Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Bought my dream handgun

Coinciding with my 21st birthday was my eligibilty to become a field agent for my company, therefor requiring to purchase a duty weapon. Sorry, I don't have an actually picture of my pistol, but this will do.

HK USP 40. biggrin.gif

usp40utl_lg.jpg

Nicee... smile.gif

I see that theres a thing on the pistol grip, which activates the laser, when palm pershure is applied.

How much is that thing?

Does the "40" stand for .40 caliber? And is that a flashlight? Whats the magazine capacity?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nicee...

I see that theres a thing on the pistol grip, which activates the laser, when palm pershure is applied.

How much is that thing?<span id='postcolor'>

I am gonna guess alot. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does the "40" stand for .40 caliber? And is that a flashlight? Whats the magazine capacity?<span id='postcolor'>

I do believe that is a laser.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does the "40" stand for .40 caliber?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, .40 caliber S&W

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How much is that thing?<span id='postcolor'>

$679.00 USD

+ $30.00 for a third magazine

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And is that a flashlight?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that is the HK UTL (Universal Tactical Light) which is sold seperately and runs about $175.00 USD.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats the magazine capacity?<span id='postcolor'>

10 rounds civilian, 13 LE/Pre-Ban (expensive)

wow thats pretty sexy. Would there be any difference in a civilian and military version, say the magazine capacity?. And how much would one run for on the market.

ive always wanted a S&W 629 .44 magnum revolver smile.gif

629_163603.jpg

Argh! You suck!

That's almost the handgun I want...

I am looking at the Mark 23.  If I can get it at a reasonable price, I'll buy one.

But first I need a couple of mandated courses to show I wont shoot myself or anyone else...by accident smile.gif

edit: According to the HK website, the only difference is mag capacity...which is 10 for the civilian market. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow thats pretty sexy<span id='postcolor'>

You know you are in the OFP forum when this coment is made about a gun, it is very pretty though. tounge.gif

congrats 11b..guess you also got gift that is as good as one that your gf gave you tounge.gif

i'm thinking of getting Springfield XD.(here)

since i won't be needing it for home defense, I'll stick with 9mm smile.gif

or may be a .22 Ruger might do... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edit: According to the HK website, the only difference is mag capacity...which is 10 for the civilian market. <span id='postcolor'>

this is correct

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am looking at the Mark 23. If I can get it at a reasonable price, I'll buy one.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ugh! That runs about $2,500.00 USD. Plus it is a monster at 2.42 lbs. Even the USP 45 Tactical, the Mk 23's smaller cousin is too rich for my blood at around $1,000.00 USD.

USP is the Mercedes Benz of semi-auto pistols... wink.gif I've shot with USP 9mm extensively and I have to say it's most comfortable hangun I ever fired. It's accurate, the trigger pull is just right, all the levers/catches are in the right places, the recoil isn't too sharp and it never jams (well, unless you're using some 50 year-old substandard ammo wink.gif. Good choice, USSoldier11B!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 06 2002,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ugh! That runs about  $2,500.00 USD. Plus it is a monster at 2.42 lbs. Even the USP 45 Tactical, the Mk 23's smaller cousin is too rich for my blood at around $1,000.00 USD.<span id='postcolor'>

Hum.

The dealer here in Canada quoted me 2400 Canadian.  Perhaps he was looking at the Tactical instead of the SOCOM.

He's almost got me sold on a Valtro 1998A1 .45 that is hand made with match grade parts.

Only 1300 canadian smile.gif

And I had a good chat with a Mountie friend of mine and he said I wouldnt have a single problem getting one, unless I am hiding a felony record somewhere smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And I had a good chat with a Mountie friend of mine and he said I wouldnt have a single problem getting one, unless I am hiding a felony record somewhere <span id='postcolor'>

I didn't have any trouble. I went in the same day I turned 21 and walked out 25 minutes later. Quickest gun purchase I've ever made. Hell, it will take longer to get my new adult driver's license at the DMV.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 06 2002,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't have any trouble. I went in the same day I turned 21 and walked out 25 minutes later. Quickest gun purchase I've ever made. Hell, it will take longer to get my new adult driver's license at the DMV.<span id='postcolor'>

You are in the States, I am in Canada biggrin.gif

A world of difference.

I've owned rifles before..but that was 10 years ago, and the licensing requirments have tightened up a lot since then.

I know, but my record is squeaky clean. I'm sure your's is as well. Just more beaurocratic red tape that you must deal with. You should have no problem.

Thats a nice bit of gear.

May I ask what you do for a living , I mean are you in Law Enforcement?

he is in US Army.

here in California, any handgun purchase takes minimum of 10days(background check I suppose) and you can buy one per month only.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blaegis @ Aug. 06 2002,06:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">USP is the Mercedes Benz of semi-auto pistols... wink.gif I've shot with USP 9mm extensively and I have to say it's most comfortable hangun I ever fired. It's accurate, the trigger pull is just right, all the levers/catches are in the right places, the recoil isn't too sharp and it never jams (well, unless you're using some 50 year-old substandard ammo wink.gif. Good choice, USSoldier11B!<span id='postcolor'>

Bah. HK...

Walther, I tell you has the really good guns. I'd put up my p99 any day against that USP smile.gif

Anyway, you could have made a worse choice. The USP is not so terrible.

You bought the 10-rnd version? I feel sorry for you. You'll spend lots of time loading clips smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bah. HK...

Walther, I tell you has the really good guns. I'd put up my p99 any day against that USP <span id='postcolor'>

Awww....c'mon Denoir, German is German. tounge.gif

I like German guns and cars. (BMW)

Must be the German in me......

I'm French and German....isn't that wierd?

Walther makes a fine weapon, but I really had my heart set on the HK. BTW, I can get pre-ban magazines, they are just really expensive...like 80 bucks a pop.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">he is in US Army.<span id='postcolor'>

On the civilian side I work for Anlance Protection Ltd.

This is my office, but I am now transferring to field operations.

OperationsCenter.jpeg

Anlance Protection

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 06 2002,08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OperationsCenter.jpeg<span id='postcolor'>

huh? where's OFP/OFPR played from? tounge.gif

don't listen to Denoir. he hates HK with passion. he had such an traumatic experience with G3s during basic training. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 06 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here in California, any handgun purchase takes minimum of 10days(background check I suppose) and you can buy one per month only.<span id='postcolor'>

Ten whole days? You poor bastards. smile.gif

In Sweden you have to shoot activly in a club for six months and pass a number of tests, both theory and actual shooting.

After you pass the final test the police can issue you a license for .22 caliber guns. After another six months of active shooting and you can upgrade your license to any caliber.

When that is done we have no serious limitations. You can buy as many guns as your heart desires and we have no limitation on the clip size, you don't need a special license to carry it around (concealed) and so on. Fortunately the long training produces responsible shooters and we don't need more regulations.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 06 2002,08:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Aug. 06 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here in California, any handgun purchase takes minimum of 10days(background check I suppose) and you can buy one per month only.<span id='postcolor'>

Ten whole days? You poor bastards. smile.gif

In Sweden you have to shoot activly in  a club for six months and pass a number of tests, both theory and actual shooting.

After you pass the final test the police can issue you a license for .22 caliber guns. After another six months of active shooting and you can upgrade your license to any caliber.

When that is done we have no serious limitations. You can buy as many guns as your heart desires and we have no limitation on the clip size, you don't need a special license to carry it around (concealed) and so on. Fortunately the long training produces responsible shooters and we don't need more regulations.<span id='postcolor'>

6 months?

you poor bastards.... tounge.gif

I can go out right now and buy a gun of any caliber, wait 10 days, and it will be in my hands. biggrin.gif

test? what test? we need to watch a video for 2 hours and that's it tounge.gif

however, we can't have it carried around in concealed manner. sad.gif (unless you get permit from local LE agency, which is pretty much impossible)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ Aug. 06 2002,08:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm French and German....isn't that wierd?<span id='postcolor'>

You mean one part of you wants to run off and buy the biggest baddest gun there is while the other part is terrified of giving somebody with german ancestry a weapon tounge.gif

i bought a hand gun at 19. legaly i know michigan laws are messed up but i dont think i waited 10 days eather and i am not in the military or law enfocment. quite nice colt 1911A1 .45APC