Sign in to follow this  
MarcusJClifford

Can you help me identify this mission

Hi, hopefully someone can help me identify a multiplayer mission I wasplaying last night.

It based around Saint Pierre on Malden, West vs East.

The objectives were to hold the town (a flag) and also destroy the opposing teams "Communication Stations" which were buildings on hills on each side of Saint Pierre.

West had a UH60-MG and East had a Machine Gun mounted on a Ural.

When you were near your communication station you had the option to look at a real time "Satellite Recon" picture of the town, and also have a "Helmet Cam" view of players on your team.

The Special effects on this misson were briliant - especially fires - they looked like the box shots.

Also Saint Pierre had more buildings added including a semi-open church on the West side.

If you know what this mission was called (and where I could get it) please let me know.

The admin while we were playing the game was called Raptor.

Do you know where this mission is downloaded from, and does it require any addons?

That mission is made by Suchey from www.mtco.com/games

you can play it online there daily, also you can find it somewhere in your OFP folders since you have already seen it. Do a file search for it.

Good luck.

I chucked it up on the Gameplanet server last night, we had a bash at it. Overall, it was well made, scripts worked and were functional.

There is helmet cam, spy satellite deployable MG etc but these things did not help what was essentially a boring mission.

These are great enhancements and would do well on a more interesting objective-based or CTF mission of a larger scale.

Nice work though in any case,

Regards,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It based around Saint Pierre on Malden, West vs East<span id='postcolor'>

hmm - isn't Saint Pierre on Everon (ESE, near the castle),

and didn't you mean Sainte Marie on Malden?

biggrin.gif

~S~ CD

Hi...I made the mission in question here...glad some of ya like it! At any rate...it was my first attempt at building a mission and I think it turned out ok...something I should mention...it needs no add-ons, has user playable trip mines (engineer only)...the sat and cam functions are disabled if your comm bunker is destroyed, and the main objective is to cap and hold the center town...I wanted to try my hand at a mission with limited vehiles that was mostly grunt based as it seemed that at the time I was building it that all that was out there were huge missions with tons of respawning vehicles on both sides that quickly turned into quake matches. At any rate, thanks for the votes of encouragement. The biggest issue with the mission is that when playing it for the first time or so, most folks dont read the short briefing and realize that there are primary and secondary objectives involved or realize that there are special items like the trip mines. However, this is great fun to capitalize on and is its own reward the first time you sit in town and hear the <<clink>> of the wire and then enjoy the explosion that blows him to kingdom come from the trip mine smile.gif Im still working out a couple of kinks but Ill have it available for download at my site below and Ill probably submit it elsewhere as well once its completely finished....but for those of you already playing it... Enjoy!

On a side note, Lt_Damage...I understand you are in search of an alarm function for your server...I happen to have made some mods to the OFP Server Query that do just that as well as allow user selectable alarms for: server not empty, current game end, and server not full...it does require a webserver running PHP...(currently I run it on PHP 4.2.2) Id be happy to send along the source code to you. If your interested you can see a working demo as well as contact me via the website in my sig below.

Would it run on linux-based webservers? Thats our reason for not implementing it. Gameplanet runs non-windows based web servers.

If it would run I'd be very interested, as I like providing new features for OFP gamers on Gameplanet.

your talking to the wrong guy about linux...I run it from UNIX based servers...as long as you have PHP installed and opperating I think you would be OK. I have it running with PHP 4.2.2 so no guarantees with lower versions, at the least you will need PHP4 or above.

Ok no problem, I will ask the web server guy at Gameplanet and we'll look into getting it. www.opflash.co.nz is still a project in the works it'll probably be part of that once it's finished.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Damage @ Aug. 29 2002,10:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok no problem, I will ask the web server guy at Gameplanet and we'll look into getting it. www.opflash.co.nz is still a project in the works it'll probably be part of that once it's finished.<span id='postcolor'>

there still gona finsh it right?

Yeah, it is simply a matter of Egor spending the time on it that's required to get it up. He is usually pretty busy and it's hard to make him see OFP as a priority when he doesn't even play the game himself.

sad.gif