Sign in to follow this  
terox

Missions no longer loading DEV 0.75.108541

Todays DEV patch, as usual, breaks stuff.

Only this time I cant fix it

Type: Public Beta

Branch: Development

Version: 0.75.108541

None of our custom missions load on the server. (It simply kicks the admin back to the mission selection screen)

• There are no rpt errors for the missions (No classname changes etc)
  • -showscripterrors isnt throwing anything up

None of the usual works, e.g

1. Depbo the mission
  2. Open it in the client MP editor
  3. Save it
  4. Preview it
  5. re-open in the Mp editor
  6. Save it as MpMissions
  7. upload to the server and test

I can run a selection of our missions on the client just fine, but as soon as I attempt loading them on the server, it fails

Everything was fine before the patch.

Has anyone found a fix for it, to save me having to wait for tomorrows patch

this may be an issue for default port servers, our No.2 server which is exactly the same apart from having different ports does not have this issue

this may be an issue for default port servers, our No.2 server which is exactly the same apart from having different ports does not have this issue

hmm i see it even on non-default port server. hosting locally just segfaults.

Hi! i have since yestarday the same problem. I see the list of missions (mostly download and updated from Armaholic) and when select anyone they not load and come back to the missions seleccion list. Could you guys solve this problem? and was it resolved?

Thanks!!!!

Dam it I have the same problem. Missions won't load on our Dedicated server but I can host them just fine. The only mission working is INSURGENT_OCCUPATION. I have not unpacked and re-PBO'ed this mission. DL'd straight from Armaholic.

Today's patch is no help either. If anyone comes up with a fix please do tell. I'll try and wrap my head around this and see if I can find something.

Hi, in my case the only mission that work is GoT Wasteland. I don´t understand why happend this. If i switch to Stable Beta the missions works?

I see the Development branch updates of today but nobody talk about this problem!!!

last night i got our server #2 working by deleting all the missions apart from 1 (which wouldn't work normally when tried) it then worked . it appears that the server will only run the first mission in the MP mission folder(NOT the first mission in the server list).

i then upload another mission and that worked (never got a chance to test more as everyone instantly wanted to play games).

i just went to re-test this before posting but today i can't even get on the server as the game crashes evey time i try to join

Someone tried to switch between versions? i mean between stable beta and development branch? Is easy? or bring conflict? I thought to try changing to Beta Stable in Steam and in my Vilayer Server (they give me this option) and try if the mission loading well.

Hi,

I have the same problem. I found this in logfile:

File description.ext, line 1: '.onLoadName': Missing ';' at the end of line

Unsupported language English in stringtable

String STR_TEXT_BRIEFINGTEXT_COOP not found

File description.ext, line 1: '.onLoadName': Missing ';' at the end of line

There seems to be a problem with the stringtable.xml in the a3\Addons\Language.pbo.

I can not understand why there are not more complaints about this problem. I mean, we are so few that this happens??? (sorry my bad english, i´m from Argentina). I am in doubt whether to put the server to Beta Stable, or not...

Someone tried to switch between versions? i mean between stable beta and development branch? Is easy? or bring conflict? I thought to try changing to Beta Stable in Steam and in my Vilayer Server (they give me this option) and try if the mission loading well.

Just changed a dedicated server i run back to the stable from the Dev, seems to be working fine now.

Currently reverting forward to the beta to see if anything changes.

Edit 1: Reverted to beta, same issue reappeared.

Edit 2: As posted above by 'wheres my rabbit ?' the first mission in the folder appears to load, so either creating a subfolder and switching out missions or renaming the mission you want to play by naming it 'aaa' at the start should allow it to load, however uploading subsequent missions fails to load.

Edited by Scarecrow398

The enablesimulation command has been removed from the DEV version. It no longer gets executed.

Quoted from the DEV branch change log.

"Added: Modules disabled using 'enableSimulation' command are no longer executed"

Edited by xx-LSD-xx

The enablesimulation command has been removed from the DEV version. It no longer gets executed.

Quoted from the DEV branch change log.

"Added: Modules disabled using 'enableSimulation' command are no longer executed"

I don´t understand i mean because this module is disabled, all the missions stop to work? If i go back to stable beta all the missions i have upload to the server will run?

It's still working in the Stable version if you run the DEV version your missions will be broken if they use Modules executing the enableSimulations command.

Just changed a dedicated server i run back to the stable from the Dev, seems to be working fine now.

Currently reverting forward to the beta to see if anything changes.

Edit 1: Reverted to beta, same issue reappeared.

Edit 2: As posted above by 'wheres my rabbit ?' the first mission in the folder appears to load, so either creating a subfolder and switching out missions or renaming the mission you want to play by naming it 'aaa' at the start should allow it to load, however uploading subsequent missions fails to load.

Then if i switch to Beta Stable the missions work well? But in the Development Branch still not work?

I see that most of the servers are in the Beta Stable version, i should put my server in this version too.

For me missions that were saved from about when the workshop opened wont load on the server. Missions that were saved before that patch work fine on my dedicated Dev server. But if I make my own player hosted server any mission will load just fine.

The main ticket for this issue is http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12524

Please get of yer butts and vote for it, its already high priority but needs fixing asap, its causing a hell of a lot of issues for those running DEV and it will get into the stable build unless they fix it

Good thing I haven't invested a whole lota time editing missions for the exact reason that the code will most likely change. Still gets frustrating. Final version will be here in no time.

Everything is working for the time being. Running the stable version. Dev version back to being tolerable?