Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Around 50% are roleplaying servers

...wants to run a PVP super-hardcore-milsim-listen-to-my-orders-talk-about-different-ammo-types-wank-in-a-tank-server then ...

..found my new server name *snicker*

Has the OP tried maybe filtering with the word ANNEX?

50% roleplay? really?

Last night i looked and it seemed like there were 5-10 altis life servers and double or triple that amount running Invade & Annex Altis (pvp)

..found my new server name *snicker*
Pfffft, I once named my testing server "Ultimate F*** Fighting" without the asterisks...

Add a word filter to the server browser, problem solved.

Yes the server browser could use a revamp. Also when people say just play with good people /groups and such are they talking about some secret private pvp servers that are not listed on the regular multiplayer browser?

Last time I did check the Arma 3 server list, around 50% of the more populated servers were all roleplaying servers.

What about the pvp gameplay modes in the Arma 3 beta i.e. CTI, Team V Team pvp, .....and so on. Officially there is only the coop gameplay mode offered, fighting against bots.

I hope you guys will implement a better server list filter. In Arma 2 when you use the filter and choose "TEAM" gameplay, you get spammed with Dayz/roleplaying servers instead of actually servers where you will find Team vs Team gameplay based on what the game actually is, a military sim. Actually there are so many servers popping up that you dont find any what you are looking for.

Not really happy about this beta.....the pvp aspect is missing a lot and I wonder why.

We do need a lot more large-scale PvP game modes. This is what Arma is best suited for I think given its scope and comprehensiveness.

Check out this mod if you want PvP. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?163550-Tactical-Battlefield-A-PvP-Gameplay-Modification

Its a mod that is only PvP with mission for 16v16 all the way up to 50v50. It will be public but we have enough people to always have a admin on the server itself or our TS. Its not released yet but if you are interested in becoming a beta tester you can sign up.