Sign in to follow this  
Giaky

Us air force f15

wow.

that looks fantastic.

I wish that they made planes with USNF skins like that.

the canopy is not textured. i would suggest you use the data\black.paa texture in the Face Properties. A bit small dont you think?

I must say that looks quite nice, and im rather fond of Fighter plane addons as well (unlike some others). However, I question the effectiveness of this. Actually, of _any_ fighter plane (its a problem with every addon fighter i have)-

you cant dogfight AI with any of the addons! for instance, put a shilka on the ground and pilot scorpios excellent Mig-29 fulcrum and it will engage from about 1 kilometer out, maye more. Fine. However, when you put a Fighter plane in the sky on a intercept course towards the Mig-29, the enemy fighter (wether it be a f16, tornado, one of the many reskinned SU-25's, ect) the plane simply flys past you. Unless your going 230 mph or less; the enemy ai will never engage you with AA missles, and its quite depressing, since I can shoot down a F16 from about 3.5 kilometers out when its going around 700 mph.

It basically ruins the main purpose of having fighter planes, unless you have a lan and two copies of the game and the addon. Which is somewhat unlikely. But dont let this stop you from making it, oh god no- just flying around doing aireal manuvers in a F15 Strike Eagle is all it takes for me to want this baby. I

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ Aug. 02 2002,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I must say that looks quite nice, and im rather fond of Fighter plane addons as well (unlike some others). However, I question the effectiveness of this. Actually, of _any_ fighter plane (its a problem with every addon fighter i have)-

you cant dogfight AI with any of the addons! for instance, put a shilka on the ground and pilot scorpios excellent Mig-29 fulcrum and it will engage from about 1 kilometer out, maye more. Fine. However, when you put a Fighter plane in the sky on a intercept course towards the Mig-29, the enemy fighter (wether it be a f16, tornado, one of the many reskinned SU-25's, ect) the plane simply flys past you. Unless your going 230 mph or less; the enemy ai will never engage you with AA missles, and its quite depressing, since I can shoot down a F16 from about 3.5 kilometers out when its going around 700 mph.

It basically ruins the main purpose of having fighter planes, unless you have a lan and two copies of the game and the addon. Which is somewhat unlikely. But dont let this stop you from making it, oh god no- just flying around doing aireal manuvers in a F15 Strike Eagle is all it takes for me to want this baby. I<span id='postcolor'>

Well becasue it depends on how ai is programmed to engage. ANd for sure they dontm know how tu use aa missiles (only aa from ground ..)

I once got AA-missiles work, they attacked other planes but didn't hit them.

We'll see what we can do smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Aug. 02 2002,01:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looking good,

Hey whats that sniper you are holding?<span id='postcolor'>

An m24, its justa cstrike model so no release for it, i got it just for fun. In the next pics ill show u some more cool guns

(,like an OICW smile.gif )

Those are really nice textures. I like how you showed the panels in the armor instead of making it just one big grey piece. The model looked alittle rough around the edges in on pic but maybe that was just the graphics settings on the comp. Keep up the good work Uzabit.

ack! thats a m24 sws and its #()%@#%ing beutiful!

actually, one problem: its reversed. The bolt-action handle on the M24 is on the right side, as well as the windage knob on the m3a scope.

Still, very very very purty. gimme!

Also, I know this is almost impossible to ask for, due to its moderate complexity: but can you accurately model the mil-dot system on the telescope? Theres a calculation system you need to use to range accurately. Which is Target height (in yards-thats 2) x 1000 divided by the height of mildots he is. So, if hes 500 meters away, he would be around 3.5 mildots high, and you'd use this: 2x1000=2000, divided by 3.5=571 yards, or around 500 meters. its a effective way of ranging your target. I dont think the engine can support changing the MOA on elevation, though. but itd be neat, and its quite simple. 1 MOA=1 inch at 100 yards. So if hes 1000 meters, 1 MOA=10 Inches high. To make it simple, the m3a scope has a MOA change of only One (instead of most which change at 1/2) so to kill someone at 1000 yards you click the elevation knob 10 times. get it? anyone? ah, im rambling...

[Edit: grammatical error]

ag, a cstrike model...ah....blast. ppstttt send it to me anyways

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Adviss @ Aug. 02 2002,02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ack! thats a m24 sws and its #()%@#%ing beutiful!

actually, one problem: its reversed. The bolt-action handle on the M24 is on the right side, as well as the windage knob on the m3a scope.

Still, very very very purty. gimme!

Also, I know this is almost impossible to ask for, due to its moderate complexity: but can you accurately model the mil-dot system on the telescope? Theres a calculation system you need to use to range accurately. Which is Target height (in yards-thats 2) x 1000 divided by the height of mildots he is. So, if hes 500 meters away, he would be around 3.5 mildots high, and you'd use this: 2x1000=2000, divided by 3.5=571 yards, or around 500 meters. its a effective way of ranging your target. I dont think the engine can support changing the MOA on elevation, though. but itd be neat, and its quite simple. 1 MOA=1 inch at 100 yards. So if hes 1000 meters, 1 MOA=10 Inches high. To make it simple, the m3a scope has a MOA change of only One (instead of most which change at 1/2) so to kill someone at 1000 yards you click the elevation knob 10 times. get it? anyone? ah, im rambling...

[Edit: grammatical error]

ag, a cstrike model...ah....blast. ppstttt send it to me anyways<span id='postcolor'>

I can change this easily smile.gif

But I could release this the problem is I dont know who is the author it say

Author Uknown so I will give the copyirght to whoever di the model (it really sux sad.gif)

"The model looked alittle rough around the edges in on pic but maybe that was just the graphics settings on the comp. "

I want to keep the polygon level low for getting the best performance. You have to know, the model isn't finished yet, weapons, cockpit, ect. will be ingame aswell, a with an extra amount of polys. But when you go to normal third person viewdistance you won't see the edges anymore.

Is it just me or is Quakergamer's sig loading really really slow?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Aug. 03 2002,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me or is Quakergamer's sig loading really really slow?<span id='postcolor'>

its just you. smile.gif

Okies thanx, I won't bother to offer him hosting then, must be NTL being shits as usual smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Aug. 03 2002,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Okies thanx, I won't bother to offer him hosting then, must be NTL being shits as usual smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, i got NTL - 1.5 ADSL, you probably had the shitty 56k from them biggrin.gif

Long live the 56k modem! for long they have served us with internet access. I feel proud to have 500 pings on half life because of my 56k modem.

confused.gif

and that plane looks fantastic, when can we expect a release date?