Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

In this thread we shall investigate if fonts work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That font is not part of XP's standard installation. It is a OpenTypeâ„¢ font that came with both the Windows 3.1 Font Pack 1, Windows 98 ValuPack, and Microsoft Office 4.1. In all cases, it had to be installed separately.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry to disappoint you but, no. I made a clean install on a new drive. Perhaps it came with Office XP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 02 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That font is not part of XP's standard installation. It is a OpenTypeâ„¢ font that came with both the Windows 3.1 Font Pack 1, Windows 98 ValuPack, and Microsoft Office 4.1. In all cases, it had to be installed separately.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry to disappoint you but, no. I made a clean install on a new drive. Perhaps it came with Office XP?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not disappointed. smile.gif Anyway, even though you have that typeface on your system, it is not part of the Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional operating systems -- take a look at this article on Microsoft's support site:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314960

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Sep. 03 2002,04:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Sep. 02 2002,19:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i have monotype corsiva.

EDIT: typo<span id='postcolor'>

It's not a Windows system font, so the odds of finding it on a system are slim. Do you have any idea how you got this font?<span id='postcolor'>

no idea.

i have win 98se, and i did install win 2k word and excel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 03 2002,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mystery solved smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ok..then there it is, win office 2k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

<span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>Comic Sans MS</span>

<span style='font-family:Times New Roman'>Times New Roman</span>

<span style='font-family:system'>System</span>

<span style='font-family:Monotype Corsiva'>Monotype Corsiva</span>

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'>Tahoma</span>

<span style='font-family:Symbol'>Symbol</span>

<span style='font-family:Courier New'>Courier New</span>

<span style='font-family:Bookman Old Style'>Bookman Old Style</span><span id='postcolor'>

I see them all but..

Any particular reason we are doing this? Why not just go to a font site and choose all the windows default fonts that comes with windows since thats what the majority on this board uses?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 03 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

<span style='font-family:Bookman Old Style'>Bookman Old Style</span><span id='postcolor'>

I see them all but..

Any particular reason we are doing this? Why not just go to a font site and choose all the windows default fonts that comes with windows since thats what the majority on this board uses?<span id='postcolor'>

Because I can't be bothered to look around the M$ site smile.gif

If you can find sites that list standard fonts for Win 95 upwards, you are more than welcome to PM me the links smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">---PLEASE QUOTE FROM HERE---

<span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

<span style='font-family:impact'>Impact</span>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ARIAL

Comic Sans MS

Times New Roman

System

Monotype Corsiva

Tahoma

Symbol

Courier New

Bookman Old Style

<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm confused.gif I see them as default.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 03 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Sep. 03 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

I see them all but..

Any particular reason we are doing this? Why not just go to a font site and choose all the windows default fonts that comes with windows since thats what the majority on this board uses?<span id='postcolor'>

Because I can't be bothered to look around the M$ site smile.gif

If you can find sites that list standard fonts for Win 95 upwards, you are more than welcome to PM me the links smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's why included them in my PM to you...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

I can see them all.

All but the Monotype Corsiva here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 01 2002,12:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>ARIAL</span>

I can see them....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 02 2002,11:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span style='font-family:arial'>Albert is beautiful</span>

<span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'>Ralph is ugly</span>

<span style='font-family:Times New Roman'>Denoir is tiny</span>

<span style='font-family:system'>Tex is fat</span>

<span style='font-family:Monotype Corsiva'>Avon is a girl</span>

<span style='font-family:Tahoma'>Darky has only 9 fingers</span>

<span style='font-family:Symbol'>Albert is smart</span>

<span style='font-family:Courier New'>Albert has lots of potential</span>

<span style='font-family:Bookman Old Style'>his real name isnt Albert</span><span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, works great! My computer even does automatic Content-correction! biggrin.gif

Roger, all clear! smile.gif

I see e'm

Look ma, i can see smile.gif

lol@Albert

Project cancelled because I don't have enough time.

Use whatever font you want (apart from Symbol and Wingdings), but if there are any complains we will not allow you to use that font.

If you wanna use fonts, do it like that: </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> Text[/font ]<span id='postcolor'> however you need to leave out the spaces.

Have fun.