Sign in to follow this  
Yairweinberg

Vehicles and tech questions

As a guy who is interested more in Military hardware, tech and vehicles than Infantry combat I have to ask

What should we expect to see?

Tanks - Are there only going to be 1 tank per side? (Merkava and the Russian one which I forgot the name of)

Are we going to see active counter AT missile systems? (Iron fist and Trophy)

I know on modern tanks there are systems which let you shoot down attack helicopters are they going to be implamented in the game?

Reactive armor... Are we getting it?

Aircrafts - Smartbombs/Laser guidance, How will it work if it will be implamented?

Out of sight engangments will be aviable?

Stealth aircraft will actually be stealthy? (If the player will have a radar)

Will G forces have real effect on your aircraft?

For now thats pretty much what I can think of and I dont expect answers just disscussion over the matter.

Also cruise missiles.... Just saying... Balistic ones too...

Most are unknown so far but I wouldn't get me expectations high, at least for the vanilla game.

I am hoping for targeting pods this time around at least, will be a big letdown if the aircraft of the future are less capable than the ones in service today.

Well, it's not 2142. It's only 22 years forward.

Russian tank is T-100, if you mean the one with the railgun I think.

The trophy was spotted on the Merkava in confirmed features thread, though it may be purely visual (I didn't noticed a major difference with the Abrams in Arma 2 between M1A1 and M1A2).

ACE simulated G-forces on anyone who "didn't have pilot training" (not a pilot unit) twisting around in a jet.

Other than that I don't have the slightest clue.

oddly tank-mounted railguns sounds more like 2142 than 2030 ... ( unless someone could come up with cold-fusion or Iron Man's Arc reactor )

Hard-kill, soft-kill countermeasures seems are confirmed

Guided tanks shells also could be a nice addition

But as someone has said before , the most of the vehicles is totally unknown ( Iranian jet for example )...so at least we need to wait for the beta .

I've just noticed 2 more things... What the hell are M5 Sandstorm MLRS and M4 Scorcher SPG aswell as Cheetah? Never heard of them... The Cheetah is obviously on a Namer APC and the M4 and M5 look like they are on the merkava chasis.. Are you making stuff up?

I've just noticed 2 more things... What the hell are M5 Sandstorm MLRS and M4 Scorcher SPG aswell as Cheetah? Never heard of them... The Cheetah is obviously on a Namer APC and the M4 and M5 look like they are on the merkava chasis.. Are you making stuff up?

The developers have taken some creative liberty this time around.

The Howitzer Merkava does exist in real life though.

The trophy was spotted on the Merkava in confirmed features thread, though it may be purely visual (I didn't noticed a major difference with the Abrams in Arma 2 between M1A1 and M1A2).

I'm reasonably certain that active countermeasures would be included, so it will probably work.

I hope that tanks and vehicles will have extended functionality, so that the Merkava will have an internal mortar, active countermeasures, some extra passenger seats on the back

Guided missiles and bombs will be available, they've been available on A2 so they should be in A3 as well.

The MLRS will probably have some kind of ballistic missiles, I doubt that there would be large ballistic missiles(nuclear, ICBM) or cruise missiles because this game simulates conventional land warfare and employing such weapons would be overkill in a single island.

In a battlefield whose magnitude is an island, strategic missiles and stealth tech wont be effective so I doubt that BIS would implement them, but modders might.