Sign in to follow this  
second_draw

Commonwealth games

Now the ceremony has been opened and all (and we know the winner of course), who will be second? england or canada? I say england cause of the home ground thing. To be quite honest, i feel guilty and embaressed cause of australia getting so many medals. biggrin.gif

btw: i was going to be quite nasty in the fact of having a poll of only england and canada for second place poll but that was a bit too nasty.

I wouldnt mind Australia winning so much if it wasnt for the fact that the media rants and raves all over the place everytime they win. First page news about a gold. And if they dont win, they come down hard.

'Rule Britanica'. I like Canadia(my pet name) pitty about the accents. I dont really care. I like both nations (except the Canucks accent and the bastard poms out there, not all british people, I am fond of many Brits, but there are certain figures througout history....)

Im lost confused.gif What are you talking about? is it some kind of sport or something?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like Canadia(my pet name) pitty about the accents<span id='postcolor'>

Crikey Mate! You've got a lot of room to talk about accents! biggrin.gif According to a poll a few years back, Canadians speak the most accent free english in the world wink.gif Unless they are from Newfoundland or Quebec wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im lost    What are you talking about? is it some kind of sport or something?<span id='postcolor'>

The Commonwealth Games are like the Olympics, but the participating countries are all part of the Commonwealth.  Mostly former colonies of England. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Commonwealth Games are like the Olympics, but the participating countries are all part of the Commonwealth. Mostly former colonies of England. <span id='postcolor'>

I prefered the old name; The British Empire Games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 27 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I prefered the old name; The British Empire Games.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but it's not an empire anymore, you imperialist wanker! biggrin.gif

*throws off the yoke of of his imperialistic masters, then offers to make a cup of tea and a choccie biccie*

Just because we're telling you to sod off, doesnt mean we hve to be impolite about it. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Warin Posted on July 26 2002,18:17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like Canadia(my pet name) pitty about the accents

Crikey Mate! You've got a lot of room to talk about accents! According to a poll a few years back, Canadians speak the most accent free english in the world Unless they are from Newfoundland or Quebec <span id='postcolor'>

Its true, thats why we find it so funny when people from other countries just can't pronounce some things no matter how hard they try. I know someone from netherlands that can't pronounce the "J" sound, it always comes out as a "Y". lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,00:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like Canadia(my pet name) pitty about the accents<span id='postcolor'>

Crikey Mate! You've got a lot of room to talk about accents! biggrin.gif  According to a poll a few years back, Canadians speak the most accent free english in the world wink.gif  Unless they are from Newfoundland or Quebec wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Are you sure about that? I know some few canadians and they have some of the strongest accents. If not, some sort of accent. I know i know all except one come from the quebec/newfoundland area.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ July 27 2002,00:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im lost  confused.gif  What are you talking about? is it some kind of sport or something?<span id='postcolor'>

The commonwealth game are second only to the olympics in size and stuff. Or basically it's the olympics for countries that were/are part of the british empire.... and there are many many countries like 63 or something like that.

It's to keep the americans out ,so we can't beat them. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ July 27 2002,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's to keep the americans out ,so we can't beat them. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

bah, we aussies can take you americans on anyday. Cricket, rugby, hoccey, afl, you name it we beat you biggrin.gif . If not i'm sure some african nation could easily help us out in our weak area (track 'n' field).

on that note, why don't they have cricket and rugby union in the commonwealth games??

Sevens is good enough! What the point of having Union? You all know that ABs gonna totally rape your arses! tounge.gif

Union games are too long and Tri Nations are on anyway! They're more important! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ July 27 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I prefered the old name; The British Empire Games.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but it's not an empire anymore, you imperialist wanker!  biggrin.gif

*throws off the yoke of of his imperialistic masters, then offers to make a cup of tea and a choccie biccie*<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! I'll take most insults as long as there is a cup of tea at the end of it! biggrin.gif

Come on Paratrooper! All together! God save the Queen! God Save the Queen! Lets go and snot some Zulaus old chap! Enslave the lower continents for the glory of Queen and country! Then home for tea and buns at Buckingham palace! Rule Britanica! wink.gif Well, Despite the fact Im a New Zealander, the British Isles are my motherland. But Im Scottish/Irish desent so its the kilt over the nice white pants. Luckily the Americans cant go anywhere near the Coomonwealth games, well actualy they are an ex-Brittish clolony, but they make sure they break all ties with the Rodina. Hehe, it could have been diffrent. During the war of independence, a British Sniper, a real good shot, got George Washington into his sights. He could have easily took him down. But he didnt. Washington had his back to the sniper. And a true gentleman never shoots a man in the back! I just wish the kiwis could win.....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Come on Paratrooper! All together! God save the Queen! God Save the Queen! Lets go and snot some Zulaus old chap! Enslave the lower continents for the glory of Queen and country! Then home for tea and buns at Buckingham palace! <span id='postcolor'> Why not? biggrin.gif

Is New Zealand still under Helen Clark? (elections) I suppose you wont have an army to join us with then! tounge.gif Never mind... She wont live forever...

Its a bit of a dilema, you see, either we go with Helen, or we get some Nazi in a suit(Richard Preble anyone?). I would rather have Helen Clark and her painting scams than Bill English. I am living in Australia at the moment, and I am SICK of the Liberal goverment headed by John Howard and the rest of his BrownShirts. And Paratrooper, look at the British Parliment! Maybe its time the Queen started taking chrageLOL! biggrin.gif What you need is for the Argentinians to invade the Falklands again(theres a book dealing with that called Falklands 2. good book). As the good old British Army go forth, the country will come together to wish them off. As long as Margeret Thatcher donst decide to come out of Parliment..... Her and Ronald Reagan deserve each other! And they both deserver to go to Political Hell! Right, Ill just be polishing my accent, shining my boots(my army boots are already shining but a bit of spit and polish never hurt). Chuck on my Beret, and its off to India old chap to bag some natives whato! And since were there, why not get us some tigers? What a smashing idea chum o! As for the NZ army *bows head in shame* *remembers the days when we had an airforce* In 13 now, but I have always though I might want to look at a career in the NZ army. At the worst, Ill run into the arms of Mother England. Since my grandparents were from Scotland on my mothers side, if I live in the UK for 3 years, I can get citizenship with a near 0 rate of turndown and paperwork as long as I dont annoy the bobbies. Anyway, I like the Lee Einfield SA-80 over the Styer, just got to hope the Magazine dosnt full out tounge.gif

Tally bally ho! I'm with you all the way!

As for being a NZ'der. Joining our forces is rather easy. We are crying out for pilots also. I met a ex NZ pilot the other day who's joined the RAF. Join us, and together we will sort those Argie ruffians out!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ July 27 2002,15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its a bit of a dilema, you see, either we go with Helen, or we get some Nazi in a suit(Richard Preble anyone?). I would rather have Helen Clark and her painting scams than Bill English. I am living in Australia at the moment, and I am SICK of the Liberal goverment headed by John Howard and the rest of his BrownShirts. And Paratrooper, look at the British Parliment! Maybe its time the Queen started taking chrageLOL! biggrin.gif What you need is for the Argentinians to invade the Falklands again(theres a book dealing with that called Falklands 2. good book). As the good old British Army go forth, the country will come together to wish them off. As long as Margeret Thatcher donst decide to come out of Parliment..... Her and Ronald Reagan deserve each other! And they both deserver to go to Political Hell! Right, Ill just be polishing my accent, shining my boots(my army boots are already shining but a bit of spit and polish never hurt). Chuck on my Beret, and its off to India old chap to bag some natives whato! And since were there, why not get us some tigers? What a smashing idea chum o! As for the NZ army *bows head in shame* *remembers the days when we had an airforce* In 13 now, but I have always though I might want to look at a career in the NZ army. At the worst, Ill run into the arms of Mother England. Since my grandparents were from Scotland on my mothers side, if I live in the UK for 3 years, I can get citizenship with a near 0 rate of turndown and paperwork as long as I dont annoy the bobbies. Anyway, I like the Lee Einfield SA-80 over the Styer, just got to hope the Magazine dosnt full out tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maggie was great! She knew how to start a war! and finnish one!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 27 2002,02:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im lost    What are you talking about? is it some kind of sport or something?<span id='postcolor'>

The Commonwealth Games are like the Olympics, but the participating countries are all part of the Commonwealth.  Mostly former colonies of England. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

First I thought you were talking about the wealthiest countries in the world (b'cus you 'ofcourse' knew who won), buuut how about an explanation to us who don't know what it is?