Sign in to follow this  
UltimateBawb

New Weapons

What do you all think about the new Rahim DMR, 4-five, and Zubr revolver?

The one thing I don't understand is why the Rahim (bullpup SVD) is capable of full-auto... can someone explain this or is it a slip?

It is 2035, when Snipers become Semi Auto since 21st century, and when DMR's become fully Automatic. Soon, we will have Tanks that shoot bursts of accurate HDEP and SABOT's. Ahaha, just teasing. No idea.

So far i know the older SVU (SVU-A) can fire full auto so i guess the Rahim can too

Edited by RobertHammer

To say nothing of the VSS Vintorez preceding them both... so it's probably not an oversight.

Only problem with the four five is that when you slap a suppressor on there, it inherits the properties of the general .45 suppressor which is tuned for the ACP, which causes the four five to have massively reduced recoil.

Only problem with the four five is that when you slap a suppressor on there, it inherits the properties of the general .45 suppressor which is tuned for the ACP, which causes the four five to have massively reduced recoil.

Mod solution for this issue in general is coming shortly via new silencers. We just need to sort configs per weapon, and I need to export a few dozen versions for the current array of weapons.

I always like new toys though, the 4-Five is pretty sweet. I'm not surprised the Rahim has auto fire. Whether or not intentional, I have no clue. People would complain if it was single shot only I imagine. As this seems to be the natural cycle with these things, so meh.. clever enough. ;)

The M-14 (dunno whats the ingame name) also has full auto, so.....

To be honest, Rahim looks more like an assault rifle than a sniper rifle... probably more towards dedicated marksman like the SPR... so yeah, I'll equip my troops with Rahim and ARCO scope.... and pretend them to be AUG

Yeah, the Rahim is explicitly supposed to be a heavier-caliber DMR, right down to the classname specifying "DMR_01" despite it having the prefix "srifle" like the M320 LRR and the GM6 Lynx -- but then again, so does the Mk18 ABR! I'd also note that you've got at least one "Aussie AUG" mod in the pipeline...

They need to add some new medium/long range Snipers. Like the m-24 and Lapua... Speaking of the Lapua, here is a Russian made sniper rifle, that uses .338 Lapua Magnum rounds.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/ORSIS_T-5000_.308Win_Sniping_competition_for_The_Armourers_Day_05.jpg (1555 kB)

Maybe some other Snipers, like the Sako M10 Sniper Weapons System?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/10/20/sako-trg-m10-sniper-weapon-system/

http://i2.guns.ru/forums/icons/forum_pictures/005698/5698534.jpg (101 kB)

The Caracal CSR Sniper? Maybe?

Caracal_CS338.jpg

Edited by DarkSideSixOfficial