Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

New amazing operation flashpoint resistance

I love the mission so far (I'm not done yet) but I've found that the gas stations are dry... Given all the driving around that people will do (I thought for some reason that the place where ancient warriors left on adventures would be a pier or dock, so I drove all the way from the twins to the west coast and ran out of gas on the way back mad.gif) it would be nice to be able to refuel. My jeep ran out of gas, luckily I was near an empty vehicle to offload all my ammo and ordinance.

On an unrelated note, I've found my best weapon to be.....a vehicle! Driving through the darkest depths of the northern central Nogovan forests when I come upon a "demon" so I put my ton of detroit steel bullet right through his chest. The only downside to this is that I've taken out a few small trees and bushes too biggrin.gif

Anyways, thanks alot for an interesting and fun mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ Sep. 05 2002,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I love the mission so far (I'm not done yet) but I've found that the gas stations are dry...  Given all the driving around that people will do (I thought for some reason that the place where ancient warriors left on adventures would be a pier or dock, so I drove all the way from the twins to the west coast and ran out of gas on the way back  mad.gif) it would be nice to be able to refuel.  My jeep ran out of gas, luckily I was near an empty vehicle to offload all my ammo and ordinance.

On an unrelated note, I've found my best weapon to be.....a vehicle!  Driving through the darkest depths of the northern central Nogovan forests when I come upon a "demon" so I put my ton of detroit steel bullet right through his chest.  The only downside to this is that I've taken out a few small trees and bushes too  biggrin.gif

Anyways, thanks alot for an interesting and fun mission.<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO biggrin.gif

Never even thought about that! No idea why they are empty though, I didn't touch them at all!! I reckon its to do with OFP itself...

Anyway, enjoy, and if you need help just post here smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 04 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 04 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really good map m8 wow!

but i have one request please please please can you make a mp version? it shouldnt be that hard to do  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

How would an MP map work?

Multiple heroes? Multiple villains hunting 1 hero (reminiscent of CS VIP missions)?<span id='postcolor'>

I was think right that the main chracter (SP) woul still be intact but he will have companions who travell with him and trie to figure out the mystery aswell it wold be quiet fun i think smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 06 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 04 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 04 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really good map m8 wow!

but i have one request please please please can you make a mp version? it shouldnt be that hard to do  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Multiple heroes? Multiple villains hunting 1 hero (reminiscent of CS VIP missions)?<span id='postcolor'>

I was think right that the main chracter (SP) woul still be intact but he will have companions who travell with him and trie to figure out the mystery aswell it wold be quiet fun i think smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, if someone's played the SP mission though, then he knows where to go and how to beat it confused.gif

I would love to see the source for this in the editor, how do I do this?

ok, ronin heres what ive done:

I talked to the woman at the start, went to the castle at trosky, it was empty. Headed to the ruins on a cliff at the side of the river, some woman is there who wont talk.

Can you please give me a few more hints.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Sep. 08 2002,05:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok, ronin heres what ive done:

I talked to the woman at the start, went to the castle at trosky, it was empty. Headed to the ruins on a cliff at the side of the river, some woman is there who wont talk.

Can you please give me a few more hints.<span id='postcolor'>

The 2 twins are the two snow capped mountains near Trosky, go to the top of the first one, look for a camp fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Sep. 08 2002,14:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ohh ok. Chears bigears.  tounge.gif

Whens the second installment of this mission out?<span id='postcolor'>

Second installment confused.gif

What do you mean confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Sep. 08 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Will there be a fairy island 2?<span id='postcolor'>

Most likely not I'm afraid sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ Sep. 08 2002,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I added a link in the missioncenter at operation-flashpoint.de,

http://www.operation-flashpoint.de/mission.php?id=4962

watch the download rate wink.gif

one bad thing is, that ofp.de will  be closed in 2 days, the database will alive.<span id='postcolor'>

0 downloads, I'm impressed! confused.gif

Once I have my computer back up and running (about 2 days I reckon) I could make a German version of it...you reckon the German players would be interested? It would make it easier on them...I think...?

EDIT: And thanks for putting that up smile.gif

RONIN!!! i just got some ideas!!! I was looking through ShadowMans sound files, because it has some of the most freakiest and warped sounds.

If you havnt played the game, you should! Anyway i can send you some sounds from it. Theres this awesome one where theres all dead soulds, in the Deadside and you can hear they screaming and making all wierd cries and shit. The game has the most scary music and sound effects and they would go AWESOME in your mission. If youre interested in using the sounds i can set up a description.ext and the working sounds and send them to you if you want?

Or you could ofcourse buy shadowman biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Sep. 09 2002,12:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">RONIN!!! i just got some ideas!!! I was looking through ShadowMans sound files, because it has some of the most freakiest and warped sounds.

If you havnt played the game, you should! Anyway i can send you some sounds from it. Theres this awesome one where theres all dead soulds, in the Deadside and you can hear they screaming and making all wierd cries and shit. The game has the most scary music and sound effects and they would go AWESOME in your mission. If youre interested in using the sounds i can set up a description.ext and the working sounds and send them to you if you want?

Or you could ofcourse buy shadowman  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can you hang on to those, I will have my PC back up and running in about 2 days. Could you send me the ogg's then? I'll give you an email which can take a large amount of megs as soon as my PC is back up and running smile.gif

Yep i can send .oggs biggrin.gif

Also im getting 512/128 ADSL in 1 week so ill send them then. Ill see if i can send you just a shitload of files so you can choose which sounds you would like. Also theres a shitload of enemy skins in the shadowman skins directory, and it has heaps of wierd zombie and demon faces, so i could send you some face skins from shadowman that you can put on the enemies in the mission. Then you can have east troops with demon faces and stuff. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LoneSoldier @ Sep. 10 2002,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep i can send .oggs biggrin.gif

Also im getting 512/128 ADSL in 1 week so ill send them then. Ill see if i can send you just a shitload of files so you can choose which sounds you would like. Also theres a shitload of enemy skins in the shadowman skins directory, and it has heaps of wierd zombie and demon faces, so i could send you some face skins from shadowman that you can put on the enemies in the mission. Then you can have east troops with demon faces and stuff.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have MSN or ICQ? Ill have internet at home in about 10 days, that will give you plenty of time to prepare everything smile.gif

Amazing mission. I love it and I'm not even done yet. Long time ago my brother got a Notice to Airmen about the dangers of CFIT. Controlled Flight Into Terrain. That means you flew a perfectly good aircraft into the ground because you couldn't see. That applies very well here because I was playing at night with the bedroom lights off and flying the cessna low with the nav lights off looking for fires.... I got all relazed and very into the game, saw a town ahead then.. BOOM!!!! Flash of flame and light from the underside of my aircraft. Smoke billowing out back then skip skip thud as I slam into a building. Man you scared me bad. Thanks for taking a couple years off my life.

LoneSoldier, I added you smile.gif

knightlite, scaring you is the point of this mission tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Ronin whats your MSN user name? because 3 people have added me in the last day and i dont even know who they are tounge.gif

Hi all,

Ex Ronin i am stuck where am i suppose to go after when the wise man said that the birds would lead me to the big gold snake where should i go?

Thanks in advance

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 07 2002,13:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 06 2002,10:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Sep. 04 2002,20:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Keva @ Sep. 04 2002,13:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Really good map m8 wow!

I was think right that the main chracter (SP) woul still be intact but he will have companions who travell with him and trie to figure out the mystery aswell it wold be quiet fun i think smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, if someone's played the SP mission though, then he knows where to go and how to beat it confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes but wouldnt this being the same as somone in sp playing it beating it once and doing it again confused.gif please ronin it would be a blast!!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LT.Schaffer @ Sep. 11 2002,04:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi all,

Ex Ronin i am stuck where am i suppose to go after when the wise man said that the birds would lead me to the big gold snake where should i go?

Thanks in advance<span id='postcolor'>

Birds=Flying=Airport wink.gif