Sign in to follow this  
Paratrooper

Military sorts:your units.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Badgerboy,

Do you know of a good place online that shows or explains the rank structure of the Royal Air Force? I've mentioned before that we have a RAF officer stationed out here, and he's a LCDR. Is that an O4 like us (U.S. Navy).

<span id='postcolor'>

Lt Cdr is a Navy rank. Its equivelent in the RAF is Sqn Ldr.

This link has a list, plus the NATO equivelent.

Do you know what Sqn he's based at in the UK?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Oct. 30 2002,01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Badgerboy,

Do you know of a good place online that shows or explains the rank structure of the Royal Air Force?  I've mentioned before that we have a RAF officer stationed out here, and he's a LCDR.  Is that an O4 like us (U.S. Navy).

<span id='postcolor'>

Lt Cdr is a Navy rank. Its equivelent in the RAF is Sqn Ldr.

This link has a list, plus the NATO equivelent.

Do you know what Sqn he's based at in the UK?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure what squadron he was based at. I'll ask him next time I'm downstairs. This is a two or three year billet for the Brit that is stationed here, so I think this is his squadron now. I don't think he's forward deployed or anything. He wears our patches and everything. I was also mistaken, it is a Royal Navy officer billet.

"Not likely!

If I remember correctly, Denoirs spot in the reserves is with Intelliegence, so if you try and confiscate anything, espicially his beloved cancer sticks(cigarettes), he'll know in adavance"

Hmm!! I don't know really! You must remember that swedish intelligence spent over 10 years in the firm belief that the seals(or was it shoals of fish) in the waters of the swedish cost were russian subs. wink.gif

Besides, if i cant confiscate his beer i'll have to buy my own, and that's hard to afford on the kind of salary you recieve as a conscript in the swedish military! confused.gif

No more of this now. this is a good thread and we don't want it closed down.....

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eatmyshorts @ Oct. 30 2002,05wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In a the situation of war my job would be to chase down saboteurs and to confiscate Denoirs beer! wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No you wouldn't. The Militärpolisen does not have jurisdiction over MUST. We have our own guys to confiscate our beer smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Not likely!

If I remember correctly, Denoirs spot in the reserves is with Intelliegence, so if you try and confiscate anything, espicially his beloved cancer sticks(cigarettes), he'll know in adavance"

Hmm!! I don't know really! You must remember that swedish intelligence spent over 10 years in the firm belief that the seals(or was it shoals of fish) in the waters of the swedish cost were russian subs.  

<span id='postcolor'>

That's because we are busy looking for people who try to conficate our beer wink.gif

1./ Sanitätsregiment 5 in Rennerod

ResLazGrp Ausb 7406 in Montabaur

1./ FüUstgRgt in Mainz

That link leads to my first unit. The pics have been taken one month, before I came to this garrison:

SanReg Rennerod

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Air Training Corps<span id='postcolor'>

What exactly do you do?

As for me: The Lincoln and Welland Regiment. Commonwealth units all have names, as opposed to the Americans which are all numbered.

My unit did have a website, but it has been down a while due to some virus.

About my Reserve unit:

Date of activation - 1794

Motto - "Non Nobis Sed Patriae" (Not for ourselves but for our country)

Official Battle Honours - 26, which include:

First World War:

YPRES, 1915, '17

Festubert, 1915

SOMME, 1916

ARRAS, 1917, '18

Hill 70

AMIENS

Hindenburg Line

Pursuit to Mons

Second World War

FALAISE

Falaise Road

THE LAISON

Chambois

The Seine, 1944

MOERBRUGGE

THE SCHELDT

Breskens Pocket

THE LOWER MAAS

KAPELSCHE VEER

THE RHINELAND

THE HOCHENWALD

Veen

TWENTE CANAL

Friesoythe

Kusten Canal

Bad Zwischenahn

NORTH-WEST EUROPE, 1944-1945

Members from our unit have also taken part in just about every peacekeeping operation that Canada has been involved in.

Our Unit emblem.

Tyler

This is where I started:

http://www.gebirgsjaeger232.de/

I am still proud I did my first military steps there.

then after some UN missions in Africa and Yugoslavia

I was asked to join these guys:

http://www.gsx550.de/ksk/index.htm

I am still there for trainings but have left them for my

current job that is payed by these guys:

http://www.un.org/

I am working international now  biggrin.gif

EDIT : And I am still proud of that pic over there <-EDIT

Well, in four weeks time, I will be reporting to Parris Island, South Carolina for United States Marine Corps Recruit Training. Semper Fi.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I will be reporting to Parris Island, South Carolina for United States Marine Corps Recruit Training.<span id='postcolor'>

Sucks to be you. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (strider67 @ Nov. 13 2002,02:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, in four weeks time, I will be reporting to Parris Island, South Carolina for United States Marine Corps Recruit Training. Semper Fi.<span id='postcolor'>

Good lad. What MOS?

Semper Fi