Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

half the lights on stratis are turned off at night? will altis be the same?

if you havent noticed on stratis at night, half of the island lamps are actually off.... BIS why is this?

will altis be the same then?

why cant we have 100% lamps working.

also while im on the subject... i want my lamp objects back please.

Because ArmA has a problem with overmapping/overlaying lights and they need to fix it.

ahhh that makes sense... i hope this will be fixed soon.

as its like a "wtf" moment when your in a city/town and its half lit... :/

I think the answer might be because the Island is in the middle of a Global conflict and if you read the stuff at the bottom of the screen when you are in game, it mentions the fact that Stratis is now a military Island and most of the civilian population has moved to Altis.

Now whether or not the lights are working 100% on Altis, we will have to wait and see.

Do you mean at not at distance, or even when close? Have you tried increasing "Dynamic Lights"?

Do you mean at not at distance, or even when close? Have you tried increasing "Dynamic Lights"?

Not in the beginning of the night but in the true night, in my case, even with the ultra dynamic light, i have very worse light in agia marina and the road to the airfield.

Light appeared or disapeared all the time in function of the distance where you are.... (light of road or light around the gate only). All the other parts of map have no really problem with the LOD of lighting, only and very easily to see in Agia Marina and road, why ? so many light i think :), how to increase ultra quality to ultra ultra HD quality lol ?^^

i have every setting on ultra (because im cool like that) and even up close lamps/lights are out.

makes me have to put down barrel fires :/

DUE TO THE FACT THAT LAMPS IN THE OBJECT MENU HAS DISAPPEARED ENTIRELY LOL

I think the answer might be because the Island is in the middle of a Global conflict and if you read the stuff at the bottom of the screen when you are in game, it mentions the fact that Stratis is now a military Island and most of the civilian population has moved to Altis.

Now whether or not the lights are working 100% on Altis, we will have to wait and see.

Just to repeat myself, it is called atmosphere, or words to that effect :) Not to mention the destroyed buildings etc.

what destroyed buildings??? haha ive not seen any or im looking in the wrong place.

not to mention its pretty impossible to blow up half of the islands buildings anyway

what destroyed buildings??? haha ive not seen any or im looking in the wrong place.

not to mention its pretty impossible to blow up half of the islands buildings anyway

Couple of examples:

ylua.jpg

and

iyiy.jpg

Judging by the lighthouse in the background, I would say that those are indeed the target practice buldings from Kamino firing range.

None the less, I think you should explore Stratis a littebit more tyl3r99. You'll find all kinds of abandoned/destroyed buldings at Stratis :p

Also, can you show us an screenshot? Just to make sure it isn't a issue on your end.

my games 100% vanilla and as you can see by my specs its not a hardware issue :)

if you go on editor and hover mouse cursor over agia marina you will end up hitting something like ".... lamp (off)" i guess these are the ones that i am on about.

the only graphic issue i have is PIP flickering

[edit] i dont know how to attach photo's as i dont really have a website to share photo's :/ shame you just cant do a attach file like the tracker

[edit] i dont know how to attach photo's as i dont really have a website to share photo's :/ shame you just cant do a attach file like the tracker

use one of the dozens available hosters such as imageshack, imgur, photobucket etc :)

Though I really don't get your problem. The amount of active lights is just about perfect so it's neither too dark nor too bright as it used to be a while back. It looks really nice during night :)

Though it would be nice to have a module to enable/disable all the lights!

thats kamino firing range isnt it?

target practice??? :P

Yep and a VERY BAD example, so here are 3 more (all different locations):

jrwr.jpg

zaa1.jpg

c3r7.jpg

thanks purepassion!! i will get one of these...

use one of the dozens available hosters such as imageshack, imgur, photobucket etc :)

Though I really don't get your problem. The amount of active lights is just about perfect so it's neither too dark nor too bright as it used to be a while back. It looks really nice during night :)

Though it would be nice to have a module to enable/disable all the lights!

ha ha thats better anyway i think this has gone off topic a bit :/

there is no REAL problem i was simply asking will ALTIS have loads of lights out too?

as its a TINY island i would of thought it would have plenty of lamps on the roads and cities/towns.

Maybe more will be added as time goes on whoooo knows

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

taken purepassions advice... got imageshack! i will upload some photo's shortly

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:54 ----------

l9rc.jpg

as you can see the item is meant to be off :/

here are some photos of the question in hand

http://imageshack.us/a/img51/4241/es6s.jpg (149 kB)

http://imageshack.us/a/img827/8675/bpz8.jpg (137 kB)

wj9f.jpg

---------- Post added at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

http://imageshack.us/a/img836/7528/1rvm.jpg (172 kB)

---------- Post added at 22:15 ---------- Previous post was at 22:14 ----------

http://imageshack.us/a/img18/8732/l9rc.jpg (156 kB)

On a side note, for the beta BIS disabled over half of the streetlights in the game. While this might seem silly, the game in its current state just can't handle multiple overlapping lights very well. A few little tweaks could get the lights working again, but it just causes slowdowns and flickering. Also, there are a ton of LOD errors with the streetlamps, you will notice that most of them are missing the light emitting parts. This results in the streetlamps looking totally dark but with a goofy lens flare just hanging there. A few if them shine only in the first LOD. The chemical lights also had this problem.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160384-Streetlamp-chemlight-upgrade-Beta-1