cobra4v320

AI HALO Jump Example Mission

Awesome. Just awesome brother! Great work...

Did a zillion jumps with last, and now this 2.0 version. I only tested the flagHALO.sqf

with the COB_fnc_HALO system. Have NOT yet tested in MP. That will be tomorrow.

With standard game (non dev), works great. We are able to access the Editor now so

everyone should be able to look into how you setup and just deduce from there. This

is essential to anyone that is new, or even newish. Really cool ideas I might add!

Better setup now as there is no conflict with Tonic's VAS. No errors or adjustments

needed now. Big plus to us who have a mess of addons and other zaney scripts that

we armaholics cram into this mind-blowing game.

Couple of notes. Is the log necessary? What exactly does this do? Also, the only

'issue' that I could find so far, is the adding of the HALO Helmet. I already have a

dedicated HALO setup (same helmet) and its giving me another one. What is really

weird is I commented-out the line and it still does it. Then I deleted the line

altogether and it still gave me an extra helmet. How is it running code that

no longer exists? Skynet? Bazaar. Not a big deal as it doesn't kick out any other

gear that I noticed. Great idea. But worried someone is going to lose something

in their Pack if its packing that extra helmet. Very small issue. Just noting...

Other than that I'm very very impressed. Way more than I would've hoped for.

The Blur Effects are working again. Really sells the jarring of the Jump, then the

opening of the chute. LOVE IT!!! A+ work. MP testing tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Let me know how the MP goes. As for the log, no its not necessary, it sends that message to your .rpt file for checking errors.

---------- Post added at 05:05 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

When I HALO-Jump from the flagpole, I just get teleported (on the ground) there?

Dirty Haz

I see the error you are talking about, I will get a fix out tonight.

Line 158 change it to: if ((backpack _unit) != "b_parachute") then {_unit addBackpack "B_parachute"}; //add the parachute if unit has no parachute

Another error I found is in re-adding the helmet, it will throw a cfgWeapons error if you jumped without a helmet, an easy fix.

Edited by cobra4v320

Version 2.1:

• Fixed: when unit did not have a backpack it would show an error
  • Fixed: Chemlights would attach to the head when the unit had no helmet. It now attaches to the head when wearing a helmet or to the shoulder when not wearing a helmet.
  • Fixed: If you start out with the helicopter crew helmet it will not add another one.
  • Changed: I changed some of the sounds and added new ones.
  • Fixed: If you start out with a parachute with saveloadout selected, it will not add a parachute to the front of the unit.

Edited by cobra4v320

Thanks! It is working now but I get a popup error saying "para_pilot" or something when I open my parachute.

Dirty Haz

Does NOT work in MP :icon9:

Anyone know how to fix?

Edited by Goblin
sick of MP problems!

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks! It is working now but I get a popup error saying "para_pilot" or something when I open my parachute.

Dirty Haz

Make sure you download the latest version, there is a new sound.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

Does NOT work in MP :icon9:

Anyone know how to fix?

My computer CTD in MP. I will look at it later. Works fine for SP.

Great work!

One issue: By using it witu AiA, I get an echo while hearing your custom sounds - with the new version!

In the last version the sound was ok - no echoing.

Looks like the issue is with the paradrop function, you cannot steer the parachute and it throws you around. Doing it with multiple AI and you get CTD.

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 18:18 ----------

Great work!

One issue: By using it witu AiA, I get an echo while hearing your custom sounds - with the new version!

In the last version the sound was ok - no echoing.

Getting this thing working right and in MP is my first priority, then hammering out the small details later. By the time I get this fixed, BIS will have it all patched up and fixed.

Ah yes, forgot to copy the new sound across. Hopefully you can get it working in MP. :D

Dirty Haz

Real good job on the example mission, very complete.

Really like the

Could you make a mission with the NSW gear?

Like wearing a O2 mask while free falling and removing it when on the ground.

Sure hope the max speed of the parachute will be changed in a patch

@065Tim

You can add your own. Just customize your Game/Map/Mission however you want.

ItsThomas' NSW Mod is a separate addon. Just DL and install to use it. I would love

to see an upgrade to the speed of freefall and chute descend rates as well myself.

@EVERYONE

Anyone good MP coding? This has to be (famous last words) an easy fix. Can someone

take a look at Cobra's brilliant script to get her running so everyone can Jump in MP?

Had to scrap Friday's HALO Jumps into the AO. Bummer. Wore out a pair of good boots.

Also, anyone know why the script is running code that was deleted? Is this from the

Log & Functions setup/design? Just curious...

Hi again Cobra,

It seems a good script however I still getting the same problem.

The game crashes when Im at the mohawk and when I uses other ways to HALO o HAHO, flag pole or heli. By using addons and without it... Im not using the dev branch...

I dont really know why....

yeah seems really good. Can you make it useable for Multiplayer PvP ?

I use it in a PvP at a ded. Server. If i klick for the Halo jump Position on MAp, no halo jump but iam at this Position.

This is awesome!

Can't figure out how to get my whole team to HALO jump. In the script it says player so how would add my team?

What would it look like if I had a four man team? Do I need to name them myself?

Edited by lavbo0321

This is a piece of shit script. Causes more problems than solves. Now the guy who made the HALO script for ArmA 2, now that was the shit. It worked every time, and you could jump with a a boat.

The only thing shit here is your posting style, I advice you to fix it and bring it up to normal standards.

If you know it all so well, go make something and rock all our socks off with it. But somehow I am sure that will never happen. You rather sit on your hands and insult the efforts of other people.

Stupid spoiled behaviour...........

Thanks for the script ! Works well !

Just currently got a slight problem with AI, worked fine with the AI and basic loadout but now I'm using costum loadouts on my units. So I have something like that in the init.sqf:

removeAllWeapons S2;
removeGoggles S2;
removeHeadgear S2;
removeVest S2;
removeUniform S2;
removeBackpack S2;
removeAllAssignedItems S2; S2 addHeadgear "H_Shemag_tan"; S2 addGoggles "G_Tactical_Clear"; S2 addUniform "U_B_CTRG_1"; S2 addVest "V_Chestrig_oli"; S2 addBackpack "B_AssaultPack_cbr"; S2 addMagazine "11Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addWeapon "srifle_EBR_F"; S2 addWeapon "hgun_Pistol_heavy_01_F"; S2 addPrimaryWeaponItem "muzzle_snds_B"; S2 addPrimaryWeaponItem "acc_pointer_IR"; S2 addPrimaryWeaponItem "optic_Nightstalker"; S2 addHandgunItem "muzzle_snds_acp"; S2 addItem "FirstAidKit"; S2 addMagazine "SmokeShellGreen"; S2 addMagazine "SmokeShell"; S2 addMagazine "Chemlight_green"; S2 addMagazine "Chemlight_green"; S2 addMagazine "Chemlight_red"; S2 addMagazine "HandGrenade"; S2 addMagazine "11Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "Chemlight_yellow"; S2 addMagazine "11Rnd_45ACP_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addMagazine "20Rnd_762x51_Mag"; S2 addItem "FirstAidKit"; S2 addMagazine "ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag"; S2 linkItem "ItemMap"; S2 linkItem "ItemCompass"; S2 linkItem "ItemWatch"; S2 linkItem "ItemRadio"; S2 linkItem "ItemGPS"; S2 linkItem "NVGoggles"; S2 linkItem "Rangefinder"; 

And then the HALO jump code. The jump works but when they arrive on the ground the AIs keep their parachute on their back and the backpacks stay on their pelvis even though it works fine with the player...

Any idea ?!

Edited by yoannis1995

Is there any way of making this work with VAS?

I keep getting crashed to desktop :(

This is a piece of shit script. Causes more problems than solves. Now the guy who made the HALO script for ArmA 2, now that was the shit. It worked every time, and you could jump with a a boat.

Sorry folks haven't been on ARMA for a while, have some other things going on. But I did happen to see this gem in my email, thanks dude I needed a good laugh. On a side note if anyone would like to take over what was started and make it better please go ahead.

Thanks Foxhound!

If this helps anyone. Note: I do not play SP w/ AI in my squad.

I only play MP with 1 other 'real' person at a time on my LAN.

MP FIX:

fn_halo.sqf - Just remove line 22:

if (!isServer || isDedicated) exitWith {};

(Big thanks to Mikie boy for the tip, can't believe I missed that)

VAS FIX:

class CfgFunctions
{
	class COB 
{
	class functions 
	{
		class HALO {file = "COB_HALO\functions\fn_halo.sqf"};
		class paradrop {file = "COB_HALO\functions\fn_paradrop.sqf"};
	};
};
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
};

Just replace the VAS cfg setup in your description.ext with this section

or there will be a conflict/crash in the game.

@Cobra

Thanks a million for this package. Ignore the fools. This package is brilliant! Will use every weekend.

@Goblin:

Thanks! HALO works and there are no more crahs with your VAS fix, but when I choose VAS, I get this error: "Resource VAS_diag not found"...

I added all lines correct in description...

@Goblin:

Thanks! HALO works and there are no more crahs with your VAS fix, but when I choose VAS, I get this error: "Resource VAS_diag not found"...

I added all lines correct in description...

same problem, i think its the string table.

Don't forget this as well in description.ext

Add near the top. (Above the class cfgFunctions section)

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

Edited by Goblin
clarify