Sign in to follow this  
eegore

Easy PBO extractor?

So back in the old days I used PBOx which was a super easy interface to unpack a PBO into a user mission.

I am having trouble finding an extractor that will convert a PBO back to its original user-made mission format before it was compressed. Most of what I find is for ARMA or wont work on Windows 7 etc. I looked through the community made tools and have searched around but don't see specifically what I am looking for.

All I want to do is take a user made PBO and decompress it to see the scripts/briefings used.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply.

PBO manager eh? How that never came up in my searches I don't know.

So this program provides a list and it looks like I have to "Export" each file individually to an empty folder to then open and edit them on notepad. For missions with large amounts of scripts it would be handy if there was a way to extract the entire folder if that makes sense.

Instead of having to export the init.sqf, mission.sqf, etc. it would just be the "Mission_X.Chernarus" folder where I could just toss it into my ARMA Missions folder and play it if needed. Can this program do that?

Edited by eegore

cpbo is able to pack and unpack entire pbo's / mission files with a single click provided you set it up properly. Link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=411. Part of a larger download of Kegetys' tools. If cpbo does not work properly for you (ie unable to extract pbos) make sure to remove all references to pbos in your registry (there are programs out there that can do this for you). Per standard, pbos are associated with ArmA2/3 and not CPBO.

Thanks for the quick reply.

PBO manager eh? How that never came up in my searches I don't know.

So this program provides a list and it looks like I have to "Export" each file individually to an empty folder to then open and edit them on notepad. For missions with large amounts of scripts it would be handy if there was a way to extract the entire folder if that makes sense.

Instead of having to export the init.sqf, mission.sqf, etc. it would just be the "Mission_X.Chernarus" folder where I could just toss it into my ARMA Missions folder and play it if needed. Can this program do that?

You can pick the files you want by selecting them with mouse while holding down Ctrl and then dragging them to a folder.

Or extract everything to selected folder by right-clicking the "root" of the folder tree.

You can even view files without extracting just by double clicking on a file.

Yes, as Greenfist said, you can do it all with PBOManager. WINSE did a good job.

cPBO is old and troublesome.

Thanks for the information. PBOManager seems to be working ok for what I need. I have the editing skills of a fruit bat so I don't really know how to use all the features of Eliteness and such.

For instance I've been trying for days to figure out how to get a dog to follow a player but it seems like animals aren't normal units.