Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

MGS inspired PMC (Opfor)

Perhaps this would be a fair champion?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56844908/arma3%202013-03-12%2017-36-31-89.jpg

that would be RH's Mk18mod1 currently WIP (trying to get a release date out of them)

I did send him a pm a long time ago about those, just asking if they'd be up for a release or not, I think. Can't remember. No answer tho :p

I did send him a pm a long time ago about those, just asking if they'd be up for a release or not, I think. Can't remember. No answer tho :p

His partner advark i think it is, told me theyd be released soon enough. But i read a post from him a few months back saying they'd be ready for release in a few weeks but obviously that never happened

I may be able to help on the SCAR front, these Arma 2 models need to be put to use ;)

I may be able to help on the SCAR front, these Arma 2 models need to be put to use ;)

Care to elaborate? :) "These ArmA2 models" as in the ArmA2 models? What yer sittin' on?

Getting ArmA2 models to ArmA3 the same way as AllInArma?

For reference's sake, here and here is the "M14 EBR" model used in MGS4 if you choose to go for that instead of just reusing the BI Arma 3 EBR. Overall, the Praying Mantis loadout seems to be the Mk 17, "GSR" (basically a SIG 1911 with a laser/light rail), the M870 Custom (both standalone and "Masterkey"), "M14 EBR", and "rarely" Javelins, with the M1126 and ICV and M2HB-equipped Humvees for vehicles.

Just for info - in MGS4 they used 2nd gen of Scar Mk17 (only they didn't used the newer AAC flash hider like typical scars do) and not the first one - first gen uses that ugly stock like fish tail or something :D

Edited by RobertHammer

Personally I'd have one or the other and no mixed version. 2nd gen seems like an appropriate way to go.

I tried having a (Kiorys) balaclava AND goggles as the same model. There was only horrible clipping when wearing caps and the like. ice123 have swat units with balaclavas that are defined in their identities, meaning they're not an item and they are not thicker than the default faces. That would work perfectly for this if I just could maybe make their masks not have a mouth area that is super detailed like now. It's too skintight to look believable. Could maybe work as a placeholder atm.

For reference's sake, here and here is the "M14 EBR" model used in MGS4 if you choose to go for that instead of just reusing the BI Arma 3 EBR.

They're both exactly the same still, right? Only difference being BIS model is tan. I can't spot any other difference. I'd be nice having a dark EBR with it's default optics being the SOS scope available now.

They didn't seem exactly the same, but I'll agree that there were no substantive/gameplay-affecting differences, so I have no objection to (and would even prefer) reusing the BI Arma 3 EBR; note that the in-game scope model was basically a Shortdot but with a seemingly custom reticle (weapon side view, first-person view, and 3/4 rear from above in PNG here).

Food for fun: if an underbarrel shotgun can be done in Arma 3, then all this is possible. :D

Care to elaborate? :) "These ArmA2 models" as in the ArmA2 models? What yer sittin' on?

Getting ArmA2 models to ArmA3 the same way as AllInArma?

Well maybe yours truly has the Arma 2 models with permission to port them :rolleyes:

Alex, you may have made me want to actually play A3 with these PMCs.

Alex, you may have made me want to actually play A3 with these PMCs.

I'm glad to hear. It's a tiny pack, really. But I feel they're more worthy oponments compared to the Iranians. No idea why. ArmA opfor has had a good streak of being less well equipped visually imo and it must've gotten stuck in my head :p

With scripted exclamation marks above their heads once they spot an enemy? :yay:

Possible? :D Could it be scripted per mission? Not saying I want it in this pack, It would just be hilarious to see.

I have not showed the current progress on some of the pilots. They're not specifically from the MGS universe, but I'd say they fit right in. Will probably get some better pictures of them later. I made them for the sake of having some variation and to not have the default looking opfor pilots if there are helicopters invovled in the mission. Armor crew will probably get made too.

Edited by AlexVestin

Well, if you're making them BLUFOR, maybe you need to pit them against player OPFOR... ;)

Where did you get that? I wantz it!

From the nice people at BIS :)

Well, if you're making them BLUFOR, maybe you need to pit them against player OPFOR... ;)

Nah, they'll be Opfor, or the next best Independent. But I want them as Opfor :)

Did someone ask for a SCAR? ;)

Mother of chocolate cookies that is still sexy! Awesome :D

The animations are obviously not corrected since it sits quite high in his hands, but the question of using a frontgrip vs no frontgrip comes to mind.

I'd feel having it w/o frontgrip like this would spice things up from what every arma player is used to:

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/3921/scarh016yd.jpg

But at the same time it's probably not that common.

Edited by AlexVestin

From the nice people at BIS :)

So thats SCAR confirmed for Beta maybe?

Nope, I got permission for the model from Arma 2 for myself to mod it. With added permission to port it to sequels

Nope, I got permission for the model from Arma 2 for myself to mod it. With added permission to port it to sequels

Ah, so its something your working on. Whats left to work on, before its ready for Arma 3?

They didn't seem exactly the same, but I'll agree that there were no substantive/gameplay-affecting differences, so I have no objection to (and would even prefer) reusing the BI Arma 3 EBR;.

I believe they are in fact the exact same rifle. Only the flash hider is different.

I did a quick reskin for the existing EBR rifle to make it look like the MGS one.

Here are some screens. You can compare them yourself :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img819/5669/arma32013060500321650.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img585/6092/arma32013060500333092.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img843/5134/arma32013060500352514.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img38/3236/arma32013060500445359.png

Edited by AlexVestin

Now we need Old Snake and Liquid Ocelot.. and maybe B&B Corps.

Liquid definitely. ;)

And a decent Colt revolver or a Thor 45 70.

A Gekko or two, just to see how they would really fare in some real warfare. Anyone want to borrow one, got one I put in GTASA years ago?

Looking forward to these PMCs though, my char is going to get some good sneaky missions out of them.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542955139992369457/021D4F08C7F3562CF357B773485F7A928A61D8FD/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/542955139992322491/ACD37FDC8D4E3218A459ED9ED372F27DA36D0FC8/

Ah, so its something your working on. Whats left to work on, before its ready for Arma 3?

She needs a bit of work alright, one thing I'm aiming for is the iron sights folding when optic is attached. And a few other minor annoyances.

She needs a bit of work alright, one thing I'm aiming for is the iron sights folding when optic is attached. And a few other minor annoyances.

I believe that part is on the BIS wiki too if you haven't seen it. Are you having any un-expected problems or do you think it'll work out alright?

I'm trying to get a Stryker (M1126 ICV M2)(BIS sample model) in-game.

I believe I need to set up suspension and all that shit. It's in-game, but it's not enterable by just standing next to it, the textures are not done, it behaves like a brick, it can't shoot and it does not really work in the meny correctly. I'm doing progress, though.

Also.

Is the ArmA1 Stryker undersized or is it the correct size by default? Anyone who knows for sure?