-Gews-

Body armor

Yeah, nobody mentioned the medic in Iraq. But whilst on the subject, it should be noted that that guy was wearing older generation trauma plates than are issued now (lacking both the added ballistic protection and the material used to lessen the impact), unless you're ANA.

Yes, of course companies can lie, but it doesn't really make a difference if they do, since e.g. the U.S. military tries it out themselves, seeing as how it's very expensive to both buy armour, and pay up when someone dies because of faulty equipment.

No one here has quoted anything said by any companies, but rather actual recorded cases of how well body armour works in Afghanistan.

If it truly is that ineffective, I really think an explanation is in place for why there's an instance quoted in this thread about a soldier in Afghanistan surviving not only his helmet being shot off his head, but no less than 5 7.62 rounds being stopped by his vest, at a distance of less than 10 meters.

Also, that forum subsection you linked to is about police body armour. Police and military body armour are two different worlds.

So, what did you say about misconceptions?

30 year old armour effectiveness reports against Ak-47s do not count much in ArmA III world. in the ArmA II worls youre up against heaviy caliber rifles with tungsten core against a body armour that still alows you to sprint for long time so it wont be in the 40kg lvl 5 class.

This just shows me that I was always right to complain about the lack of penetration and range of the G36 when I was taken away the trusty G3 back in 1996. Luck for us that most are just stored and where not scrapped because it took only until 2005 till it got reintroduced.

Edited by Beagle

Nothing of that makes sense.

The quoted example of body armour took place 6 years ago. Level 5 body armour weighs nowhere near 40kg. Way to make your case...

Nothing of that makes sense.

The quoted example of body armour took place 6 years ago. Level 5 body armour weighs nowhere near 40kg. Way to make your case...

Nothings makes sense because ArmA III ist set in 2035.

So, future = no logic applies?

I want to have jet packs with gyro stabilized 40mm Miniguns then.