Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Stealth Takedown, Weapon Resting and more...

Hey spec,

Rog, will switch the controls around. So, weapon rest shift-space, auto cover - shift-ctrl

Could try melee with a mouse button? Shift right click?

When prone with bipod, I think that BIS have a couple of idle anims that cause you to adjust slightly, causing the brief movement. I will take a look.

With regards to resting weapons on the ground. This is essentially the prone position anyway. Are you suggesting you want an even lower aim sway in prone for non bipod weapons?

I'm looking at resting the binocs etc.

This looks excelent, some icons for bipods and resting instead of "hints", and this is perfect.

Moreover, what about a knife attack for the Stealth takedown ? =)

Yes, lower sway in prone for weapons w/o bipod.

Tupolov, I really like what you've done here with the weapon resting/support. I'd second (or third) lower sway for prone though. A weapon with a bipod is pretty damn rock solid, and one without a bipod can still be made fairly stable by resting it on the mag.

Please keep up the great work.

Also Tup, I haven't had a chance yet but are all your pbo's independent? Or do they call up functions from one another?

Edited by SpectreRSG

Also Tup, I haven't had a chance yet but are all your pbo's interdependent? Or do they call up functions from one another?

independent of each other for now.

Tupolov,

Well thought out mod you have here. Thanks for investing in it.

I did not find your response for this question: Can AI do this duck to cover thing if under fire? That would be awesome to use with tpw_ebs and zoolof75 ffis mods.

I wonder if AI will attempt melee if out of ammo for primary and secondary weapons? Or if ordered into stealth behavior and is now at close proximity to enemy?

No the AI won't use the duck to cover or melee unfortunately. Not quick sure how that works to be honest. I'm sure TPW or the other AI guys would know.

When prone with bipod, I think that BIS have a couple of idle anims that cause you to adjust slightly, causing the brief movement. I will take a look.

Your mod is quickly becoming essential when I play A3, mostly for your bipod/supported and sway adjustments. Please continue on this. That said, the idle animations really do seem to cause issues and randomly jerk the reticule around when prone. Hopefully you're able to work around this. Thanks again for sharing this as you develop it.

Hello mate, been really busy with RL... sorry. Will take another look at it soon. Good news, I've got the bayonet stuff working and permission from the animators.

Cheers

Tup

The one thing that strikes me, having just discovered this now, is the fact that "stealth taken-down" enemies react to the blow and sort of stand around for a second before then they pull a Mortal Kombat "this is the part where you're supposed to fall down" and then an overly dramatic rag doll. It could sort of be justified as like having had been stabbed from behind in the heart and having a precious few seconds of consciousness which you waste on being dazed and confused, but since it's a stroke with the rifle butt that's obviously not what's happening. ;-)

In the event that it counts as a stealth takedown, I'd suggest that you forego the animation for the enemy and just go straight to the ragdoll!

It would be nice of for the melee, instead of doing an animation of getting hit, why not just have a straight forward rag doll drop, as if to have just knocked him unconscious. That would be better.

It would be nice of for the melee, instead of doing an animation of getting hit, why not just have a straight forward rag doll drop, as if to have just knocked him unconscious. That would be better.

Imo deadly melee attacks should result in immediate ragdoll death, this would look smoother. If the attack doesn't kill with one hit, ofc. a animation makes sense though.

time the enemies to ragdoll and die in the middle of the animation instead of waiting for it to end.