Sign in to follow this  
mistyronin

[SP Campaign] Silver Dawn

NOTE: This is an alpha version and only includes the first five missions for testing purpose.

Description:

Follow the story of Kristos Andronikos inside the Altis Armed Forces, and the upcoming 2035's summer events.

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file into your Arma 3 root inside "Campaigns" folder ( create a new one if you don't have it ).

Requirements ( the first three missions are addon free ):

Sudden's Russians

Known issues:

- Campaign listed twice in the menu.

- Campaign not listed in the menu in dev branch ( unless you have another campaign )

All constructive ( and polite ) feedback will be welcome in this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD FILE (20/10/13)

Armaholic mirror

Edited by MistyRonin
Edit: updating campaign

Awesome missions :D. But its hard with TPW MODS installed lol :D You should put this on steam workshop.....Definitely one of my favs!

EDIT: Changed previous post

Edited by ru55lee

Awesome missions :D. But its hard with TPW MODS installed lol :D You should put this on steam workshop.....Definitely one of my favs!

I'm glad you like it :) I don't know if Steam Workshop allows to publish campaigns at this moment, I'll try!

BTW I'm working in the next missions, that would probably include the PLA Mod ( I always like to avoid any addon requirement, but I believe actual CSAT armor-uniform is a bit anti-climax )

Edited by MistyRonin

I'm glad you like it :) I don't know if Steam Workshop allows to publish campaigns at this moment, I'll try!

BTW I'm working in the next missions, that would probably include the PLA Mod ( I always like to avoid any addon requirement, but I believe actual CSAT armor-uniform is a bit anti-climax )

Well im game for downloading a addon. I think user mission needing addons is a great idea as I dont do multiplayer editor so its the only way I can try out those sort of mods....and man the second mission is tough. Can't even kill the guys at the beginning without setting the alarm, I think I need a different approach lol

and man the second mission is tough. Can't even kill the guys at the beginning without setting the alarm, I think I need a different approach lol

Remember that the only requirement to pass the missions is to achieve the given tasks, how you do it is your choice.

I've tried to let some realistic freedom to the player ( when I tested it I finished them with different approaches from more stealth to more firepower :) ).

What's your difficulty setting?

Remember that the only requirement to pass the missions is to achieve the given tasks, how you do it is your choice.

I've tried to let some realistic freedom to the player ( when I tested it I finished them with different approaches from more stealth to more firepower :) ).

What's your difficulty setting?

It's on normal I think. I dare not go off the road coz of the mines so all i can do is approach them from the front on the road.

I dare not go off the road coz of the mines so all i can do is approach them from the front on the road.

Maybe I'll have to recheck a bit the difficulty in that mission. My advice for that kind of mission were you have few manpower, is to avoid direct / frontal confrontation ( unless is needed ). And maybe circle around, maybe using some obstacles to avoid mines ( though I've passed it also in Rambo mode, with a few reverts ;) )

Edited by MistyRonin

Maybe I'll have to recheck a bit the difficulty in that mission. My advice for that kind of mission were you have few manpower, is to avoid direct / frontal confrontation ( unless is needed ). And maybe circle around, maybe using some obstacles to avoid mines ( though I've passed it also in Rambo mode, with a few reverts ;) )

Its prob just me lol. Will give it another go though :D

EDIT: Yes it was just me, I thought there was mines on both sides of the road lol :(

Edited by ru55lee

Thanks MistyRonin, we were all desperate for some campaign! it turns out it worked alright, your test was 100% ;D (most of the missions I was left alone, but accomplised them nonetheless, guess I´m a lame leader lol)

@Ru55lee: I´m using TPW_mods and WW_AI_Commands, so I ordered my scouts to wait for my fire and set up the waypoints, so they´ve diverted that roadblock and no alarm was fired... thou the guards around that radio tower base killed both bots, but I managed to take them all out (OK, I´ve played on regular, but spawned a stalker scope and a MP7 for sidearm lol) It was epic!

One of the mission´s briefing hinted for a future Chinese envolvement on that said conflict, are you planing on using Majoris PLA in your campaign? I strongly support the idea! (Bug headed CSAT are boring, we want REAL OPFOR)... you can use Antoine Flemming´s SCOJFC OPFOR troops (russians, sirians, etc) also, just a suggestion! Anxious to see this campaign further developed!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2517174']Thanks MistyRonin' date=' we were all desperate for some campaign! it turns out it worked alright, your test was 100% ;D (most of the missions I was left alone, but accomplised them nonetheless, guess I´m a lame leader lol)

One of the mission´s briefing hinted for a future Chinese envolvement on that said conflict, are you planing on using Majoris PLA in your campaign? I strongly support the idea! [/quote']

I appreciate your feedback :)

You are right, I'm already using Majoris PLA for some of the next missions, it's an awesome mod. And don't worry, I'm not gonna use the vanilla CSAT, I can't stand their Bioshock look ( but they may share some of their equipment with other factions ).

I'll check A.F. SCOJFC, but my idea is to use few addons to prevent people having to download lots of stuff just for my campaign ( and at the same time avoid compatibility issues ).

I hope that in a few days I'll have some more missions of the campaign, so people can test them :)

NOTE: You better hone your leadership skills, cuz as the campaign goes on the main char will be promoted and in charge of more troops ;)

Edited by MistyRonin

You´re right Misty, PLA is enough OPFOR to deal with (and too much addons to dl gonna scare some players off, not everyone is an addon-holic as myself lol)... thou there are some hidden russians in vanilla units, I may have heard of ;)

Gosh, I´ll have to write more letters to digital widows then... or maybe those extra troops may succed better in the battlefield, we´ll see! (in the worst case scenario, I´ll send them back and deal with the menace myself, I´m an one man army [playing on recruit then] and I have MCC on my side [use artillery module without compassion] :cool:)

Cheers!

This sounds great, I will give this a try.

By the way, has MistyRonin just made history by releasing the first ever Arma 3 campaign? :D

;2517174']Thanks MistyRonin' date=' we were all desperate for some campaign! it turns out it worked alright, your test was 100% ;D (most of the missions I was left alone, but accomplised them nonetheless, guess I´m a lame leader lol)

@Ru55lee: I´m using TPW_mods and WW_AI_Commands, so I ordered my scouts to wait for my fire and set up the waypoints, so they´ve diverted that roadblock and no alarm was fired... thou the guards around that radio tower base killed both bots, but I managed to take them all out (OK, I´ve played on regular, but spawned a stalker scope and a MP7 for sidearm lol) It was epic!

One of the mission´s briefing hinted for a future Chinese envolvement on that said conflict, are you planing on using Majoris PLA in your campaign? I strongly support the idea! (Bug headed CSAT are boring, we want REAL OPFOR)... you can use Antoine Flemming´s SCOJFC OPFOR troops (russians, sirians, etc) also, just a suggestion! Anxious to see this campaign further developed!

cheers![/quote']

You spawned in other weapons? How do you do that? :D

Sorry to bump (double posted by me, but it´s a different subject so...) Hey Misty, Sudden had just updated his Russians addon - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148045-Russians and I was wondering If you´re not considering putting Russians in the mix of your campaign (you could use vanilla Russians - the RAVEN PMC - as standard and then offer an opticional version of the campaign replacing them by Sudden´s Russians or SCOJFC units)! It would be awesome and with the "standard" version you could please those without the addons and an optional version to those who enjoy lotsa addons for variety sake ;D

I know it would increase the workload, but that´s deffinitely a standout (besides the fact yours is the first - and usermade - campaign for ArmA3) =)

cheers!

I played all the way through to the third mission.

First mission: Holy cow! That ambush freaked the shit out of me! Never seen such a well coordinated ambush executed by AI units. This ambush alone should grant you a medal! The mission is intense and very fun to play.

Second mission - nice atmosphere, I liked the infiltration process. I do recommend to keep one AI squad hidden somewhere and have it counter attack the AA post after the player takes it and feels safe and comfortable there, as his part of he missions is rather easy.

Third mission - I didn't complete it yet but I enjoyed being thrown into combat like that. At first I was a bit disappointed that it's too dark and I must use the NVG on my first ever visit to that nice castle, but once stuff started to light up and set on fire I could remove them, and enjoy the nice burning night :).

Gentlemen, we have a new mission making talent on the rise!

I didn't encounter any bugs, if this is just an alpha phase then kudos to you misty!

With a bit of voice acting and a touch of music here and there (in addition to the existing track you use) this campaign will be a real gem.

I really look forward to see it evolve and expanded with more missions, thank you!

Edited by Variable

;2521086']Hey Misty' date=' Sudden had just updated his Russians addon and I was wondering If you´re not considering putting Russians in the mix of your campaign! It would be awesome and with the "standard" version you could please those without the addons and an optional version to those who enjoy lotsa addons for variety sake ;D[/quote']

To tell you the truth, though I said don't like to add too many addons to avoid techincal problems and scaring people, after testing a bit Sudden's russian units... Mmm... I found myself thinking how could I add them in the campaign ( they are really good, and the weapons are outstanding ). I guess I'll have to change a bit my initial plans... After all two addons wouldn't be that much :p

BTW the next update will come a bit later than expected, because I'm waiting for the Majoris PLA update, and it has been delayed a bit.

I didn't encounter any bugs, if this is just an alpha phase then kudos to you misty!

With a bit of voice acting and a touch of music here and there (in addition to the existing track you use) this campaign will be a real gem.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm still learning how to take full advantage of the A3 editor :)

About the voice acting, I have a few ideas in mind. If I can't get voice actors, I'll try to add some kind of computer generated voices. But first I'll focus on the scripting part.

To tell you the truth, though I said don't like to add too many addons to avoid techincal problems and scaring people, after testing a bit Sudden's russian units... Mmm... I found myself thinking how could I add them in the campaign ( they are really good, and the weapons are outstanding ). I guess I'll have to change a bit my initial plans... After all two addons wouldn't be that much :p

Agreed! In the briefings you mention Russia´s concern on the Altis crysis (as well as China´s rough response to Altian army actions), and as both are UN security concil members, they could use UN prerrogative to intervene (just as some well known great nation has done in the last decades ;P )... and so you´ve already justified their presence! tadaaaa =D

BTW the next update will come a bit later than expected, because I'm waiting for the Majoris PLA update, and it has been delayed a bit.

Yeah, I´ve already minded that, null sweat, I´m also waiting for Majoris update, and as he´s moving on to UK, this might take a week or two... releasing something now would probably risking errors with class changes and stuff, just take your time, I know it will be mindblowing and I can pleasantly wait for this ;D

Thank you very much for your kind words. I'm still learning how to take full advantage of the A3 editor :)

About the voice acting, I have a few ideas in mind. If I can't get voice actors, I'll try to add some kind of computer generated voices. But first I'll focus on the scripting part.

GLADOS will be featured in your campaign? Lovely lol

To my personal opinion it's better off without anything if all you can get is computer generated voices. I played a few campaings with these voices, and it's really lifeless. Better let the player imagine the tone and "music" of the words than have it dicated by a computer, it's just sounds bad...

There are plenty of voice actors in the community, just need to find them. Here, let me help with the BI forums voice acting group:

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=96

I am also willing to do some voice acting for, I can speak English with a Hebrew accent (mediterranean kinda accent). I did some for Zipper5 for his Blood on the Sand campaign, but at the end voice acting didn't make it into that campaign.

There are plenty of voice actors in the community, just need to find them. Here, let me help with the BI forums voice acting group:

http://forums.bistudio.com/group.php?groupid=96

I am also willing to do some voice acting for, I can speak English with a Hebrew accent (mediterranean kinda accent). I did some for Zipper5 for his Blood on the Sand campaign, but at the end voice acting didn't make it into that campaign.

I'll have that in mind. For me that would be the best option, if I can manage to gather enough volunteers as voice actors.

On the other hand, due to the important delay of Majoris PLA, I've been experimenting with some kind of "CSAT fix" that make their soldiers look less alien with the equipment we have in vanilla. At this point I'm quite happy with one of the solutions found, so I guess that I'll use it for the moment.

I've also been revising the ORBAT to make the campaign more realistic. And probably I'll have at least 3 new missions by the end of this week ( I think that for testing purposes I'll add missions bit by bit, instead of waiting until for the whole pack ).

Niiice, my weekend will be a blast then (hope my girlfriend doesn´t read it... in fact, she doesn´t speaks or reads english, why should I worry? lol)

Probably Majoris is struggling to have internet at his new home (moving on is always a headache to restore all your previous services - net/cable/phone) so we´ll have to wait a lil more... but you could insert the russians first (and then PLA after on your campaign), thou I trust you´ll make a proprer addition with your CSAT fix! ;D

;2530013']Niiice' date=' my weekend will be a blast then (hope my girlfriend doesn´t read it... in fact, she doesn´t speaks or reads english, why should I worry? lol)[/quote']

I must apologize for the delay. The truth is that I had the three missions on friday, but I was not happy on how they were played. So I have been working on them this weekend ( one has been started from scratch, the other erased completly, and the last has been tweaked ).

I'm still not completly happy with them, but I will upload two of them during the day so you coan give me some feedback on how to improve them.

---------- Post added at 16:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:06 ----------

Update (Alpha 0.2):

- Adding two new missions

- Changes in ORBAT ( basically seen in the briefings )

DOWNLOAD FILE

YAY! I´ll test right now! post a feedback asap ;D

BTW, should I play from the beginning or continue with the 2 new missions? (I mean: have you tweaked anything on the previous misions?) - Nwm, as we had 2 updates in arma since your first release, the saves had been erased.. I´ll play it from the start... I´m using ASR_Ai this time, let´s see how the AI will behave! (I can play it with Zeus, just to compare... thou in the meantime, since I´ve played your campaign, I´ve discovered that WW_AIcover messed with Zeus, and now it is working better - had to put Zeus on a separate folder and ordered to load last in the launch paramenters so ir could overwrite all AI mods) =)

[Edit] had to play the whole campaign again, but it was quite nice as now it was a lot more immersive: using TWP mods (except for AI_LOS that makes the bots robocop quick) the ambience was perfect (civilians fleeing the shootout, honking in the rods, chickens and dogsrunning amongst us, greek radio, etc) and with ASR_AI working right, the Green army kept the upper hand (first mission), so I didn´t have to go rambo and take the city by myself... instead, I´ve played my part, advanced along my squadron and it was a blast!

At the second mission, I´ve changed my loadout to a HK 417 with Nightstalker optics and AN/PEQ-18 and a MP7 as sidearm, couldn´t resist, but it was quite as the default loadout anyway - I´ve kept the Ai team away from the checkpoint, and so we weren´t spotted till the raid on the AA site... my team was alive and again the Green armed owned the FIA insurgents, it all played quite realistically!

Third mission went as scheduled, we´ve stormed the castle, my team helped me own those insurgents and it all played by the book, smooth sailing (and now I feel like a true leader, thou the command on 1st and 3rd mission transfered to another Ai, don´t know if it was a bug or intended, as it happened after a checkpoint save as the task that required my leading were furfilled)

I´m now playing the new missions! The forth mission was again mindblowing! I was really surprised by the plot twist (not going to spoil and say it here lol) and loved the way this rescue mission worked out... intense CQC, lotsa mines (had equipped the mine detector or else I would be blown to pieces) and I guess the fifth mission will feature the RUSSIANS!

Post the feedback later, but as far as the campaign is going, it is just getting better and better, Misty, you´re my hero (a pity nobody else released a Campaign just like you did, maybe they´re waiting for the official or some tools to help with =/)

OK, just finished fifth mission, which I kinda waited a little more development (after killing the last CSAT, we could be summoned at the HQ, and a high brass could tell us the bad news: CSAT is coming hard at Lemnos), and I was expecting russian spetnaz alongside the CSAT recon units... thou you have used only the terrorist units from Sudden´s addon... but I trust your judgement and I´m waiting for more chapters of this war novel to unravel ;D

cheers

I can also help you with the voice acting, I can do British, American, Russian accents (I actually speak Russian as well.). Contact me via email rytuklis@gmail.com or skype : rliaucys.