Sign in to follow this  
CyDoNgr

All content released?

Well to be honest I am dissapointed. The vehicles are too few, limiting MP capabilities especially in PvP. All vehicles are OP, even the "jeeps" are heavilly armored.

Most of the vehicles are totally the same. tanks are the same on both sides, AA, Artillery too.

AAF has very limited choice of vehicles. I know that BIS will release for sure Airplanes, since there is only one present in the game. But what about variants of vehicles. For instance ATGM "Marshall" and Marid... APCs are again OP.

Where are some old fashioned weapons? Maybe a G3A3 or an M16. All sides have the same Guided Launchers etc.

I just think things are too few... These are my thoughts.

I hope more will be released in the future...

I think the game needs some softer Wheeled vehicles and ICVs

Seeing it's meant to be in the future, I don't think we'll see the G3A3 or M16 from BIS, but I'm sure they'll get modded in. There will definitely be a NATO fixed wing coming. As for vehicle variety, well, yeah, they do sort of look the same (save for the camo), but I can live with that. We've still got a few "soft wheel" civ vehicles coming (SUV, police car, etc). What I really hoped for, however, was the inclusion of a wider variety of civilians (females, elderly, children), clothing, and furnishings, at least for immersion's sake. Having the empty houses and all-male populous makes Altis seem like something out of The Twilight Zone.

Well obviously it will be better if we had more stuff ( ships, planes, tractor, etc. ), but right now I thing it's a beginning.

In fact right now much of the armies world wide, are buying more light mraps than jeeps.

Though in my opinion they should add more versions of the vehicles for example a Ghost hawk medevac, a hatchback police car ( they should add the lights of the police motorboat ), hatchback taxi, a civilian with suit to represent vip. Police officers, marshall hq, marshall ambulance, etc.

It would make sense that they'd add police officers as we're getting a police car (according to the countdown to launch page, unless it's been removed! LOL). Definitely need some sharp-dressed civs, maybe some construction worker types for all of the construction/repair work obviously underway in Altis, medical personal for the hospital (doctors, nurses, EMTS). Like I said before, I'm sure much of that will be modded in, and I can't sit here and pick apart BIS for not including THE WORLD in an already hugely ambitious game, but I will not relent on my demands for female civilians! LOL. It's just...it's damned spooky without 'em!!

s

what makes you think that BIS will suddenly add all these things you think there are missing?

These threads are pretty much pointless..

@horrowview

There is a very limited selection of military gear and hardware in a military game and you are complaining about the lack of sofas and nurses? Oh well each to his own I guess :)

Edited by fujix

Most of the vehicles are totally the same. tanks are the same on both sides, AA, Artillery too.

Yeah, tanks are different but AA and Artillery are much to similar for my taste. Even small details (vents etc) are "copy pasted".

Yeah, tanks are different but AA and Artillery are much to similar for my taste. Even small details (vents etc) are "copy pasted".

Tbh most of Arma 3 content is copy pasted. We got the same ammo types, same weapon systems, same sounds on basically everything.

Imagine how everything would be if they hadnt went with the current direction that according to the devs is "quality over quantity".... :rolleyes:

What makes the "no cockpit view" case for them worst. Even worst when you see HQ interiors for everything else.

@horrowview

There is a very limited selection of military gear and hardware in a military game and you are complaining about the lack of sofas and nurses? Oh well each to his own I guess :)

I like comfort and I like women. What can I say? :cool:

In all seriousness, I play single player almost exclusively, and I enjoy smaller infantry-based battles, so there's more than enough variety for me in that regard. I can totally see why others who are drawn to multiplayer/vehicle-centric battles would be disappointed, however. The reason I'm bummed about the lack of furnishings and civilian variety (especially females) is that I really like immersion in the single-player missions I create for myself, which usually involve a small squad defending/attacking a village/town, with maybe a few supports (CAS, the odd Hunter HMG), and a crapload of civilians running around amid the chaos. Using TPWs civ mod, I've got places like Kavala teeming with civs and vehicles, and it really lends the game a heightened sense of realism I've yet to encounter in any game before it. Altis becomes a living, breathing world, and

I can only imagine how much more realistic it would be had we buildings that weren't just empty shells and civs of all genders, races, and ages.

swazi, don't cross post buddy, it is against the rules, read "forum rules" top of this page.

Well to be honest I am dissapointed. The vehicles are too few, limiting MP capabilities especially in PvP. All vehicles are OP, even the "jeeps" are heavilly armored.

AAF has very limited choice of vehicles. I know that BIS will release for sure Airplanes, since there is only one present in the game. But what about variants of vehicles. For instance ATGM "Marshall" and Marid... APCs are again OP.

Where are some old fashioned weapons? Maybe a G3A3 or an M16. All sides have the same Guided Launchers etc.

I just think things are too few... These are my thoughts.

I hope more will be released in the future...

I think the game needs some softer Wheeled vehicles and ICVs

The mission maker decides mission balance through scripts, mods and what happens in the mission. If you want a "balanced" game there are already plenty on the market.

No. Go strap a 200-rounds automatic GL on a shovel. And then shove it...

Guy produced a legit complaint, You see many others bitching on it and it should be bitched on. It's a great case of both lazy and simply bad design.

It's ArmA1 all over again.

Fuck :/