Vormulac

CO08 Escape Chernarus Ports for Altis and Stratis.

We get the sqf error however

Sent me your servers rpt.

Which mods are running? Looks like you are running some larger mods (Military Traffic? TPW?) that could interfer with the mission.

Also try to set the first parameter to "use below and save".

Edited by NeoArmageddon

I wasn't aware that the military traffic sqf was an addon. The only addons I have are about stance indicators, weapons, etc. No TPW. Will post the RPT in a bit. I can confirm however that if it is a mod issue the same mods are used when hosting locally.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

I wasn't aware that the military traffic sqf was an addon. The only addons I have are about stance indicators, weapons, etc. No TPW. Will post the RPT in a bit. I can confirm however that if it is a mod issue the same mods are used when hosting locally.

http://chernoescape.googlecode.com/svn-history/r2/trunk/Scripts/DRN/MilitaryTraffic/MilitaryTraffic.sqf

https://github.com/Vormulac/co08_Escape.Stratis/blob/master/Scripts/DRN/MilitaryTraffic/MilitaryTraffic.sqf.bak

These two links show the militarytraffic.sqf being used in escape from.

The number of people contacting me asking to include a script or a fix has increased in the last few month. Unfortunatly I don't have enough time (I just started to work on my master thesis) to look at everyones scripts/fixes, seperate them from already fixed bugs and include them in the missions development cycle.

This is the reason I created a GitHub repository for the current Escape version. Everyone is invited to fork the repro and contribute updates, fixes and features (assumed I set up the access levels correct. I am quite new with Git).

The repository can be accessed at https://github.com/NeoArmageddon/Escape

The repository on Githab has also a Wiki and a Ticket-tracker. Feel free to post stuff there!

Important note: The actual mission folder is on a subfolder. Don't check the repro out to your mission folder, use a seperate project folder. Then start the "createLink.bat" and copy&paste the path to your missionfolder. A symlink will be created.

I also set up a buildserver for instant access to changes: http://escape.anzp.de

Git-changes will automatically be compiled to a mission-pbo.

Please note: At the moment I will only accept pull-requests with critical fixes or minor changes. Before I can include larger scripts/updates/features I need to compile somekind of styleguide for code and gameplay, so that the mission stays the escape we all like :D

I plan to publish four types of escape:

• Instant-Builds: Will be instantly compiled when something is pushed to the Git-repro.
  • Dev-Builds: Compiled by me. For everyone that doesn't want to bother with untested builds. Biulds are intended for testing new features and fixes with a larger audience.
  • RC-Builds: Compiled by me. Tested and with a large amount of fixes and new features.
  • Final-Builds: Will be released if a RC was tested for some days. Will also be released to Steamworkshop.

Any feedback, critics or suggestions?

This is a great idea. I'm just getting my head around github but should be sorted by the end of the day'ish. :D

I drank a lot of tea yesterday and just about finished my first version of Escape. I'll post it up before the weekend in another thread, maybe even today. More tea needed.

I really like the idea that I can help with the main version, the main vision of Escape, whilst forking off my own ideas- My version has probably shifted the dynamics of the escape you know and love. You can decide soon enough. :o

wMDBOfY.jpg

That's my latest Communications Base.

Edited by RoyWheels
No, you didn't see a jpeg of escape in Jade Groove. Oops :P

I'm all gitted up. That doesn't sound right.

https://github.com/RoyWheels/Escape/tree/Escape-Roy

My version is based on the dev 17 version of the main escape code.

After chatting with Neo, I think the plan will be to port over some ideas from my Escape into the main version rather than releasing my version as a completely separate thing. Merging the two will mean the maps with manually added features (village markers, specific objects/installations etc) can drop back to dynamic game play should the manual features be missing. The best of both worlds. I'll keep my version going for shady ideas/experiments.

Until this happens, have a zip of my experimental alpha, pre-release, early access, all dynamic and a little bit wobbly version of escape :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nwpxdxuzgvozaou/Escape_Roy_v4_11.zip

Is that disclaimer enough? ;)

It should work on these maps, along with a few others that I will not name. I've included pbos for the following. They go in your MPMissions folder.

Altis

Stratis

Chernarus

Takistan

Zargabad

Bystrica

Utes

Fata

clafghan

Podagorsk

N'Ziwasogo

Namalsk

Everon 2014

Thirsk + Thirsk Winter

SFP: Islands

Fallujah

Sahrani

Taviana Island

Tora Bora

Caribou Frontier

Esbekistan

Quesh Kibrul

Spritz Island

Japahto

Nicosia Island

Kellu Island

Isola di Capraia

There's a read me in the zip to fill you in on my additions.

My version is not tested on a dedicated server so I have no idea if it works in that environment. As it's based on the main Escape code it should be ok. I just don't have a server to test it on.

I hope it provides some fun. Some maps work better than others.

Edit: I found all the arma 2 maps work best if you use A3MP along with the RDS Island fixes addon.

Edited by RoyWheels

Long post

Hi Roy, that is awesome progress. However I cannot seem to be able to play your test version. I am getting stuck at "Loading Escape" and the screen is black. Nothing else happens. Tried a Altis and Chernarus, no luck. Any ideas? I had only @A3MP, @CBA and Islands Fixes as mods.

Edit: Could be that some about buildComCenters.sqf is missing?

Edited by chains
removed lots of text from quote

I am getting stuck at "Loading Escape" and the screen is black. Nothing else happens. Tried a Altis and Chernarus, no luck. Any ideas?

Hey Chains, It may be that you are running Arma3 on main branch updates. It loads up fine on my two server machines running Dev branch either 1.25 or 1.27. Note that Neo specified that the latest test release (1.7dev17) of this mission requires Dev branch, and will not work on Main version 1.24. My testing confirmed this to be true.

Yes, you need to be running the dev branch of Arma 3. The time multiplier is only available on the dev branch at the moment.

Here's a new version of Escape Roy with an updated installation creation routine. The depots and bases should now all spawn with a certain distance between them, depending on the map (variable A3E_MinObjDistance in the WorldConfig.sqf file). Previously, the installations would only worry about regions and their own kind- an ammo depot wouldn't be created near another depot but could spawn next to the prison etc. Now you get more even spacing. I've also prettified the map markers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ln17v2rc1qug3l/Escape_Roy_v4_15c.zip

Possibly a bug in the artillery but not one that breaks anything. I need to look into it.

My current favourite maps for Escape are Sahrani and Jade Groove. Just saying.

Not sure if anyone else will get this but it might be worth mentioning- A couple of maps I've tried have somehow changed the difficulty in the game even if you set the escape parameter to easy or cadet. Has anyone come across that?

I'm going to work on a better dynamic village patrol script as the current one is too simplistic and gets a bit confused when you have more than a couple of people playing.

... have a zip of my experimental alpha, pre-release, early access, all dynamic and a little bit wobbly version of escape :

My version is not tested on a dedicated server so I have no idea if it works in that environment. As it's based on the main Escape code it should be ok. I just don't have a server to test it on.

Thanks for these Roy. I have tested the Chernarus version on my dedicated server last week running Dev branch 1.25 and it seemed to work quite well and provided a nice challenge in familiar old terrain. Enemy patrols, and vehicle encounters seemed to work well and we had several failed escapes as usual.

In one of our more successful attempts we got on a roll and took the enemy comms base. Once there we could not find any way of hijacking the communications tower to call our ride. We tried the laptop on the desk, the base of the tower and the top of the tower (up the ladder) and couldn't find where to activate it. Did we miss something? We spent quite a while there searching around and enemy infantry squads kept spawning-in within view about 400m from the base, almost always on the same point which was a bit unrealistic. There was also a couple of Ifrits and troop transports showing up but these were more realistic in such a remote location.

Thanks for sharing your early work on these. Looking forward to playing more on all the different islands.

Good comments Astro. The unrealistic infantry is the village patrol script I'm going to rework.

The hijack object is the satellite phone on the desk. I think the action for the hijack isn't being sent to clients. On a local server, only the player running the server is able to hijack. I'm guessing the objectmapper is to blame. It shouldn't be a problem to fix.

Dam dev branch only?

Why only dev branch?

How do i even use the dev branch never looked into it, but I love escape Altis, i play the 1.6 all the time with a friend or two,

I'd really be interested in checking out your version RoyWheels especially on other maps.

I'm going to look into getting a version of my Escape to work on the stable build. You'll lose the time multiplier for sure (until they include it in the stable build) but I'm not sure what else will be broken.

I'm all gitted up. That doesn't sound right.

https://github.com/RoyWheels/Escape/tree/Escape-Roy

My version is based on the dev 17 version of the main escape code.

After chatting with Neo, I think the plan will be to port over some ideas from my Escape into the main version rather than releasing my version as a completely separate thing. Merging the two will mean the maps with manually added features (village markers, specific objects/installations etc) can drop back to dynamic game play should the manual features be missing. The best of both worlds. I'll keep my version going for shady ideas/experiments.

Until this happens, have a zip of my experimental alpha, pre-release, early access, all dynamic and a little bit wobbly version of escape :

Awesome stuff! Escape from Chernarus was my all time favourite Arma 2 mission and I've been loving Escape Altis and am really pleased to see it is still being worked on. Would love to do some testing with my group so I'll grab your latest dev build and have a go :)

I removed the time multiplier and this version appears to work fine on the stable build. No errors in the rpt file when I just played through a mission. I hope it works for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjlw4qq9m2vp6ww/Escape_Roy_v4_16_stable.zip

I've decided to make a separate thread for Escape Roy as I don't feel comfortable with constantly posting new versions here. It's great that some of my ideas might help with the main Escape branch but I'd rather release my version at its own pace. At the moment, that pace is nearly a daily release. It makes more sense to me to make a thread and update the main post with the latest version rather than ending up with a variety of versions posted amongst the replies here. I hope people understand that and see Escape Roy as complimenting the main branch and not competing with it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181868-COOP-Escape-Roy

Edited by RoyWheels

Ran into a bug where we seemed to have god mode on, is it fixed in your version RoyWheels? Probably related to getting knocked unconcious and being revived and not having the handler removed?

Ran into a bug where we seemed to have god mode on, is it fixed in your version RoyWheels? Probably related to getting knocked unconcious and being revived and not having the handler removed?

Haven't encoutered this bug in quite a while, so I assume it is fixed in 1.7 Dev 17.

P.S. I have build 18 in testing right now.

I am eagerly looking forward to your next release.

I agree version 1.7 Dev 17 has worked very well for some time and seems quite stable. Does Dev 18 include any changes to take advantage of the new firing from vehicles capability? I would like to see more light vehicles with troops in the back - they would pose a significant threat. Also, is there any way to add support for the new helicopters from the Helicopters DLC without making it a requirement?

Heyho,

Added a few new suprises using FFV and the new Helicopters. Also some other stuff aswell. Testing looks good so far.

Heyho,

Added a few new suprises using FFV and the new Helicopters. Also some other stuff aswell. Testing looks good so far.

LEGEND! Can't wait for the next release mate. We finally got the mission to work on all Arma maps. Now we have a good mission to play for months! Absolute love it. No night is like another.

Can't wait for the change notes!

We finally got the mission to work on all Arma maps

Would you mind to send me your configs and mission sqm's? (If your ports are config only and not modified code).

I could incorporate the configs in the next release.

At the moment Dev18 works on Altis and Chernarus (both).

Would you mind to send me your configs and mission sqm's? (If your ports are config only and not modified code).

I could incorporate the configs in the next release.

At the moment Dev18 works on Altis and Chernarus (both).

Hey!

So dev17 is the latest version availabe for download? I haven't been able to find any other links... :)

Oh, one thing I'd like to ask, and that has bene bugging me for months. Can I somehow disable the artillery? It is really annoying when we are in a treeline, and from nowehere, we get instantly gibbed by arty. I know it's to encourage moving, but sometimes we do like to camp a bit and take out the big threats before infiltrating...

Edited by iZver