Sign in to follow this  
deadmoroz

Boevaya mashina desanta 3

Very nice, is this BMP 3 going to be released or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 23 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very nice, is this BMP 3 going to be released or what?<span id='postcolor'>

it's not a bmp 3 , it's a BMD

deadmoroz, if you would like this model to be imported and textured, then contact my by PM.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ Aug. 23 2002,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">deadmoroz, if you would like this model to be imported and textured, then contact my by PM.<span id='postcolor'>

heh, it will be released by Kavkaz Crisis mod My Webpage

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 23 2002,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Aug. 23 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very nice, is this BMP 3 going to be released or what?<span id='postcolor'>

it's not a bmp 3 , it's a BMD<span id='postcolor'>

If it's a BMD-3 (which I think it is from the two front gun ports), it's missing a big section in the back.  The back section should have roof-top hatches, unless the hatches are removed and it's an open top, but I've never seen a BMD like that as that gives it's troops less protection against artillery and NBC attacks.   So in my opinion it still needs some work.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

bmd3-1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The back section should have roof-top hatches, unless the hatches are removed and it's an open top, but I've never seen a BMD like that as that gives it's troops less protection against artillery and NBC attacks.<span id='postcolor'>

BMD's are like that. The nature of operations carried out by paratroops(VDV Vozdushno Desantnie Vojeska) makes artillery and NBC hazards unlikely

Take a look at the schematics here(BMD-2) and this pic(BMD-3)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]HAZARD @ Aug. 23 2002,20:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The back section should have roof-top hatches, unless the hatches are removed and it's an open top, but I've never seen a BMD like that as that gives it's troops less protection against artillery and NBC attacks.<span id='postcolor'>

BMD's are like that. The nature of operations carried out by paratroops(VDV Vozdushno Desantnie Vojeska) makes artillery and NBC hazards unlikely

Take a look at the schematics here(BMD-2) and this pic(BMD-3)<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting.  I didn't realize that they took out a big chunk of the rear.  Is that the engine compartment there in the middle of the rear section?  

At any rate, the model still seems off as the rear section in the middle is angled on the pic of the BMD-3 in the link you posted.  Also the model has that gap maybe a tiny bit too wide.  But I guess those are just minor quibbles.  

Do you know where the passengers sit in the rear or do they mostly just ride on the roof of the vehicle like in Chechnya (I assume out of fear of land mines)?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

ive made the precursor to the BMD-3 the BMD-2 its finished, just waiting for textures by Skaven, itll also be in the realism pack...and its meant to have that big dent in the back smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting.  I didn't realize that they took out a big chunk of the rear.  Is that the engine compartment there in the middle of the rear section?  

Do you know where the passengers sit in the rear or do they mostly just ride on the roof of the vehicle like in Chechnya (I assume out of fear of land mines)?

<span id='postcolor'>

The engine is in the rear and the troops sit in the middle.

And no,  its not fear of land mines, it's RPG fear actually, you can have better awarenes if you ride on top of the vehicle and maybe spot that bastard  with that RPG-7 before he can fire...

If we are gonna start about russian armour thats need to be made i think the list goes:

BTR-80

T-90S

T-80U/UD

BMP-3

2s56 or whatever that tank killer was called