Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Allow us to choose the path of arma3.rpt

Please allow us to choose the path of arma3.rpt (menu option).

Edit: Why isn't it a single file as in Arma 2, but many files with names like "arma3_2013-06-09_14-37-51.rpt"? This prevents making a direct link to the rpt-file.

Edited by RogueTrooper

This change allows for more accessibility when debugging crashes and errors. Each, or every few launches have independent report files. I'm sure if you're trying to link to them, you should be able to use a wildcard (*) when searching for the file name.

I would like to ave a option to disable RPT writing on the fly, or indeed move it to another HDD.

I had MP sessions where the game performace wen´t FUBAR because of something beeing written into the RPT over and over again.

can the rpt logging be disabled somehow as of yet? it's taking up too much space...is the -nologs thing working yet in stable retail version??

**EDIT - I see the -nologs works now...anyway of doing this on-the-fly now as well (from within the game)?

Edited by BigShot

Why isn't it a single file as in Arma 2, but many files with names like "arma3_2013-06-09_14-37-51.rpt"? This prevents making a direct link to the rpt-file.

Yeah I also much preferred a single file updated with separated entries. For one thing, I usually (in ArmA2) have the file open in Notepad++ so I can easily go straight to it.