Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Bought my dream handgun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Aug. 07 2002,04:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 07 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,23:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear. What have they done to the poor gun ?? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

simple. Re-made in USA  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Which means it should self destruct about 3 weeks after it's warranty runs out biggrin.gif

At least it doesnt have pin stripes biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

nah..more like 3 hours tounge.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Aug. 07 2002,05wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here is the gun I want, and I am not kidding.

Lematt<span id='postcolor'>

That's pretty cool, Duke.  Black Powder shooting is really cool.  You really get an appreciation for those skilled with early firearms when you try reloading a black powder pistol.

My dad has one of these and also a black powder musket similar to this.

See, we can agree on something wink.gif

i held for a short time this gun. i was compensating for lack of machine gun....... biggrin.gif

but only 7 bullets....... sad.gif

but now, since ive became a poor bugger, i hold a rusty FN 9mm, and only because of my work.

argggggggghhhhhhhhh........what a fucked-up piece of equipment.

edit: well, if we're talking guns.......here is my cutie biggrin.gif

Hmmm, i don't really like handguns, i prefer a WW2 sniper rifle.

I know a place where you can buy them for about € 200, so that's about 178 dollars, i think. I don't have a pic of one of those, only bad thing is that you probable can't fire them anymore.

The coolest handgun is the Desert Eagle, very nice gun...

I don't have a gun myself, i'm a bit too young for that. biggrin.gif

380enfield3.jpg

We used to have a few of these, brought back from the various wars, but we handed them in after the Dumblaine armestice. I wish we hadn't but it seemed like a really big thing at the time, I suppose it was.

You guys are so fortunate, handguns are banned here in the UK (all calibers). Rifles have to be Bolt Action (5 Shot max mag I think), and Shotguns are shotguns.

All because a few people go mad. confused.gif

something is wrong with 11Bs photos......

you forgot to put OFPR Box right next to the gun! biggrin.gif

11b your HK USP pritty much comes apart just like the colt 1911 although the colt has a few more pices then what i see in yours such as the barrol bushing

Mister Frag , that DE is a v-nice peice of kit. I was looking at getting a 50AE DE from a pistol here on the Gold Coast (Queensland Aust.) , however they wanted something like $2000 + if my mem serves me correct, that was a bit much for me at that time , but i still want one

http://www.gcshooters.com.au/de.htm

Actually, I don't care for the Desert Eagle at all -- I think it is a pimp's gun with little practical value, and I just provided a working link for it.

I've been to a shooting range where a friend of mine rented a Desert Eagle, and it jammed on every other shot. Granted it was a rented range gun, but still...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh dear. What have they done to the poor gun ??<span id='postcolor'>

Ruined a pefectly beautiful firearm by trying to make it look like S & W duty pistol crapolla. That defines American asthetics for gunsmithing. That and ugly ass revolvers with all kinds of redneck scrollwork and bone inlaid pistol grips. I hate to say this, but Europe produces the most reliable and asthetically pleasing firearms.

True frag , I have heard that as well, do you know if the .357 has the same rep..

I just wanted it for home security , you know a kinda mines bigger then yours routine , when some low life drug punk bust in and threatens me and mine, i want to have a piece of hardware that can put him into next week if required smile.gif

after all , with this gun, you only need one shot smile.gif

I've seen jams happen alot with DE'S to ,but it's mostly due to limp wristing when firing the gun. Just like you will always stove pipe a 1911 if you don't stiffin you firing stance/wrist. I've heard the early DE 44 had weak slides which could lead to cracks and worse. But I'm sure they fixed that long ago. If I could find a DE cheap I'd snatch it up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (M79 @ Aug. 08 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">True frag , I have heard that as well, do you know if the .357 has the same rep..

I just wanted it for home security , you know a kinda mines bigger then yours routine , when some low life drug punk bust in and threatens me and mine, i want to have a piece of hardware that can put him into next week if required smile.gif

after all , with this gun, you only need one shot smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure if the .357 is any different, the model I saw in action was chambered in .50AE.

When selecting a firearm for personal defense, I wouldn't rely on the intimidation factor. I'd get something that works, and works every time, in case intimidation is not enough or the intruder is irrational due to drug or alcohol use etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Nobody was in any danger. We were handling it safely, except that it was loaded"<span id='postcolor'>

There is nothing safe about a negligent discharge. Guns don't go off by themselves, you either handle it safely and properly, or you don't. Idiots! mad.gif

The Colt1911 would be cool, but here are a couple of guns I want.

Colt 45

Wouldnt want the stupid non-fireing replica though.

I would love to have this pistol......

Schofield

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

"Nobody was in any danger. We were handling it safely, except that it was loaded"

There is nothing safe about a negligent discharge. Guns don't go off by themselves, you either handle it safely and properly, or you don't. Idiots!

<span id='postcolor'>

How true that is. wink.gif

here is a photo of my colt .45 which was made in the 1970's according to the serial number

photo one

colt 2

also here are two photos of my dads Reamington Ram wich was in WW2    when he bough it  it also had the belt holster   first aid pack and  the first aid packet pouch    the name of the person was C.B. Witwer,  this was bough from a person in NJ          and of couse with anything dealing with the US  it has   US stampings all over the belt  hoster  first aid pack and the first aid packet pouch

Ram photo 1

Ram photo two

Edit. i never seen my colt 1911A1 prown to Jaming when shooting it. unless you are not using the correct leads for the bullets, the gun was desinged for round nose leads. meaning any wad cutters semi wad cutters and other such may caus problems the lleads which you can see in the clip of the Remington ram are the type i use in my colt from thos leads seldem see a jam and when it dose jam it gets cough on the end of he led but seldem happens