Some statistics:

112mm APILAS disposable heavy anti-tank rocket launcher

IOC: 1983

Weight: 9,0kg

Max Range: 600m

Practical Range: 300m

Armor penetration: ca. 700mm of steel

Rocket velocity: 293m/s

Used by at least French and Finnish armies.

its looking very nice. it would be nice to use it in maybe a un package.

Looks good.

Hope someone will make more AT Weapons like the:

Javelin ( know there is one made but not the right model)

Dragon

LAW80

RPG-7

LOL!

That is one bigass AT-rocket launcher

Is it really handheld?

Or is it IRL a fixed AT-Rocket launcher?

Just asking...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Aug. 02 2002,00:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL!

That is one bigass AT-rocket launcher

Is it really handheld?

Or is it IRL a fixed AT-Rocket launcher?

Just asking...<span id='postcolor'>

it's handheld

- edit -

apilas.jpg

sivu047.jpg

apilas.jpg

apilas.jpg

Image1022.jpg

That thing looks like it came out of star wars or something!

Its pretty cool though smile.gif

Oh yeah! I was just thinking yesterday that it would be nice to have APILAS in OFP, looks like there was a telepathic connection between me and Blake.

Do you have a picture of the targeting system? I can get you one from the army if needed.

Maybe next you could do a 66 KES 88? smile.gif

// cam0flage

Umm stupid me, there was a picture of the targeting system biggrin.gif

Looks pretty nice, although it lacks one thing if you want to make it really realistic, but it doesn't actually matter in OFP: The targeting system has another "sight" in the upper left corner of the view. It's the same as the one in the middle, it's positioned like inserting another targeting sight up left and turning it to face 112.5 degrees. This is made to allow left-handed people to launch APILAS too, by just detaching the sight and installing it to the other side of the tube.

Is the APILAS going to have the NVG system it includes, so that it can be fired during nighttime?

// cam0flage

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Aug. 02 2002,00:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks good.

Hope someone will make more AT Weapons like the:

Javelin ( know there is one made but not the right model)

Dragon

LAW80

RPG-7<span id='postcolor'>

I was going to say the exact same thing...well, LAW80 and Dragon M47 anyway... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Aug. 02 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Umm stupid me, there was a picture of the targeting system biggrin.gif

Looks pretty nice, although it lacks one thing if you want to make it really realistic, but it doesn't actually matter in OFP: The targeting system has another "sight" in the upper left corner of the view. It's the same as the one in the middle, it's positioned like inserting another targeting sight up left and turning it to face 112.5 degrees. This is made to allow left-handed people to launch APILAS too, by just detaching the sight and installing it to the other side of the tube.

Is the APILAS going to have the NVG system it includes, so that it can be fired during nighttime?

// cam0flage<span id='postcolor'>

Yes i am very aware of that left handed sight it the upper right corner smile.gif But I made the sight without O2 and there was only limited space in the .paa file for the sight (the black circles around the sight are constructed of several texture tiles) so mirroring it can be hard. The're only limited space in the middle for the sight itself. But maybe I'll try to improve it somehow later.

The Pilkington-Kite NV sight is not possible to hard-code to the weapon itself, only solution is perhaps to assign APILAS soldiers with NV goggles.

The sight may seem mushy there but it' s clearer in-game...

5 sec offtopic:

If you want to simulate firing an APILAS at your home, you'll need two friends, a bucket of sand and some tube to represent the APILAS.

Take a pleasant position, pretend you are aiming, and tell your friends when you "fire". When you yell fire, your other friend kicks you in the back while the other throws the bucket of sand at you, (without the bucket, of course).

I heard this is pretty much the effect when firing a real APILAS, I dunno, i've only fired a practise rocket.

// cam0flage

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Aug. 02 2002,10:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe next you could do a 66 KES 88? smile.gif

66 KES 88 (LAW) is not possible to do accurately with OFP engine (you'd need adjustable sights). But we're planning on doing 66 KES 75 which has plastic 'window' sight, which can be made to use somewhat correct ballistics hopefully.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Aug. 02 2002,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">5 sec offtopic:

If you want to simulate firing an APILAS at your home, you'll need two friends, a bucket of sand and some tube to represent the APILAS.

Take a pleasant position, pretend you are aiming, and tell your friends when you "fire". When you yell fire, your other friend kicks you in the back while the other throws the bucket of sand at you, (without the bucket, of course).

I heard this is pretty much the effect when firing a real APILAS, I dunno, i've only fired a practise rocket.

Sound like how it feels to fire the Carl Gustaf smile.gif

Blake, I might have something for you concerning 66 KES 75; FDF is running down the garrison of Taivallahti in central Helsinki, which is often my post when i'm on guard duty. I often go wandering around the abandoned garrison, If I remember right I found a manual for 66 KES 75 last time, but left it somewhere there. I'm going there on sunday for 5 days, so I'll try to look for it. It had some pictures and technical data etc.

Hehe, could it be possible to model the legendary MUSTI? biggrin.gif

// cam0flage

Camoflage, that KES 75 manual could be useful. It would be great if you could snatch it and scan it from. Didn't see one in any FDF pdf-format manuals yet. Message me if you manage to obtain them.

Musti will most likely be made, one guy in our squad took loads of photos at an FDF arms depot, including classics like Suomi SMG, Maxim, Lahti-Saloranta LMG, Degatrev 'Emma' LMG and of course more modern stuff like the 95mm 'Musti' recoilless.

PS. I served in Taivallahti barracks '96-97.

I'll see what I can do with the manual, they have been cleaning the garrison lately so it might be lost, but lets hope for the best.

Sounds like a list of classics biggrin.gif It would be nice to see a lot of finnish addons. I'd also like to see RK95 with Leopold 3x sight and KVKK.

Taivallahti is a legendary place smile.gif We are the last guys guarding it, it will be turned over to civil authorities in the end of this year. Did you serve in SpolK or the "car company", these days known as 2. JK?

// cam0flage

TJ 61 wink.gif

You got any new pictures or update on the apilas?? First pictures looked really good