Sign in to follow this  
jgbtl292

the houses and ruins are the mp problem ...

ya, having to stop playing for 2 or 3 minutes because all player's fps drop from 50 to 5 is annoying

I did test a while ago when I saw something in the changelog but didn't find much diference - are you still doing the same test you did at Kavala earlier in this thread?

Got an answer to this question now. :) There's still generally 10 FPS difference for me in Kavala, but I managed to screenshot a best case cenario for me which was 6 FPS difference with the same test as before.

Intact:

BwE3y01l.jpg

Houses destroyed:

ow4b7dDl.jpg

Very good improvement on this front.

Got an answer to this question now. :) There's still generally 10 FPS difference for me in Kavala, but I managed to screenshot a best case cenario for me which was 6 FPS difference with the same test as before.

Intact:

http://i.imgur.com/BwE3y01l.jpg

Houses destroyed:

http://i.imgur.com/ow4b7dDl.jpg

That is all of Kavala leveled, right? How is the FPS doing in a normal gaming situation, say a couple of dozen leveled buildings?

Splendid nevertheless.

Consider that maybe lots more objects now are not culled.

Consider that maybe lots more objects now are not culled.

You lose a lot of FPS even by simply staring at the ground. Unless viewport frustum culling is really really bad, I don't think it's related to culling, there's nothing to render. The only thing that comes to mind that's left is the simulation itself.

Screenshots below have been taken near a similar location to the camera in the initial tests. FPS is sliced in half when you're not even looking at them.

Buildings intact:

P3HXLO5l.jpg

Buildings wrecked:

pDWubMMl.jpg

Edited by Sniperwolf572

You lose a lot of FPS even by simply staring at the ground. Unless viewport frustum culling is really really bad, I don't think it's related to culling, there's nothing to render. The only thing that comes to mind that's left is the simulation itself.

THanks for double checking! Seems like there's still a lot to optimize :confused: