Sign in to follow this  
dezkit

Buzzard turning slightly right on take off

Seriously, get rid of that 640 by 480...

I posted two pictures, one at 1024x640, one at 2560x1600. Your failure to recognize such, along with your veiled (and not-so-veiled) insults, makes it clear that you are not engaging in this discussion with any sincerity. Ignored. Feel free to extend me the same courtesy.

BIS, please fix the one fighter jet you are giving us on release. Its odd ground-handling behavior and terrible-to-useless HUD are seriously disappointing.

Good lord, the HUD is a mess, too.

My main issue with the HUD is there is no flight path marker, why would they leave that out?

My main issue with the HUD is there is no flight path marker, why would they leave that out?

because bohemia interactiveâ„¢

The TVV and the flight path ladder are both skewed upwards enough that, when in level flight, the TVV and horizon rung are out of view. The HUD targeting reticles and the Arma cross-hairs are also far out of alignment.

Also, some penalty for pulling high G's would be nice. If pilots in the Armaverse are not subject to the laws of gravity, why do they need aircraft?

Edited by Harzach

Problem with the HUD also is it's dependent on the available light either from the sun or moon, I've made some changes to it in the config to make it brighter but the model surface needs to change so the text stands out at night with no help from moon light etc.

BTW I think BIS need someone to specifically work on setting up vehicle configs, a lot of aircraft and vehicles views are terrible.

I'm currently using this in a custom Buzzard config

class ViewPilotBase
	{
		initAngleX=6; minAngleX=-80; maxAngleX=+80;
		initAngleY=6; minAngleY=-160; maxAngleY=+160;
		initFov=0.55; minFov=0.40; maxFov=0.60;
	};

class ViewPilot: ViewPilotBase {}

extCameraPosition[] = {0, 2.25, -16};

Edited by AUS_Twisted

I was kinda hoping we would get a hud that follows your view like in the helicopters, so much easier to see than the tiny one. I guess they still have to get it to work properly first.

I was kinda hoping we would get a hud that follows your view like in the helicopters, so much easier to see than the tiny one. I guess they still have to get it to work properly first.

Well the F-35 has that in Arma 2 but so far in arma 3 they've gone back in time with the jet, not into the future like with everything else.