Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

A request for:

What OFP needs are machine pistols! I'm surprised to see that the only SMG made recently was a config change of the BIS Uzi! OFP needs Ingram's (MAC 11 @ 1600 RPM wow.gif MAC 10 & 1100 RPM), Uzi's (The micro and mini variants should be held like a pistol), Stechkins, etc. Someone please make these, they would be ideal for mafia and criminal units!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (drewb99 @ Aug. 23 2002,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[image well over 100kb]<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, the image is 25 kb smile.gif

ofp is a war sim... with long range battles... why does it needs smgs? i mean smgs are nice but they arent really useful in ofp, are they?

we already got two .......

well the M3 Grease gun would be cool, maybe it would even fit the timeframe (why they're used by the Hungarian army in SOF2 beats all reason, however)

Of course SMG are useful in OFP...don't tell me we're gonna have the same stupid debate like we did about "are pistols any use in OFP".

Not every mission is a 500m snipefest...especially with people making new islands with bigger urban areas etc.

Oh, and just so you know, SMGs have been used IRL in every major conflict since WW2...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 24 2002,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Of course SMG are useful in OFP...don't tell me we're gonna have the same stupid debate like we did about "are pistols any use in OFP".<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the pistols have proved that point (that they have no place in OFP) - even with their current super-sniping ability smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 25 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, the pistols have proved that point (that they have no place in OFP) - even with their current super-sniping ability smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Why haven't got pistols any use in the game then? I think the pistols are a big improvement to the game, and its always handy to have a spare weapon, incase u ran out of ammo for your main weapon .

but it takes too much time to get it in the hand and ready to fire via the action menu.... reloading your primary weapon is most the time much faster

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Aug. 25 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but it takes too much time to get it in the hand and ready to fire via the action menu.... reloading your primary weapon is most the time much faster<span id='postcolor'>

U should get it in hands before your main weapon runs out of ammo, and my experience is that when in close quarters , the pistols are quite handy..

I believe (not sure) that it's the Glock 17c & 19 that can be modified to fire full auto. This would be fun, but not very practical because with only 17 rounds you'd burn through that too quick.

I don't know why any of you even mention that having pistols is useless in the game, if you don't want them dont use them. Though I've found for units like the heavy grenadier it's extremely useful to have a side arm, or any other unit that is limited to 4 clips such as law/at soliders, snipers, medics, etc

It's the glock 18 that fires on fullauto, and is usaully provided with a 30 round mag. And who cares if pistols arent too useful, they sure look better on criminals then assault rifles. And an ingram would be fairly useful, even though its not accurate, the rate of fire more than compensates for it. And yes, heavy grenadiers are WAY better with sidearms. And an A-Team mod just could not be complete without ingrams, since ive seen hannibal use them in around 8 episodes!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Aug. 25 2002,23:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but it takes too much time to get it in the hand and ready to fire via the action menu.... reloading your primary weapon is most the time much faster<span id='postcolor'>

That's why I just hit the G button....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Aug. 24 2002,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">don't tell me we're gonna have the same stupid debate like we did about "are pistols any use in OFP"<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently we are... confused.gif