Sign in to follow this  
tacticalone

AI Walking thru walls and closed doors

HI

Creating a new mission inside the dome complex near the airport, I put walls so no one can get out of there and I put my self and my squad (AI) inside a dome, the AI walks through the dome walls and also walks through the concrete walls!!.

Any idea why is this happening?

---------- Post added at 18:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Anyone? knwn bug? something?

Edited by tacticalone
typo

It's an "intended feature" to fix poor pathfinding / AI getting stuck. ;)

It works. Problem is that it works too well... ;)

WHAT? You've got to be kidding!!! If we have an enemy cornered, he can just warp through

a wall. That's ridiculous. Noticed there was a "hole" in the back of the Hanger at Molos Airstrip.

I have a FOB setup there and noticed that soldiers would walk past the CO during the Briefing

and zhooop right through the wall breaking the immersion for a sec. Ugh. :crazy:

Edited by Goblin

Not surprised really...BIS has always been the king of the Jerry Rigger's, especially when it had/has anything to do with AI.

I agree that things got to be better calibrated and should be a last resort for the AI. Hell if vehicles can now detect that they've been stuck to long so should the infantry. It should be that only happens if an AI is pretty far away and/or completely outta sight and only after multiple pathfind attempts have taken place.

yea but all that would take up even more cpu cycles which is a really bad thing...and taking into account BIS' track record and their incompetent AI coding skills I'd say just leave it be the way it is before they break even more. In fact at this point they might as well make all vehicles become ghosted if an AI is driving it (im serious).