sancron

XMedSys - Improved Medical System for A3

I feel like it really needs instant death if you take too much damage (Could probably script myself) and the ability to change how long the actions take. It's much shorter than it was in ace.

Other than that changing adding sounds and making sure everything uses the right animation would be a good thing down the line.

See I like the fact that there is not instant death. Like if you are up against a .50cal then of course your going to die first time but thats not really what I want in this game. It is punishing enough that a .50 does so much damage. So maybe an option for these things down the line? Either way I am currently very happy with how the mod is working :)

Well of course no instant death is more fitting for some long missions without respawn, but other times it might be preferred to not have "only" your legs breaking when you get hit by a gbu.

We tryed XmesSys and really enjoyed it :) But we think there is an ussue.Everytime someone gets shot we can wait for around 5 seconds and then he died... Everytime its the same thing is this a bug or its because the unit is too damaged ? As a Medic in my squad I only have time to get to the patient examine him and then he died..... Feature or bug ? Thanks....

We had that issue too, until we realised we'd forgotten to update @cba_a3 on the server to the new version. The mismatch between client and server was making the transition from "passing out" to "dead" instant. Try updating to @cba_a3 1.0.0.5 beta on the server and have another go.

We had that issue too, until we realised we'd forgotten to update @cba_a3 on the server to the new version. The mismatch between client and server was making the transition from "passing out" to "dead" instant. Try updating to @cba_a3 1.0.0.5 beta on the server and have another go.

Will try thanks for your response :)

Headshots don't instantly kill someone.

X39_MedSys_var_Head_DamageMultiplicator = 1000;

Headshots still don't instantly kill someone.

Isn't that two variables per player? And isn't it every tick, i.e. faster than 0.25s? If a squad does down that 16 variables updated every tick or 0.25s?

Also is it possible to have players die if they take too much damage right away, as in if they're directly hit by a GBU, they can't be revived?

what you think of is every frame calculation which is false

XMedSys runs its own "tick" (simply a spawned 1Loop with a sleep at the end) which run by default with 0.25s minimum (used for calculations like bleeding, pain/health "regeneration", ...)

for the instant death

it is confirmed that something like that will come but no work on it started yet

Headshots don't instantly kill someone.

X39_MedSys_var_Head_DamageMultiplicator = 1000;

Headshots still don't instantly kill someone.

its nowhere noted that a headshot will kill instant (its in no way supported to kill someone instant in current version)

Very strange thing

CBA should not affect XMedSys in any way (no dependency)

but there came something bad in my mind i need to check (just hope its not true)

kk its not true what just came into my mind

but then CBA is doing something else which affects the mod which is NOT GOOD then ... : /

Edited by X39

Isn't that two variables per player? And isn't it every tick, i.e. faster than 0.25s? If a squad does down that 16 variables updated every tick or 0.25s?

Also is it possible to have players die if they take too much damage right away, as in if they're directly hit by a GBU, they can't be revived?

I can see there's a tick rate and it's at 0.25.

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

its nowhere noted that a headshot will kill instant (its in no way supported to kill someone instant in current version)

Yes yes, of course not, but still, people are standing even if I've shot them in the head point blank.

I can only change this behaviour by upping the damage multiplier of all damage.

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Also it seems that glnades and hand grenades have a hard time taking someone out. I stood on top of a grenade and easily survived.

CBA should not affect XMedSys in any way (no dependency)

but there came something bad in my mind i need to check (just hope its not true)

kk its not true what just came into my mind

but then CBA is doing something else which affects the mod which is NOT GOOD then ... : /

Yeah, I was surprised that it seemed to be causing the issue - since I know your opinion on CBA.

I don't know that you have to worry about it too much - the problem only occurred when there was a different version of CBA on the server (1.0.0.4) and the clients (1.0.0.5). I don't know enough about how CBA works to know what handlers it has for different events, but my guess was that the old version triggered something that doesn't exist in the new one (possibly related to one of the effects called by KnockOut?), and that crashed everything.

As long as people keep their mods up to date in general, XMedSys seems to be working fine.

I wouldn't expect you to cope with instability caused by me running incompatible versions of an unrelated mod. Similarly with Bejmo's error when synching playable units with Alive modules - it's not your problem to fix when we use some other mod wrongly, and one of the symptoms is that it interferes with XMedSys (that was a long and confusing testing session).

Thanks again for the resetEffects function, too!

Hello,

When i go into a single player game and look into the virtual ammo box or crate i cant find any of the items that are in the mod, and sometimes the respawn button doesnt work, when that happens i have to wait to bleed out.

Thanks

Edited by mpio48

Hello,

When i go into a single player game and look into the virtual ammo box or crate i cant find any of the items that are in the mod, and sometimes the respawn button doesnt work, when that happens i have to wait to bleed out.

Thanks

VAS does not have any of the medic items in that I know of. You have to put a crate down separately. Another way around it is to make the medical box your vas box as well. Once you have saved your load out it will load the medical supplies each time. Hope this helps. With regards to the respawn I agree with you.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Okay after playing on dedi servers with the mod for around 5 hours since the latest version was released these are the things that I think still need fixing.

-The respawn button is not available sometimes. Half the time you can click respawn half the time you have to wait to bleed out and sometimes it becomes available after like 300 seconds? Is this part of the mod or is this wrong? Especially annoying in stuff like the editor because you cant get to the esc menu so it is quicker to crash the game and re launch than bleed out. I know that this mod is not designed for respawning and the idea is to be able to heal people etc but there is a respawn button and it should work ;)

-Sometimes when my legs are broken I will get stuck changing stances between prone and crouch reallly reallyyy fast. So the stance icon is flickering between the two. The result of this is I can't crawl or move at all.

-I noticed this by freak accident last night that if your legs get broken whilst carrying someone (maybe dragging too?) then it has no effect and you keep moving (may try test this to see if i can repeat before i add to feedback tracker)

-Very rarely I still see the duplicated effect thing. Never with camera shake but sometimes with morphine and red flash from being shot. it is very rare and very minimal so I am not going to add it to the feedback tracker as to be honest I don't care enough about the problem as it is now so small.

New mod = fantastic. Much improvement from the old one love it. Please keep up the good work and I will update the feedback tracker when I get a chance! :)

Ed

VAS does not have any of the medic items in that I know of. You have to put a crate down separately. Another way around it is to make the medical box your vas box as well. Once you have saved your load out it will load the medical supplies each time. Hope this helps. With regards to the respawn I agree with you.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:31 ----------

Okay after playing on dedi servers with the mod for around 5 hours since the latest version was released these are the things that I think still need fixing.

1-The respawn button is not available sometimes. Half the time you can click respawn half the time you have to wait to bleed out and sometimes it becomes available after like 300 seconds? Is this part of the mod or is this wrong? Especially annoying in stuff like the editor because you cant get to the esc menu so it is quicker to crash the game and re launch than bleed out. I know that this mod is not designed for respawning and the idea is to be able to heal people etc but there is a respawn button and it should work ;)

2-Sometimes when my legs are broken I will get stuck changing stances between prone and crouch reallly reallyyy fast. So the stance icon is flickering between the two. The result of this is I can't crawl or move at all.

3-I noticed this by freak accident last night that if your legs get broken whilst carrying someone (maybe dragging too?) then it has no effect and you keep moving (may try test this to see if i can repeat before i add to feedback tracker)

4-Very rarely I still see the duplicated effect thing. Never with camera shake but sometimes with morphine and red flash from being shot. it is very rare and very minimal so I am not going to add it to the feedback tracker as to be honest I don't care enough about the problem as it is now so small.

New mod = fantastic. Much improvement from the old one love it. Please keep up the good work and I will update the feedback tracker when I get a chance! :)

Ed

thx for the feedback

to 1:

yes it is expected behaviour (or at least it should be expected as there are two variables for the knockout thingy :F [X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout, X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death])

to 2:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15962 ArmA3 related

to 3:

should be reproducible

please report it ^^

to 4:

usually this is produced through other mods or a wrong setup ("usually" because sometimes its also causes through a stupid update of mine but ... yeah should not in current version)

so please provide your current modset + mission so that im able to check

additional notes to all:

Please move to http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5317ce03e4b0d7d7acab47e0 and vote if you would be fine if i only add an abort button (ESC menu would result in many bugs that can occur when its opened where i not rly got the time to fix them)

kindly regards

X39

Edited by X39

Thanks for your reply.

1. Can you tell me a little bit more about this? So the respawn clock changes changes depending on whether you are knocked out or dead? So if you are dead THEN you can respawn but if you are just knocked out you cant? Have I got that right?

2. Damn thats a pain :P Oh well hopefully they will fix this soon.

3. Next game I will try reproduce and then report.

4. By this point I am fairly confident my setup is good. And to be honest i'm not convinced enough of this problem to feel fair reporting it. If I see this problem again for sure then I will take it further :)

Can I suggest a feature that you could add ? The ability to use XmedSys inside vehicles ! It would be very cool when there is a Medevac that the medic inside the chopper can perform first aid to the patient without having to dismount :)

One thing I'm not too particular on in this mod, is how getting knocked out is based on damage and you always need a medkit to get someone up.

Thanks for your reply.

1. Can you tell me a little bit more about this? So the respawn clock changes changes depending on whether you are knocked out or dead? So if you are dead THEN you can respawn but if you are just knocked out you cant? Have I got that right?

2. Damn thats a pain :P Oh well hopefully they will fix this soon.

3. Next game I will try reproduce and then report.

4. By this point I am fairly confident my setup is good. And to be honest i'm not convinced enough of this problem to feel fair reporting it. If I see this problem again for sure then I will take it further :)

to 1

Nope

Its just the time before respawn button is available

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout

will be applied everytime you can be brought back with epi (no timer is displayed at bottom right edge)

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death

will be applied everytime your DEAD (requires defi to be brought back + timer is displayed in bottom right edge)

One thing I'm not too particular on in this mod, is how getting knocked out is based on damage and you always need a medkit to get someone up.

X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut, X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut, X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead

Theese are the three variables which are defining when you will be knocked out temp/perma or dead

to check your current damage use the function X39_MedSys_fnc_getUnitDamage

its pretty simple if you know how

Can we get alternate download links please? they have been broken for the last few days

to 1

Nope

Its just the time before respawn button is available

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_NormalKnockout

will be applied everytime you can be brought back with epi (no timer is displayed at bottom right edge)

X39_MedSys_Display_TimeBeforeRespawnAvailable_Death

will be applied everytime your DEAD (requires defi to be brought back + timer is displayed in bottom right edge)

X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeKnockOut, X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforePermaKnockOut, X39_MedSys_Generic_DamageBeforeDead

Theese are the three variables which are defining when you will be knocked out temp/perma or dead

to check your current damage use the function X39_MedSys_fnc_getUnitDamage

its pretty simple if you know how

I know how it works and I've configured it a lot, but you still always need a medikit to get someone up.

I know how it works and I've configured it a lot, but you still always need a medikit to get someone up.

Thats because only a medkit rly heals damage ( per default 5 or something like that) but in theory you also could simply set the bandages to heal more then they do right now ( need to check default )

Why cant I press esc when I am down so that I can restart the mission?

i would assume because they dont want you to hit respawn and bypass the medsystem

It has the added side effect of making you unable to talk over radio when using TFAR.