Sign in to follow this  
hacksaw

Cut the Chatter command.

I personally think the game should have a "cut the chatter" command that you can give to your team so they won't talk at all. Is this planned?

I would definitely like to see such a feature within the core game. Sometimes radio usage just isn't feasible due to the risk of detection, especially when facing enemies with more advanced technology. The ability to silence communications, to revert to hand signals would definitely be welcomed by myself, but I understand that this would be a challenge to implement successfully due to the lack of field of view and senses.

Options, audio, radio off.
As a "space bar" command that you can use in real time when playing the game.

If you mean the AI/NPC chatter?

You can turn off the "Radio" "Volume", and "Subtitles"(so you see no radio text either), and you won't have this problem.

If you mean with real players online?

Turn your "VOIP" "Volume" off, or use chat, or a service like TS and tell them to STFU lol!

Problems solved. ;)

If you mean the AI/NPC chatter?

You can turn off the "Radio" "Volume", and "Subtitles"(so you see no radio text either), and you won't have this problem.

If you mean with real players online?

Turn your "VOIP" "Volume" off, or use chat, or a service like TS and tell them to STFU lol!

Problems solved. ;)

No no, a command that you can give to your squad so they be quiet so they don't reveal their position.

Turning your own radio off would be nice.

Just say “stealth†and I think everyone starts whispering. Telling them not to call anything out no matter how urgent wouldn’t be very smart. It’s not like they say a lot of random things anyways right?

Ugh. I hate listening to them, yet if I turn off the radio I tend to die from the rare occasion their enemy call outs are actually relative to where I'm fucking looking.

Yes, that enemy is 200m front, YOUR FRONT. It's not my 6 o'clock you're calling out. They can't keep up with me so they tend to lag behind and call out whatever they want and it doesn't really help me, especially having to press k mid fire fight because SThud isn't working.

Also, I want to scream when they call out compass bearings or god damn grid refs. IM IN A FIRE FIGHT IM NOT LOOKING UP A GRID REF.

Ugh. I hate listening to them, yet if I turn off the radio I tend to die from the rare occasion their enemy call outs are actually relative to where I'm fucking looking.

Yes, that enemy is 200m front, YOUR FRONT. It's not my 6 o'clock you're calling out. They can't keep up with me so they tend to lag behind and call out whatever they want and it doesn't really help me, especially having to press k mid fire fight because SThud isn't working.

Also, I want to scream when they call out compass bearings or god damn grid refs. IM IN A FIRE FIGHT IM NOT LOOKING UP A GRID REF.

How about a ticket against relative call outs?

In the big new Showcase where you attack an outpost with APCs I always have a guy screaming "ENEMY, BEHIND US!!!" and I'm like what the hell... it really never helps duh.

iirc there is also a "bug" that ai cant do anything whilst transmitting radio messages. i.e they have to finish saying contact before they can actually fire.

Muting does nothing in this case as they still say it, the player just doesnt hear it.