cliche.dk 155 MBit full-duplex fiber-optisk server, whatever that means.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Sep. 05 2002,12:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 05 2002,12:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Munger if u wanted a tip about ya ftp... why dont u just .rar it using winrar?

Is it placed in my backyard?<span id='postcolor'>

smile.gif

Its a <a href="www.cliche.dk" target="_blank">www.cliche.dk</a> 155 MBit full-duplex fiber-optisk server, whatever that means.<span id='postcolor'>

it means yum yum.

Thx for the link !

any word on the one with-OUT Satchels rifles sounds?? We are interested in hosting that one. If you wish to send it our way let me know! You can contact me through the site listed below.

Sorry folks, AntiChrist was going to host the other one but I can't get hold of him at present.

Suchey, I've emailed you. smile.gif

Just finished sending it to you. Let me know the link once you've put it on your site.  smile.gif

EDIT: Nooo! Just got a delivery failed message. I've emailed you again Suchey.

Okay, the two new versions of Battlesounds 1.1 are now released and ready for download. The links are in my sig.

-Battlesounds11.zip has the original M16/XM/AK sounds from v1.0

-Battlesounds11S.zip has Satchel's Dynamic Range M16/XM/AK sounds

Maybe I'll actually get to please everyone this time. Hmm... who am I kidding? wink.gif

Thanks for all the offers to host, and to Hovmand and Suchey for doing so.

Please read the readme before installing.

Enjoy! smile.gif

Ok Munger,

I am very thankfull of what you did. I played MP games yesterday with the gunsounds of Dynamic ragne an I liked it alot. In addition I really like your added sounds like trees falling over, rearm sounds, and others.

To go short I m a happy man and I am sure many more feel the same.

A big THANKS to you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

What happened to the file 1.1 ? I had almost downloaded it (26 meg) and it stopped... so I resumed and now it is only 2.45 meg ? all my download is lost have to start again.. 56k takes bloody hours.

this is the site I was using...

<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry about that  sad.gif

Munger asked me if i could change something in the readme file, so i had to upload it again.

Apologies Gonk - this was my fault not Hovmand's. There was something in the readme that was incorrect and I asked Hovmand to change it, but he subsequently had to upload the file again. Please try downloading it again if you haven't already. smile.gif

biggrin.gif Munger Battlesounds 1.1 IS AWESOME!!!! Thank you soooo very much for using the M-16/AK sounds....I can finally play resistance without cringing everytime an assault rifle fires. Thank you thank you thank you......Tank sounds are great ...Helo sounds are Awesome....BUT i ask one thing hehehehe....could you put the sound tht satchel used for the 20mm gun on the Cobra's? Other than that one SMALL detail I LOVE IT!!! I thank you...My paintabll team thanks you, cuz they dont have to hear me whine about it anymore, and most important my Girlfriend thanks you.......

Your girlfriend eh? Maybe she could thank me personally later? Erm, I mean... glad you like the mod. Yes. wink.gif

Regarding the Cobra cannon sound, I very nearly used the Dynamic Range sound for all the gatling guns since it is a good sample as you say, but what with OFP's 'one size fits all' approach to using one sound for lots of weapons, I eventually decided that the one I used suited them best overall.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ Sep. 06 2002,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

What happened to the file 1.1 ?  I had almost downloaded it (26  meg)  and it stopped... so I resumed and now it is only 2.45 meg ?   all my download is lost have to start again.. 56k takes bloody hours.

this is the site I was using...

<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry about that  sad.gif

Munger asked me if i could change something in the readme file, so i had to upload it again.<span id='postcolor'>

NP... glad it wasn't my computer acting up. wink.gif I got it.... and I love it... thx biggrin.gif