Sign in to follow this  
JulMdama

Where are all the birds? (not seagulls)

Stratis just feels really...empty without birds.

Wherever you are in Stratis, you're always hearing crickets chirping, or just ambient wind. I mean, not even the seagulls make any noise. About a third of Stratis is covered in forest, so you would expect there to be birds flying around and chirping, at least.

Hearing birds and/or seeing them fly overhead while walking through a forest would make the island seem more...habitable and alive...less desolate...and would be nice to listen to. Stratis' appearance is a lot more green and alive than it is in real life - so it deserves more creatures. Also, eagles or birds of prey would probably be lurking around Stratis, because of all the rabbits and stuff.

I also read another post about an idea of flocks of birds flying away when you start shooting in a forest, possibly giving away your position to any nearby enemy...That should probably be added too.

So hopefully all this stuff is coming in a future update...or the full game...:D

I did feedback tracker for flocks of birds but it was closed by moderator - arguing that it can be made by scripts. But - it should be vanilla out of the box, distant flocks of birds would add alot of life to the Stratis and Altis too.

Anyway more creatures like land turtles, crabs, crampons, lizards, maybe even snails...

Edited by fragmachine

A cool thing I noticed when my friend was doing a low pass over the runway, it seemed to whip up a little flock of birds who were darting about as if startled by the noise.

This is what you guys are worried about? There are so many more important things the devs could work on, hence why your ticket was closed.

The bikini wearing civvies will be added later, oh, thought you said burds.

Thing that worries me? No. Only one that i give my interest to? Missed. Or i just meant actuall experience to be less sterile? "Hit the nail" i would say then. Dont tell me that immersion does not go along with realism. It is better to notice what game lacks of and what could be tweaked than repeating mindlessly same FT requests in trilions of cloned-like posts. We do know AI issues, performance issues, audio issues, health-sys issues etc. BIS is fully aware of these, as far as assigned or have hundreds of votes up or down. Some might not like that there are people that don't think way they do, too bad it isn't another "my framezPS suckz PLZ BIS FIX IT!"

Hello there

Whilst birds may well not be the most important of issues for the devs to concentrate on, I dont see any reason not to chat about it. Surely that's what the forums are for?

There is already an existing "surprised birds" flock script for arma which might work in A3 or try to contact the author to see if he's willing to convert it. Have a peek in the A2 forums.

Rgds

LoK

No one but devs will decide if something is worth of work put in A3, no me, no you no us but devs. We can only write our suggestions - and should happily do if we have some. I've noticed it some time on

this forums some persons prefer to act as unmature, putting nothing to the discussion, no pros and cons but rather trying to be "funny" with some posts. With just the flock of birds Stratis would look more lifelike. I remember this issue as the only thing solely missing from ArmAs animal kingdom. Seeing distant bird flocks would be enought, enought to tell that on this planet do exist life, not really ground breaking intensive task to do but rather little addition that would make rather great overall effect.

Id rather they work on the rest of the game instead of worrying about all those animals.

I wouldn't mind a seagull colored pitch black and it just flies in the distance like a normal bird, but the snail/lizards are a waste of time.