Are you following this thread?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are you following this thread?

• Yes
    • No

Just a neat idea I was thinking of: what if you could wear a plate carrier and rebreather ? just floating it out there

Well, you probably wouldn't need a lead belt... and in addition to the rebreather (which isn't nearly as slimline as the Arma 3 model shows) it's probably too cumbersome to move with both on, your best bet is probably to carry your body armor in a bag until you've made it out of the water.

I agree with Scarecrow. asoy999 your idea sounds like the insurgency/MSO equivalent of the MG/AT4/Sniperrifle solution some people consider "viable" or even "useful". There is also an easy saying everyone ever in a real-life combat scenario will tell you "light is good".

While your idea us humanly possible, no Soldiers anywere in the world would be able to work with that much equipment under combat or drill simulated conditions.

There is also an easy saying everyone ever in a real-life combat scenario will tell you "light is good".

Yeah, there's a reason Special Operations prefer small plate carriers over vests like the IOTV which cover your neck, shoulders and groin...

Hell, the ANA hit less IED's than coalition forces because their budget is so restrictive they just drive off the roads in open HMMWV's than on the roads in MRAPS...

Speed and surprise is advantageous, you're not speedy or stealthy in a 3m tall, 22 ton sardine can on the only road or coming out of the water with a 14kg rebreather, 3-4kg vest and all your other ammo and gear. :p

Especially when you could just drag a bag along with you and hide your dive gear near your entry/exit point...

Yeah, there's a reason Special Operations prefer small plate carriers over vests like the IOTV which cover your neck, shoulders and groin...

Hell, the ANA hit less IED's than coalition forces because their budget is so restrictive they just drive off the roads in open HMMWV's than on the roads in MRAPS...

Speed and surprise is advantageous, you're not speedy or stealthy in a 3m tall, 22 ton sardine can on the only road or coming out of the water with a 14kg rebreather, 3-4kg vest and all your other ammo and gear. :p

Especially when you could just drag a bag along with you and hide your dive gear near your entry/exit point...

SOF definitely uses MRAPs, they even threw a 5.56 version of the M132 the XM214 or something like that, on it. Speed and stealth is cool and all, but being able to take multiple IED blasts and an RPG or two is definitely a benefit. There is a reason there is a clear and precise difference between Greenside ops and Direct Action. They're two entirely different ideologies.

SOF definitely uses MRAPs, they even threw a 5.56 version of the M132 the XM214 or something like that, on it. Speed and stealth is cool and all, but being able to take multiple IED blasts and an RPG or two is definitely a benefit. There is a reason there is a clear and precise difference between Greenside ops and Direct Action. They're two entirely different ideologies.

You mean M134?

http://i.imgur.com/v1F6S3B.jpg

I didn't say they didn't use MRAP's (hell, SOCOM were the first to order RG-33's en mass), I'm saying a lot of the time, speed is advantageous and SOF/unconventional armies usually have the flexibility to attain said speed unlike conventional units.

You mean M134?

http://i.imgur.com/v1F6S3B.jpg

I didn't say they didn't use MRAP's (hell, SOCOM were the first to order RG-33's en mass), I'm saying a lot of the time, speed is advantageous and SOF/unconventional armies usually have the flexibility to attain said speed unlike conventional units.

I typo'd 2 for 4, big whoop, wanna fight about it?

Your not serious are you? I hope not, because I don't see any reason to escalate this any further. Anyways, your point is well taken. Thanks. :) (Momma always said you can say anything with a smile)

Your not serious are you? I hope not, because I don't see any reason to escalate this any further. Anyways, your point is well taken. Thanks. :) (Momma always said you can say anything with a smile)

It's a quote from a tv show.

Yes, because this is a M132 :D

m132flamethrower.jpg

Just trying to make sure I was thinking of the right weapon...

Yes, because this is a M132 :D

http://www.talkingproud.us/Military/Military/11thACR_files/m132flamethrower.jpg

Just trying to make sure I was thinking of the right weapon...

I mean... They should mount that on top of an MRAP. It would be super effective against grass type terrorists. I guess enough of driving this thread off track though. Looking forward to the mod gents.

This is an SPC

http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/13/87/79/34/img_9019.jpg

This is the new one from KDH that the Marine Corps just purchased:

http://kitup.military.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Short-Body-Armor-600x426.jpg

None of those look like SPCs, I am not sure what they are. A lot of the stuff they use is custom for them, like their woodland cryes. I don't know off the top of my head what they're rocking, the guy on the far left looks to be wearing a mar. ciras and I have no idea what the other two Marines are wearing. To be fair they really drastically differ in their kit, you'll see a couple of guys in a photo wearing one thing and then in the next photo some guy is rocking a multicam mayflower rig. They also have this custom batch of slick plate carriers you'll see from time to time (not the one in scarecrows picture).

On your photo you can see from the left: CIRAS, some low profile body armor, and 2x RBAV-SF.

MARSOC currently uses a range of plate carriers from "old" issued SFLCS MBAV, RBAV-SF, MarCIRAS, through recently issued LV-MBAV and LV-RBAV, to private/unit purchase Crye JPC, CPC and CAGE. Some other vests also have been seen.

I belive SOC Mod Team is working on MBAV, JPC and LV-MBAV for their MARSOC guys and probably more we haven't seen yet :)

;2633398']On your photo you can see from the left: CIRAS' date=' some low profile body armor, and 2x RBAV-SF.

MARSOC currently uses a range of plate carriers from "old" issued SFLCS MBAV, RBAV-SF, MarCIRAS, through recently issued LV-MBAV and LV-RBAV, to private/unit purchase Crye JPC, CPC and CAGE. Some other vests also have been seen.

I belive SOC Mod Team is working on MBAV, JPC and LV-MBAV for their MARSOC guys and probably more we haven't seen yet :)[/quote']

Good eye, I knew I recognized them ,but I Just couldn't put it together in my head... The moonshine I drank last night did not help me one bit. I think that low-pro armor carrier is something from TAG ,but once again, hungover brain don't quote me on that.

;2633398']On your photo you can see from the left: CIRAS' date=' some low profile body armor, and 2x RBAV-SF.

I belive SOC Mod Team is working on MBAV, JPC and LV-MBAV for their MARSOC guys and probably more we haven't seen yet :)[/quote']

Cheers, I'm not a gear person and it looked close enough to me to be a SPC :P

I don't envy you for having to make these vests fit. I've seen some of the really slim ones that only had fabric cummerbunds with stretch material to velcro under the back or front flap, really tight at the sides of the uniform, no bulk at all.

Even the less bulky default vests are rather bulky, and even they have clipping issues on some uniforms. Are you going to just model your vests so they fit perfectly on your uniforms and not take the defaults and other community uniforms into account, or are you working on making them fit somehow still? After looking at the pictures there I'm finding it difficult to imagine how some of those can be modelled without clipping issues :/

Or is there a way to make the vests find certain memory points on the uniforms and stretch? That was how I was imagining the system to be when BI announced the modular Uniform system back in 2011, but it doesn't look like that is the case at all, with so many default vests already having such problems (especially on the FIA guys with the leather smocks, for example.)

Thanks for your concern Insta.

The uniform models we are creating are to fit with the default player Model, therefor they are the same as the already present ingame uniforms generated by BI. Or rather the Volume is the same, so the Vests will fit the Default as well as our uniforms. The clipping mostly comes down to proper weighted models, and thanks to StalkerGBs amazing support in handeling this crucial step i am sure we can come up with a final product that will please the eye.

At the risk of copping all sorts of (justifiable) abuse.

Any news?

:)

You son of a bitch, how dare you? These modders work so hard in their free time, they don't get paid. They don't owe you anything and you barge in here, asking for status reports?

Just messing with you.

I'm with you pete10, however we do have to consider their hard work and effort, being unpaid for the work

Wow, almost a whole year of working on this Mod...I bet it will be amazing.