Sign in to follow this  
Alek10

CTI with planes and helicopters?

Hey. I know this have been asked before, but will there be CTI by BIS in Arma3 and if there is. Will the AI's be able to buy and use choppers and planes?

I played it alot in Arma2 and it was boring that I was the only one flying around.

It would be really cool if they can :)

There will be no official Warfare mission by BIS for Arma3 at release. They have not responded about this so it is not clear if they plan on releasing that content at a later date (post release) or not.

It's already out...Benny Edition CTI does everything you mentioned as well as Blues Teetimes CTI.

The OP was asking about vanilla Warfare that was expected to be included in the game and made by BIS themselves.

You are referring to a 3rd party mission, which has NOT been publicly released by Benny as of yet (you can only join his server to try it out but it is not supposed to be freely available yet). I love Benny...have lots of respect for his coding ability and sticktuitive-ness but his version of Warfare quite honestly is waay too bloated and overly complicated (the Arma2 version).

Teetimes mission is Player -vs- Player only from what I understand and is not what the OP has in mind since he was asking about a coop version to play against the AI.

Edited by BigShot

If you're really wanting/waiting for BIS to release a CTI mission you'll be waiting for a while. Seek 3rd party missions.

Not sure about BIS version of CTI/Warfare mission but if you are commander you should have option to assing orders to AI squads where one of the orders is about units it should use to carry out mission you give them. You might however need Command center for that action to unlock.

Example

Squad 3

Formation Vedge

Alert red

Mechanized AA squad

Guard area (click on map)

Ah, yes... I mean that what I said was directed to Bennys edition in ARMA 1/2, that is why I wrote not beign sure about BIS version. I must have forgot to write that I described BE. This function was however even in the old community made MFCTI 1.6 back at Operation Flashpoint Resistance.