Sign in to follow this  
Aebian

Multiplayer mission spawns unplaced helicopter

Hi,

i created a sniper mission. A Ghosthawk sends up my friend (sniper) and me (spotter) to LZ Alpha.

Okay all works fine, all the triggers and so one.

But there spawn randomly choppers that i did not placed! And the crash into us, into my backup and hinder us -.-

So the mostly spawned helikopter is a MI-48 marked as enemy and on the map marked as Blufor chopper...

We did not spawn any choppers except the Ghosthawk and the unmaned parked MI-48 at the targeting area.

Grettings

How can we find out what caused this with no mission file? And welcome to the joys of mission creation!

We did not spawn any choppers except the Ghosthawk and the unmaned parked MI-48 at the targeting area.
Are you sure it's an empty yellow MI-48?

If it's a mission for two people and you're spawning vehicles via trigger that's what's causing the collision. A trigger on the map will execute for all clients connected so YOU spawn one helicopter via the trigger and your friend spawns another, in the same spot, and BOOM.

Limit things spawning to only the server and you'll be fine. Quick and dirty is to add && isServer to the condition, but it's best to learn how to spawn things properly. :) Stop over on the Editing forums and read a bit.

Mate, please do what Kylania has suggested. :) And if you have any editing questions please search for the answer in the editing forum otherwise start a new thread in the editing forum.

Mate, please do what Kylania has suggested. :) And if you have any editing questions please search for the answer in the editing forum otherwise start a new thread in the editing forum.

I will but i have not spawn any vehicle via trigger! So long...

i have not spawn any vehicle via trigger!

Probably shouldn't have named your thread "spawning a vehicle through a trigger" then. :)

What vehicles are due north and due south in your example video, you never drag over to show what those lines are for? Maybe if you uploaded your mission somewhere we could take a better look.

Probably shouldn't have named your thread "spawning a vehicle through a trigger" then. :)

What vehicles are due north and due south in your example video, you never drag over to show what those lines are for? Maybe if you uploaded your mission somewhere we could take a better look.

Thread moved and renamed. Please use descriptive thread titles! Thank you :)

You, kylania, are a genius!

Why not post your mission, i'm sure you will get a solution much faster than with this ping pong posting.

You have a second Ghosthawk in 044056 keypad 3 that's circling your starting base. Are you maybe colliding with that as it flies by?

I'm not seeing any other helicopters and didn't have any explosions playing quickly through the mission.

I'm colliding not with it.

The chopper fly to LZ Alpha & we can move to the targets.

But sometimes a randomly created chopper (not the Base UH-80) comes but i dod not placed it ^^