Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Operation Aegean Shield - British Armed Forces

Questions:

1. Should I switch from MTP to CTRG camouflage, or keep the MTP?

2. Should I change the optic from ARCO to RCO or MRCO (Choose one)?

And also,

SITREP 00002:

The recon units will now have black-flavored MX variations.

Edited by Nightmare515

I think that you should have both of the camos, whats the harm in that?

+1.

Perhaps standard infantries can be equipped with the CTRG camo and SF can stay with MTP. Just something I thought about SF, that they seem to like using "classic" equipment, which I believe MTP would be rather "classic" in 2035.

Regarding armour, I know this might be a far off possibility, but there's a Challenger addon for A2 that would suit the British well. Of course depends on the authors permission too.

+1.

Perhaps standard infantries can be equipped with the CTRG camo and SF can stay with MTP. Just something I thought about SF, that they seem to like using "classic" equipment, which I believe MTP would be rather "classic" in 2035.

Regarding armour, I know this might be a far off possibility, but there's a Challenger addon for A2 that would suit the British well. Of course depends on the authors permission too.

CTRG camo isn't just British, though, as the CTRG isn't only British. It's international or at least inter-commonwealth.

Stick with the MTP.

Alright, so I wanted to edit the SITREP above, but my internet connection f*cked up.

CTRG camo isn't just British, though, as the CTRG isn't only British. It's international or at least inter-commonwealth.

Stick with the MTP.

I agree.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Also, I moved the Multicam MICH to another project, hint hint.

Alright, so I wanted to edit the SITREP above, but my internet connection f*cked up.

I agree.

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

Also, I moved the Multicam MICH to another project, hint hint.

OAS: US Armed Forces?

Yeah either both camos or just keep MTP and maybe redo the mod description as some think there should still be CTRG. I also think keep the current scopes, more realistic as the MTP is also more realistic to what British units may look like in the future.

Also looking forward to OAS:US armed forces. Hopefully you will be using 3rd party weapons like FHQ's(?) M4's and M16's or for a more futureistic loadout the ACR being made by another mod team or Slatt's Scars once he releases them.

Questions:

1. Should I switch from MTP to CTRG camouflage, or keep the MTP?

2. Should I change the optic from ARCO to RCO or MRCO (Choose one)?

And also,

SITREP 00002:

The recon units will now have black-flavored MX variations.

I'd give the SF/Recon units CTRG camo, make them stand out and SF tend to take the next development of camo a fair while before its adapted by regulars, plus I like CTRG and it'd be nice to have it in a decent mod without having to go through the story units. I'd also give the Recon units the tan MX and everyone else black, seeing as they are supposed to be sneaky and black is easier to spot.

I'd give the SF/Recon units CTRG camo, make them stand out and SF tend to take the next development of camo a fair while before its adapted by regulars, plus I like CTRG and it'd be nice to have it in a decent mod without having to go through the story units. I'd also give the Recon units the tan MX and everyone else black, seeing as they are supposed to be sneaky and black is easier to spot.
I totally agree with this

I think that the weapons should stay the same and the MX would be good for SF as it shows the use of foreign weapons like how the modern day SF's in the UK use the C8 a lot instead of L85's and in the past even used the M16a2 a lot.

I think that the weapons should stay the same and the MX would be good for SF as it shows the use of foreign weapons like how the modern day SF's in the UK use the C8 a lot instead of L85's and in the past even used the M16a2 a lot.

So basically it's MTP + L85's for standard infantries and CTRG camo + MX's for SF?

I reckon we should just reserve the CTRG camo to CTRG. This group is composed of SF's anyways so they could be doing all the testing before passing it onto fellow SF. Just because the CTRG uniform in game has the Union Jack I dont think it means its a British camo. Rather its a standard issue camo for the joint CTRG task force.

Edited by Modder

Yeah, so ATM it should be F2000's/Mk20 for normal troops who are in MTP, and then either SF have MX's and CTRG or you make a seperate group called CTRG forces which have CTRG and I dont know what gun they can use and then the F2000s will be replaced by L85's if Kiory releases a new RIS version.

Update 1.9

Changelog:

v1.8:

- Modified all patches.

- Added Black MX variants for Special Forces.

- Inventory corrections.

- Tweaked most classnames.

Download

My main problem and the reason I'd like to see at least the SF get CTRG, is at the moment, unless you are close enough to touch them, you can't see the difference between the BAF troops and the rest of the NATO troops. It'd be nice to see some different equipment maybe, even if its just to give them all a backpack as default. Something to make them visually distinct from their US counterparts.

My main problem and the reason I'd like to see at least the SF get CTRG, is at the moment, unless you are close enough to touch them, you can't see the difference between the BAF troops and the rest of the NATO troops. It'd be nice to see some different equipment maybe, even if its just to give them all a backpack as default. Something to make them visually distinct from their US counterparts.

But they aren't, even in the real world.

But they aren't, even in the real world.

They really are. See this compared to this. Same camo, entirely different kit. Ends up with an entirely different look despite using the exact same colour palette and basic style.

They really are. See this compared to this. Same camo, entirely different kit. Ends up with an entirely different look despite using the exact same colour palette and basic style.

Not the same camo, but the same color, different lighting of course makes them look different (get a picture of them with the same lighting). British MTP and Multicam are made by the same people, Crye Precision. They did in fact use the same colors for both patterns. MTP is pretty much a british version of Multicam with the pattern being like DPM in Multicam colors. It's the same. Color-wise it looks the same. It's the kit that makes the difference. So having the Brits wear different camouflage that isn't even specific to them wouldn't be the best way to make them different. Best way for that is to give them different kits. Maybe this mod could request to use STALKERGB's British vests if it's absolutely necessary for them to look different.

Not the same camo, but the same color, different lighting of course makes them look different (get a picture of them with the same lighting). British MTP and Multicam are made by the same people, Crye Precision. They did in fact use the same colors for both patterns. MTP is pretty much a british version of Multicam with the pattern being like DPM in Multicam colors. It's the same. Color-wise it looks the same. It's the kit that makes the difference. So having the Brits wear different camouflage that isn't even specific to them wouldn't be the best way to make them different. Best way for that is to give them different kits. Maybe this mod could request to use STALKERGB's British vests if it's absolutely necessary for them to look different.

Or even better his awesome helmets!

I reckon we need to remember that this BAF is part of a fictional operation. Im sure that Nightmare has no intention to make a realistic representation of current day British troops, rather what he wants for the British to look like in his Operation Aegean Shield campaign. I believe kiory is working on a full current-day realistic BAF mod.

I reckon we need to remember that this BAF is part of a fictional operation. Im sure that Nightmare has no intention to make a realistic representation of current day British troops, rather what he wants for the British to look like in his Operation Aegean Shield campaign. I believe kiory is working on a full current-day realistic BAF mod.

This.

Also updated the OP with some screenshots.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Just a heads up, I will be taking a break with this after version 2.0.

I've thought about making a EU Battlegroup (Based off of the EFEC from Endwar and the ECA from ROTR).

Just a heads up, I will be taking a break with this after version 2.0.

I've thought about making a EU Battlegroup (Based off of the EFEC from Endwar and the ECA from ROTR).

As in a mod or a unit/clan/group?

As in a mod or a unit/clan/group?

A mod, but not exactly sure I'll do it.

A mod, but not exactly sure I'll do it.

That would be interesting. I of course suggest that you should do it! Ill take it that you're short of EU soldiers for OAS or will this be separate from the campaign?

There's a European Union mod in the works but they seem to have gone quite...