Sign in to follow this  
Killerco

Float plane

A few months ago I saw a screenshot of a cessna float plane(in the water floating:0!wink.gif. was this a doctered pic???, or the real mcoy? I was wonder if it is out or in the works.

Thx

Killerco

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Killerco @ Aug. 23 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few months ago I saw a screenshot of a cessna float plane(in the water floating:0!wink.gif. was this a doctered pic???, or the real mcoy? I was wonder if it is out or in the works.

Thx

Killerco<span id='postcolor'>

A floating plane would only work as eye candy. You couldnt take off or land on the water sad.gif

Why not? Can't you make it a plane with "canfloat=1"?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ALDEGA @ Aug. 23 2002,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why not? Can't you make it a plane with "canfloat=1"?<span id='postcolor'>

You can but it will still sink like a rock tounge.gif

I've noticed in these type of threads people seem pretty certain what the limits of the OFP engine are...are they really that sure, or just assume because they can't do it it can't be done?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 24 2002,04:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've noticed in these type of threads people seem pretty certain what the limits of the OFP engine are...are they really that sure, or just assume because they can't do it it can't be done?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm gonna try the canfloat thing in a couple of hours...

already tried it with the tornado.. sinks as an rock...

PICS

there is a lot of debate about sea planes but there are some who say it has worked. the ppl who have got it to work say they had to configure it more like a boat than a plane. but it aparently works if u land very carefully!

Well when O2 comes out the goose will be imported for testing!

c u all around

Wish we could have that giant plane the Russians built that never really worked. Cna not remember the name, it was suppose flow low close to the water or something, think it was from the 50's.

You mean the Ekranoplans??

They built shedloads of them (Okay, about 12) and operated them on the Black Sea.... huge ugly looking things, and were designed either for transport or to take out US carrier groups by flying waay to low

The US built the spruse goose it flew only once it is now a musiem peace anyways it flew like 75 feet off the water and it wasnt supose to fly yet they where just going to taxi it out in the water so the goverment wouldnt cut there funding but the war ended anyways quite intristing on the history channal said that if there wasnt any hydrolics on it you couldnt fly the plane because it needed like a force of 300 pounds to move the controle serfices in the air so if the hydrolic line broke you couldnt fly it no matter what

The caspian sea monster was badass

Some good info on this site

Ekranoplanes

LUN shooting 3M80 rockets

lun.jpg

Lun drawing. Picture by M.Dmitriev, TM 10'98

lun_dr.jpg

Unloading BTR-80 from "Orlyonok's cargo deck

Orlenok.jpg

"Orlyonok" goes to the coast

orlenok6.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ Aug. 25 2002,12:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The caspian sea monster was badass<span id='postcolor'>

Wht is it with the Soviets and buildng huge cool badass weapons of Destruction (Wishes Russian Communism had never caved in)... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UKSubmariner @ Aug. 25 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ Aug. 25 2002,12wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The caspian sea monster was badass<span id='postcolor'>

Wht is it with the Soviets and buildng huge cool badass weapons of Destruction (Wishes Russian Communism had never caved in)... biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Cause just as the United States did, they during the cold war wasted thousind of billions just to impressive their own citicenz. Its called Propeganda.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ Aug. 25 2002,23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (UKSubmariner @ Aug. 25 2002,21:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ Aug. 25 2002,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The caspian sea monster was badass<span id='postcolor'>

Wht is it with the Soviets and buildng huge cool badass weapons of Destruction (Wishes Russian Communism had never caved in)... <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Cause just as the United States did, they during the cold war wasted thousind of billions just to impressive their own citicenz. Its called Propeganda.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but if Communism hadn't collapsed then the Cold War would still be on......

And I'd be going out on patrol more.....

*I wanna go back, I wanna go back soooo much*

It's not useless. 6 Sunburn missiles are difficult to intercept even for a Ticonderoga or Arleigh Burke class ship.