Sign in to follow this  
JeProject

What's the point in the campaign atm.

Who in their right mind is going to even start playing the campaign until things like being able to look around zoomed in with the scope and seeing outside vehicles from the reflection of AI passengers visors are fixed?

What a joke. There's more immersion in some turn based strategy games than Arma3 atm.

Who in their right mind is going to even start playing the campaign until things like being able to look around zoomed in with the scope and seeing outside vehicles from the reflection of AI passengers visors are fixed?

Does the game cease to function or crash when these things happen? No? There are more important game-breaking bugs to worry about. Also, you can look around when you have your weapon scoped, invest in TrackIR or a FreeTrack device.

The campaign has been pretty darn good for me.

Oh right that's ok then.

And if there are better games then ArmA 3, why waste your time complaining about ArmA 3? Go play those games instead?

"There are more important game-breaking bugs to worry about" that's sort of my point.

"Also, you can look around when you have your weapon scoped, invest in TrackIR or a FreeTrack device." That's not at all what I said, I do have TrackIR5.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

[/color]There aren't any better mil sims than the arma series.

I was just making the point that I would rather my campaign experience happen next year and be complete than ruin it playing it any time soon.

You're not really a warrant officer you know (unless you are) you can lighten up a tad.

"There are more important game-breaking bugs to worry about" that's sort of my point.

"Also, you can look around when you have your weapon scoped, invest in TrackIR or a FreeTrack device." That's not at all what I said, I do have TrackIR5.

"The campaign has been pretty darn good for me." Oh right that's ok then.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

There aren't any better mil sims than the arma series.

I was just making the point that I would rather my campaign experience happen next year and be complete than ruin it playing it any time soon.

You're not really a warrant officer you know (unless you are) you can lighten up a tad.

What's the purpose of this post?

I distinctly recall the "Survive" update including a 'welcome back' screen flat-out suggesting this.

What was the purpose of yours. You didn't even read my initial one properly where I mentioned that the zoomed in freelook on scope was really ruining my experience. Maybe there's a mod that can help?

Then you told me to go play another game.

I'm not wasting my time "complaining" about arma3. I'm trying to get other people's take on things. You contradicted yourself saying there's too many other bugs yet the campaign experience was great. I feel I'm wasting my time talking to you tbh.

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Yeah I know, and as such I haven't tried it yet. Was more curious as to why they are spending time working on it rather than fixing other stuff.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

I know you guys must get sick of people whining about shit but common, have you lost all desire to talk about the reality of stuff?

Just because I am disillusioned about the game doesn't mean you have to defend it to the death. I'm not bashing it completely. Can't talk to console loving IRL friends about Arma. Can't talk to other Arma users about Arma. Shelf it for a year and come back to it or what then?

What was the purpose of yours. You didn't even read my initial one properly where I mentioned that the zoomed in freelook on scope was really ruining my experience. Maybe there's a mod that can help?

You never asked for mods, your title states "What's the point in the campaign atm." You never said how the zoomed in freelook is ruining your experience. Why is it ruining your experience?

Then you told me to go play another game.

I never told you to go play another game. If you notice that at the end of each sentence, there are punctuation marks. I happened to use question marks, meaning that I was asking a question, not giving a command.

I'm not wasting my time "complaining" about arma3. I'm trying to get other people's take on things. You contradicted yourself saying there's too many other bugs yet the campaign experience was great. I feel I'm wasting my time talking to you tbh.

It seems to me that you are. Have you filed a bug report to help fix these issues you have found? I gave you my opinion of the campaign.

I did not contradict myself. The game will have bugs, as does any other game. Even with those bugs, I find the campaign quite enjoyable.

This is clearly a joke, 'seeing outside vehicles from the reflection of AI passengers visors'...

Yes I have filed several bug reports @ http://feedback.arma3.com. I know some of them are not that important as far as getting the game to run stable are concerned.

The zooming thing is that if you have your scope up, the area around the scope is still zoomed in and further to that if you use trackir to look about that is all zoomed in too. It's left me designing missions that don't require zoom optics.

When ever I travel inside an APC I can see what's outside in other peoples visor reflection.

These and other things are all bugs that are already on the bug tracker.

For me these are quite major "bugs" though I really see them as just currently missing features. They effect all aspects of play in all missions and the only reason I brought up the campaign is because to me it seems odd to even bother working on it with these kinds of current "problems" still in place. Thousands of others have said it before that they should focus on the engine and let the community do the rest. I guess after all the waiting and constantly trying to get back into the game after giving it a few weeks I just wanted to vent some frustration.

I'm left somewhat milsim-less because I don't want to go back to Arma2's engine/gfx and yet too much of the Arma3 experience is currently not on par with Arma2.

"This is clearly a joke, 'seeing outside vehicles from the reflection of AI passengers visors'... "

I don't get you. This is what I see when I'm in an APC with other AI team members.

Edited by JeProject

Of all the things you could have complained about, you chose these as complete campaign breakers? That just makes it hard to take you seriously. :p

Not as campaign breakers, as immersion breakers. I haven't loaded the campaign.

Some people like playing games, some people get their kicks from simulations.

I've already moved to DCS now that the TOH engine isn't being added but Arma3 can't even get rifle scopes half right which is its bread and butter surely? If that makes me hard to take seriously on an Arma forum then there's not much hope is there.

I know these things take time but BI just seems confused about what they are actually trying to create.

Edited by JeProject

Not as campaign breakers, as immersion breakers. I haven't loaded the campaign.

Some people like playing games, some people get their kicks from simulations.

I've already moved to DCS now that the TOH engine isn't being added but Arma3 can't even get rifle scopes half right which is its bread and butter surely? If that makes me hard to take seriously on an Arma forum then there's not much hope is there.

I know these things take time but BI just seems confused about what they are actually trying to create.

They took the OFP direction. Best you can hope for is Arma 4 to take the Arma 2 direction.

ARMA4? Please no...

In 3-5 years. :)

Also for the threads poster, the reflection are bugged all over the place as far as I know. It's one of those things awaiting a fix.

Yeah it's all stuff that will eventually get fixed. If it was still beta I'd not have a problem. It's just worrying when the devs give the impression some of this stuff isn't a big deal for a mil sim.

Anyways, I bought BlackShark2 so I'll be getting my killing machine fix in the air until Arma3 doesn't feel like I'm playing Bad Company 2.

Yeah it's all stuff that will eventually get fixed. If it was still beta I'd not have a problem. It's just worrying when the devs give the impression some of this stuff isn't a big deal for a mil sim.

Anyways, I bought BlackShark2 so I'll be getting my killing machine fix in the air until Arma3 doesn't feel like I'm playing Bad Company 2.

Enjoy.

And seriously buddy as previously mentioned. If not having the right reflection when your inside an APC is a major issue to you then yeah, enjoy DCS.

I have a distinct feeling that this is a badly disguised A3 bashing thread as you are adding extra things that "need to be fixed, it should be bread and butter". I might be wrong though. But I doubt it.

There is also a dedicated thread for stuff like this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-(dev-branch)

If you don't like that one, try this one: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125820-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-DISCUSSION

And I also see you know about the bug tracker, have you used it to report these "bugs" of yours?

Hi, the point of the campaign as always... it's to show the game's engine news and the units and game's stuff, aside of familiarize you with the game's mechanics as preparation for the MP. Let's C ya

Hi, the point of the campaign as always... it's to show the game's engine news and the units and game's stuff, aside of familiarize you with the game's mechanics as preparation for the MP. Let's C ya

If that indeed is the modern day M.O, than thats a shame. Campaign should be a compelling and engaging story requiring thoughtful, satisfying execution that would leave one wanting to play again and again.

The first episode is both engaging and showcasing for newbies.

Yes and I wasn't trying imply that it's not, more a reference to wipman's post in that hoping future games don't just make hollow shell stories to be used merely as training tool :)

If that indeed is the modern day M.O, than thats a shame. Campaign should be a compelling and engaging story requiring thoughtful, satisfying execution that would leave one wanting to play again and again.

This x 10,000!!! Word UP! :)

Why else would any game company spend so much time in generating campaigns? STORY. GAMEPLAY. IMMERSION. ART. These are what generate value in content, build reputation, and sell games.