Sign in to follow this  
Beerkan

CheeseBurger Hill: A COOP/MP/Single Player Mission on Altis.

SITREP: A COOP/MP/Single Player Mission on Altis.

Welcome to Hell Soldier. Welcome to CheeseBurger Hill.

2013_09_01_00002.jpg

Get your team back to the base A.SAP Soldier!! We're under attack and have evacuated all VIP personnel. You're job is to defend Sectors A & B of your base. We need you to prevent it from falling into Enemy hands. At ALL COSTS! (Sectors will change colour when won or lost). Lose them both, and you and your team lose.

In this mission you defend the North and South sectors of your Military Base from wave upon wave of progressively harder and harder AI troops, armoured vehicles and eventually Helo's.

This mission will auto fast forward to different times of the day after each wave you successfully defeat. Expect to play through daylight, dusk, full night time, dawn, and mid morning. This allows you to experience the full spectrum of daytime and night time mission gameplay and see how well the ArmA3 engine renders these.

Expect to encounter full on AI assaults and armoured vehicles during daylight hours, with snipers, spotters and even single covert Spec Op attacks at night.

2013_09_03_00003.jpg

To help you, you will be able to call in Mortar strikes and CAS misson support after surviving certain enemy waves. Remember to use these when things get tough.

You complete the mission when you survive all through the night until the last 7th wave around mid-day. Then call in for helo evac and get your troops out of there.

Cheeseburger Hill uses the latest version of VAS Ammo boxes to help you personalise your loadouts to create an intensive, aggressive and ultimately immersive multi-player experience.

Please leave any comments and suggestions for improvements and if I can, I'll see what I can do.

I hope you enjoy it.

Further details:-

Armaholic CheeseBurger Hil on Armaholic.com (Not latest version)

Steam :- CheeseBurger Hill

Direct link to .pbo (as requested by server admins) :- CheeseBurger_Hill.Altis.pbo

Beerkan.

Edited by Beerkan

So not lamb chop hill? Goats everywhere.

Will update this post with criticism when I've had a short try at it.

Edited by Kilroy the Nerd

Updated for latest Dev build. Now includes latest armoured vehicles. Expect a much more competitive experience.

Also fixed many minor issues.

---------

As requested by a couple of server admins via pm, there's a direct link to the .pbo included in the first post.

Edited by Beerkan

Many changes made to increase performance, and also for the full game release. Should now work fully on development branch and Public release of full game.

Hey, tried this one as SP and I like it a lot!

It is great fun shooting from the tower and trying out different weapons but I have yet to beat it... Having some savegames would surely help. ;)

Thanks.

It was really meant as a CO-OP experince rather than SP. But I playtested it on my own to the end several times.

You should be using VAS to help you out. i.e. create a number for loadouts particular situations. i.e. AT Sniper Grenade launcher etc..

I've had a couple of comments on playing SP being hard. I suppose I could make it easier if I gave your AI team makes better loadouts. And adding a save game feature is not a problem.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

It was really meant as a CO-OP experince rather than SP. But I playtested it on my own to the end several times.

You should be using VAS to help you out. i.e. create a number for loadouts particular situations. i.e. AT Sniper Grenade launcher etc..

I've had a couple of comments on playing SP being hard. I suppose I could make it easier if I gave your AI team makes better loadouts. And adding a save game feature is not a problem.

Let me know what you think.

Played in coop - the ai attacking are as per usual too accurate, shit they even shoot thru the building walls. Once they get to the base and you respawn you are dead again. Mission idea itself is good.

Played in coop - the ai attacking are as per usual too accurate, shit they even shoot thru the building walls. Once they get to the base and you respawn you are dead again. Mission idea itself is good.
The AI accuracy is based on settings posted by (the legendary) Eggbeast

_object setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.2];
	_object setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.2];
	_object setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.2];
	_object setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.2];
	_object setSkill ["spottime", 0.4];
	_object setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.6];
	_object setSkill ["commanding", 0.6];
	_object setSkill ["general", 0.7];

Which based on his settings is skill of medium. See this Post AI-Skill-Settings

I can drop it to fair skill

_object setSkill ["aimingspeed", 0.15];
	_object setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.15];
	_object setSkill ["aimingaccuracy", 0.1];
	_object setSkill ["aimingshake", 0.1];
	_object setSkill ["spottime", 0.3];
	_object setSkill ["spotdistance", 0.5];
	_object setSkill ["commanding", 0.5];
	_object setSkill ["general", 0.6];

Mission now updated.

Direct link CheeseBurger_Hill.Altis.pbo

Changelog.

Added a few more burning vehicles for ambience.

A.I. skills a bit easier to play against.

Latest VAS.

If playing on a less powerful PC/Server, set the view settings to 800 and no terrain to get max FPS.

Hey, i tested your mission on our server. Strange thing: server was on 50fps, my grafic card were only @ 40% load but i only had 20fps. Could you give me a tipp here? i was alone on the dedicated server.

The vehicles drive in the base and are an easy target. this is kamikaze style. they also should come from more far away and support the infantrie from the back. when next "level" start, they spawn only 600m far away. no time to prepare. With VAS you have too powerfull weapons.

Burning vehicles are okay for some time but not the hole time (unless grafics of this bullshit flames change). The base is very tiny, enemy vehicles get stuck.

Perhaps you build in headless client.