Sign in to follow this  
BlackDeath-CFH

Supressed dragunov?

i was wondering if there was ever a dragunov released with a supressor? i was looking for one but never ran across one, i was wondering it was released on the forums maybe?

a silenced dragonuv is not released yet, i don't even think a normal one is released

damn =/ ...dont know why there isnt one in real life..

is there any supressed sniper rifles for the russians released yet, or any in real life at all?

dont think so... i think the svd dragunov is the russian main sniper rifle

but maybe you can try to sniper with the bizon tounge.gif

There is a russian silenced sniper rifle released a long time ago, was the first new russian weapon I guess...was a new model, I had probems w/ the texture though.

But I cant rememberits name, maybe someone other knows...

there one in the CSLA Pack version 1.1 made by MAA

and I know someone is working on a SVD-sd model....

The SVD Dragunova? Russias main Sniper Rifle?

Hardly! the Svd is about as inaccurate as they come; its accurate to about 2 MOA! thats #%#%#@%^ing horrid! At best, it extends the firing capabilites of the squad; a person welding the rifle would function more like a sharpshooter than a true Sniper. The ancient Mosin/Nagant '98 would function as a better rifle. ug.

Oh well, moving on: the russians, being the clever weapons designers they are, have created a new rifle, which went into service around 1999. The SV-98 (Snaperkya Vintoka, I think) has a free floating barrel(much like the M40a1), a bolt-action handle, and im pretty sure it uses the russian standerd 7.62x54mm match grade bullet. Nasty bullet, that one. Also, I clearly remember seeing a picture of it retrofitted with a silencer. I dont know much about the scope, but im assuming its quite powerful (maybe 6 power or higher with a 40mm obj) and it looks strikingly similar to a match-grade air rifle I had purchased a whiles back.

[Edit] Damn my grammer for all its worth.

Comparing the SVD with the M1891/30 the Dragunov has an effective rate of fire of 20 to 30 rounds per minute, while the Mosin 1891/30 only 5 shots. Accuracy - judged as 100% impacts in a 100mm circle - favors the SVD. Shoot-off with highly skilled marksmen showed the following relative accuracy, measured in millimeters:

Accuracy potential of SVD, model 1963, and Mosin-Nagant model 1891/30, R.

Type of weapon Range in meters

100   200     300    400     500     600

Mosin-Nagant,

mod.1891/30    66.0   132.3  192.3  264.0  352.0  440.0

SVD,

mod. 1963        60.0   118.7  177.5  237.5  307.5  395.0

http://club.guns.ru/eng/dragunov.html

the reason you cant suppress the dragunov is because it's bullet apeed is fast then sound. the PSG-1 has a bullet that travels slower then sound thus being suppessed by what they call a multi-chamber suppress. basicly it keeps all the gases in the barrel so it cant spin and make noise

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Jub-Jub Bird @ Aug. 08 2002,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You want a silent russian sniper weapon then take the VSS Silent Sniper...

Jubs<span id='postcolor'>

where can i get that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 07 2002,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Comparing the SVD with the M1891/30 the Dragunov has an effective rate of fire of 20 to 30 rounds per minute, while the Mosin 1891/30 only 5 shots. Accuracy - judged as 100% impacts in a 100mm circle - favors the SVD. Shoot-off with highly skilled marksmen showed the following relative accuracy, measured in millimeters:

Mosin-Nagant,

SVD,

http://club.guns.ru/eng/dragunov.html<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe...nice stats! Yeah most of the people I've communicated with who have fired the SVD in real life agree that while it's not a true sniper rifle, it is no slacker either. It is deadly out to about 600 meters and is far more accurate then a AK-47 or SKS rifle. But for extremely precise accuracy something like the SV-98 indeed would be preferable.

Personally I wish that U.S. army outfitted all it's squads with something like the SVD rifle or at least a dedicated M16 based marksman system like what the Israelies use in order to give an infantry squad some extra long range firepower where the marksman rifles can be assigned to the best shots in a platoon. Dedicated snipers are of coarse still essential, but they are expensive to train, and non-infantry units (like engineer units) normally do not have any assigned to them, yet may face situations where they need counter-snipers or accurate long range firepower. My old unit really could use something like that as they took away our M60's (replaced them with SAW's) and they left us was one M2 .50 cal and one MK-19 for the whole company. It would be awesome if the U.S. Army purchased SVD rifles converted to .308 (7.62NATO) caliber. That would be good for U.S./Russian relations (and the Russian arms industry) and good for soldiers as well.

Anyhoo... I just wanted to mention that the Russians have also been using extensively one other little known sniper rifle....the SV-99.

http://club.guns.ru/eng/sv99.html

The SV-99 fires a tiny .22LR round, is EXTREMELY quiet when silenced and is perfect for close range sniping where stealth and precision are essential at close ranges. I believe U.S. Special Forces have in the past used the Ruger 10/22 with a silencer although i don't know if they still use it or not. But the little Ruger 10/22 is a fine rifle that is given a lot of respect despite it's tiny bullets. I imagine that the SV-99 is something like it, but bolt-action and purpose designed for sniping as is evident by it's compact silencer.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

but, they didnt have the SV-98 and the VSS in 1985, so if they need a suppresed russian sniper-rifle from 1985, they need a SVD with a supresser...

Sorry couldn t find that SVV anymore.  It wasn t really that good anyway.

But i found this

svn98.jpg

Is that the same as you are talking about here ?

Download link !

Cheers.

Didn t test though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FLYBOY4258 @ Aug. 08 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the reason you cant suppress the dragunov is because it's bullet apeed is fast then sound. the PSG-1 has a bullet that travels slower then sound thus being suppessed by what they call a multi-chamber suppress. basicly it keeps all the gases in the barrel so it cant spin and make noise<span id='postcolor'>

The standard 7.62mm X51 what the PSG-1 fires travels at over twice the speed of sound so it definately is not subsonic. There is 7.62mm X51 subsonic ammo for use with silenced rifles but it has a maximum effective range of about 200m and has a trajectory like rainbow smile.gif . A 0.45 ACP from a De Lisle is a better option still only an effective range of 400m but it beats a 7.62 subsonic. And the De Lisle is one of the quietest silenced weapons, if not the quietest.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cheeky monkey @ Aug. 08 2002,16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FLYBOY4258 @ Aug. 08 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the reason you cant suppress the dragunov is because it's bullet apeed is fast then sound. the PSG-1 has a bullet that travels slower then sound thus being suppessed by what they call a multi-chamber suppress. basicly it keeps all the gases in the barrel so it cant spin and make noise<span id='postcolor'>

The standard 7.62mm X51 what the PSG-1 fires travels at over twice the speed of sound so it definately is not subsonic. There is 7.62mm X51 subsonic ammo for use with silenced rifles but it has a maximum effective range of about 200m and has a trajectory like rainbow smile.gif . A 0.45 ACP from a De Lisle is a better option still only an effective range of 400m but it beats a 7.62 subsonic. And the De Lisle is one of the quietest silenced weapons, if not the quietest.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the VSS Vintorez is THE BEST silenced sniper rifle all over the world. De lisle has only 50 meters effective range when vintorez can kill the enemy on 400 meters. Also De lisle is bolt-action, so you heve to reload it after every shot.

VSS was developed in 1987, and still noone has weapon of such power.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadmoroz @ Aug. 09 2002,16:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">De lisle has only 50 meters<span id='postcolor'>

Ive read 300-400m from a number of sources, not 50m. And the VSS is a 9mm, the De Lisle is a .45 ACP

Read this about silenced rifles and subsonic ammunition

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Aug. 08 2002,05:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 07 2002,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Comparing the SVD with the M1891/30 the Dragunov has an effective rate of fire of 20 to 30 rounds per minute, while the Mosin 1891/30 only 5 shots. Accuracy - judged as 100% impacts in a 100mm circle - favors the SVD. Shoot-off with highly skilled marksmen showed the following relative accuracy, measured in millimeters:

Mosin-Nagant,

SVD,

http://club.guns.ru/eng/dragunov.html<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe...nice stats!   Yeah most of the people I've communicated with who have fired the SVD in real life agree that while it's not a true sniper  rifle, it is no slacker either.  It is deadly out to about 600 meters and is far more accurate then a AK-47 or SKS rifle.  But for extremely precise accuracy something like the SV-98 indeed would be preferable.

Personally I wish that U.S. army outfitted all it's squads with something like the SVD rifle or at least a dedicated M16 based marksman system like what the Israelies use in order to give an infantry squad some extra long range firepower where the marksman rifles can be assigned to the best shots in a platoon.   Dedicated snipers are of coarse still essential, but they are expensive to train, and non-infantry units (like engineer units) normally do not have any assigned to them, yet may face situations where they need counter-snipers or accurate long range firepower.  My old unit really could use something like that as they took away our M60's (replaced them with SAW's) and they left us was one M2 .50 cal and one MK-19 for the whole company.   It would be awesome if the U.S. Army purchased SVD rifles converted to .308 (7.62NATO) caliber.  That would be good for U.S./Russian relations (and the Russian arms industry) and good for soldiers as well.

Anyhoo... I just wanted to mention that the Russians have also been using extensively one other little known sniper rifle....the SV-99.  

http://club.guns.ru/eng/sv99.html

The SV-99 fires a tiny .22LR round, is EXTREMELY quiet when silenced and is perfect for close range sniping where stealth and precision are essential at close ranges.  I believe U.S. Special Forces have in the past used the Ruger 10/22 with a silencer although i don't know if they still use it or not.  But the little Ruger 10/22 is a fine rifle that is given a lot of respect despite it's tiny bullets.  I imagine that the SV-99 is something like it, but bolt-action and purpose designed for sniping as is evident by it's compact silencer.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Why not give them optically sighted M-14's?

Forums been down for me since yesterday,so forgive me if im bringing up a dead topic: In reply to crunchyFrog; yes, im aware that the Mosin/Nagant 1891 is less accurate than the SVD. I was exaggerating a bit for the effect. Hell, most snipers using the M91/30 didnt engage targets over 350-400 meters, horrible by todays standerds. The PU 3.5 power optical scope used by the Russians in the second world war was paltry, at best, compared to the PSO-1 sight in use with the Svd.

Now moving on to the Sv-98. Yes, it wasnt used in 1985, but then again, neither was the G36, Steyr Aug, and many other little things. Who really cares, as long as its a addon;it would be a perfect sniper rifle for the Russians. Then again, A m24sws or m40a1 would be needed for the americans. Which would require (in my humble opinion) a CORRECT MIL-DOT RETICULE. its useless without it. And the Presision Sharpshooters Rifle-1, Subsonic?! ROFLES! Although the PSG-1 (and its military sister, the MSG-90) can be fitted with subsonic ammunition, which in addition could be combined with a suppresor to achieve a silenced effect, Its rather unlikely it would be put into mainstream use.

Sorry about that. Snipings usesless when the 7.62mm Nato round(Any difference between the m118 and standerd 7.62mm nato?) is going under 1000 FPS. 200 meters, max. As we all know, the slower a bullet goes, the less rate of spin it has, the more succeptable to wind it is, and the path arc is much shorter=hellainnacurate. The only use would be in close (ie: less than 100 meters) police SWAT situations, where multiple targets need to be engaged without alerting others in the area.

[Edit]: Aug in '85? curses! foiled again! #%*@#%)!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ Aug. 09 2002,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now moving on to the Sv-98. Yes, it wasnt used in 1985, but then again, neither was the G36, Steyr Aug.<span id='postcolor'>

In fact the Steyr AUG was used in 85, it was introduced in the 70s and the Austrian Armies Military designation the Sturmgewehr 77 probably tells us that they were introduced to their army in 1977. Just thought i'd tell you smile.gif

could someone be so kind as to fix the muzzel flash on the SVN98 for me???...i tried to figure out he muzzel flash fix programes with absolutly no luck in operating them....the readme just aren't user friendly...and the user friendly program that was made ...won't work for me ...so im up the creek so to speak...i just want that SVN98 and spetznas ak ...i would really appreciate it...oh...and if possible ...a fxed ADATS would be nice too......please please please?? confused.gif