Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

POST HERE IF U WANT THE SDK

Spamming wont get you the SDK. They'll only release it to professional modding groups. Not to the public.

I have spent the last 6 years making models/maps/addons for various games, even ones people sed could not be modded.

I work alone and from home, and i am a member of the public, and i love flashpoint, and want to make it better (I think it is JUST possible) for both myself and the rest of the community.

So when u say the public will not recieve this, does this mean myself and hundreds of others like me will be left with nothing, while so called "Proffesional" modders get the tools?

oh, and what is your definition of "Professional"

Thank you.

With professional I mean teams, like the OFV team. So guys that are making a mod. (So not for the public, only for the pro. mod makers, like the Operation Vietnam team)

Please clarify that remark, Redstorm.

By "professional" do you mean people who are working on commercial/retail expansions for OFP?

Or are you saying that BIS intends to give support only to serious, established modders?

If the latter is the case, whom at BIS would a serious, established modder (formerly of Shifter : www.dopplegangers.com/shifter ) need to contact for more information?

(Edited by Dastardly at 7:59 pm on Nov. 9, 2001)

(Edited by Dastardly at 8:07 pm on Nov. 9, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Dastardly on 7:58 pm on Nov. 9, 2001

Please clarify that remark, Redstorm.

By "professional" do you mean people who are working on commercial/retail expansions for OFP?

Or are you saying that BIS intends to give support only to serious, established modders?

If the latter is the case, whom at BIS would a serious, established modder (formerly of Shifter : www.dopplegangers.com ) need to contact for more information?

(Edited by Dastardly at 7:59 pm on Nov. 9, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that's what I meant. I'm not sure though, I thought BIS said that once. Not sure!

Gotcha. Would be nice to hear a final answer one way or the other. I was attracted to OFP mainly due to its modding potential.

Sadly, if that potential is nonexistant then so is most of the attraction. Just speaking for myself, of course...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from KingBeast on 1:58 pm on Nov. 7, 2001

No one wanted the Steyr Aug as far as i know smile.gif Thoguh its nice of course.

<span id='postcolor'>

Hey.. I wanted the Steyr.... But rate of fire seems a little slow...it does not seem like 700 rnds per min.. more like 500.

the steyr is a crappy gun , i hate the plastic bull pup rifles

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Dastardly on 11:24 pm on Nov. 9, 2001

Gotcha. Would be nice to hear a final answer one way or the other. I was attracted to OFP mainly due to its modding potential.

Sadly, if that potential is nonexistant then so is most of the attraction. Just speaking for myself, of course...

<span id='postcolor'>

I'll loose all interest in OFP too....After playing with the same vehicles hundreds of times it gets boring sad.gif I want to make a flying dog poop and then put it in the Realwar mod sad.gif

i think it's a bad idea to release tools to make it possible to modify the game 'talking from personal experience' played clan wars in the so called CB Ladder 'Strike Force' for a year or so and every now and then there would pop up wankers spoiling the fun for everyone 'Aimbotting SOB's' so please keep the tools to a minimum i seriously hope this game wont go down the s**tters as well as SF did btw SF is a mod for Unreal Tournament for those of you that dont know it

and the source code for it is VERY easy to access

my 2$ worth

Me and ARAM(My friend) say,SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDKSDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK Please!

Headbanger - the kind of thing meant by SDK isnt only better script access or whatever. The ability to add new vehicles, islands weapons etc. is whats meant here - just adding to the editing tools not customising things to give people multiplayer advantages. I doubt that their hacked M16s would work without giving an error in OFP multiplayer though.

For example - look at Thief: The Dark Project - an amazing game and for the first 6 months there was no editing tools but fans made demands like this and LG gave them it - DromED - a buggy thing with a bad looking but easy to learn interface, no refining it for public use but it still got  used to create missions for both thief games, some even better than the main game. Benny's Dead and The Inverted Manse are two good missions and there are large campaigns on the way with as much new stuff as can be done. Editing is a good way of keeping a community alive - when a company is dead how come it still has a fansite with over 5000 members? 2 things. Good Games and Interest in fans.

The second thing is what BIS need to look at now. We could do with some more tools. Maybe not a complete SDK but at least Objektiv model editor and a couple of other tools.

(Edited by ACT SMILEY at 5:24 pm on Nov. 10, 2001)

Rgr that, people will get bored of OFP sooner or later.. The only reason MS combat flight simulator is still going is because you can fly anything you want and make what ever scenery you want.. Even with all the new updates im sure many people will go to Ghost Recon and Allied Assault.. BIS needs to release the SDK to keep the community alive.. The SDK would give it a huge boost and would certainly mean that I would play OFP for the next few years rather than until I get a better game..

SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK SDK NOW DAME IT AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOWWWWWW AHHHHHH MY HEART ................................

Heres my thoughts.And I think somewhere in this forum someone has the same idea.I would have to say that there will not be any type of SDK.But there might be some very good tools for adding new models,terrain,animations,etc.Thats all you need.So stop the bulls**t for the SDK.I bet most of you would not know what to do with the SDK if you had it.And I read something about the OV team.They are in the same shoes as the the other modders at this time.So dont think they have a head start on this.

SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SPAM!SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK! SDK!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from ACT SMILEY on 6:22 pm on Nov. 10, 2001

Headbanger - the kind of thing meant by SDK isnt only better script access or whatever. The ability to add new vehicles, islands weapons etc. is whats meant here - just adding to the editing tools not customising things to give people multiplayer advantages. I doubt that their hacked M16s would work without giving an error in OFP multiplayer though.

For example - look at Thief: The Dark Project - an amazing game and for the first 6 months there was no editing tools but fans made demands like this and LG gave them it - DromED - a buggy thing with a bad looking but easy to learn interface, no refining it for public use but it still got  used to create missions for both thief games, some even better than the main game. Benny's Dead and The Inverted Manse are two good missions and there are large campaigns on the way with as much new stuff as can be done. Editing is a good way of keeping a community alive - when a company is dead how come it still has a fansite with over 5000 members? 2 things. Good Games and Interest in fans.

The second thing is what BIS need to look at now. We could do with some more tools. Maybe not a complete SDK but at least Objektiv model editor and a couple of other tools.

(Edited by ACT SMILEY at 5:24 pm on Nov. 10, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

well as long as they dont release tools for accessing the code too much then i'm happy tools for modeling and other things to add vehicles and such to the game is a good idea keeps the game from getting too old and too booring i understand your point of view as well but there is a small risk of Wankers getting their hands on things they shouldn't have and when that happens this game is down the toilett as well not fun to buy a game for over 400 bucks "Swedish crowns" and a couple of weeks later some lamer has made his first bot for the public or for his personal gains sad.gif i hope you see this from my point of view as well simply put i would want to experience a game without cheaters for a change SF and Infiltration are pretty messed up at the moment and CS probably everyone know how much cheating there is in that game in MP sucks if you ask me

starting to wonder where the world is heading no honor and friendly competion instead the motto seems to be do what ever it takes to get those kills and screw honor and skills

phew that was quite a bit i wrote there starting to get cramp in my fingers wink.gif

I have access to a few million models and can make each model in 8 seconds no prob on top of it i am a world-authority for weapons, i would like to be a hero in ramallah, please respect cuz i feel so small. Hoela (ache ata mastul tamvin, joter midaj samim!)

even max payne has already got mods on the way (soon to be available)

and that game is younger than ofp

So again BIS i and the rest of the players ask of you PLEASE GIVE IT TO US

just wonder, SDK mean

Self Destruct Kick?

Self detonator of the moderator Kick?

Self Dumbass Kindle....

Spamming Dumbass Kids

if only ppl looked at the permanent thread and stop complaining.

Look at Gimbal planes or the opFinternals map, they just do theese beautiful feature just by using tricks... SDK ll not better your map, just give u the opportunity to make trash that we will (the player) install and delete soon).

I only hope that mapper/addon community will at least have a standart.

Just not find me launching a MP in a map with a briefing written in old latin and where i finally find it's a coop/MP/CTF/DM/conquest where u must recover some pink flower around the whole island filled with empty vehicule at a framrate of 0.001fps smile.gif