Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Download console for ofp:r

looks nice and VERY USEFULL during mission-making.

will tell you what i think when i've tried it (but i'm sure i'll be pleased) smile.gif

It doesn't Activate FADE? Well, i'll try it anyway

HUNGER! HUNGER! HUNGER! HUNGER!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KiCk@$$y @ July 26 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It doesn't Activate FADE? Well, i'll try it anyway<span id='postcolor'>

It's not an "patch" or something, it's just some scripts and a description.ext that you have to put in your mission folder.

It's useful for debugging your missions;

i.e. you have a Variable called "money", then you type into the console

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titleText[format["%1", money], "PLAIN DOWN"]<span id='postcolor'>

and it shows the content of your variable "money".

Or you've got a Trigger with condition "bad_boy_dead == true", then just type into the console "bad_boy_dead = true" and the trigger will be activated!

Or exchange your weapons with removeallweapons player, addWeapon "SomeWeapon" (actually that is cheating wink.gif )

Or if a tank is getting on your nerves and you've got no AT-Weapons: "tank setdammage 1"

You can do everything with it; and as soon as the nearestobject-command works again, this console is even more powerfull!

Excellent work indeed. This is a priceless tool and something that has been on many script writers wish list ever since OFP first came out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ July 26 2002,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Or if a tank is getting on your nerves and you've got no AT-Weapons: "tank setdammage 1"<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

Hi all,

Anyone aware of a way to retain player control whilst accessing dialogs?

Prospero

No, you cant. If you mean moveing the player around with the keys then no you cant, sorry. sad.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

To get back to topic:

Version 1.1 of the console now available!

New functionality "Show Variable": Shows content of a variable without typing yourself titleText[...

Grab it at my homepage:

Vektorboson's OFP Page

I love you.

Holy shit, I was wondering what dialogs were all about, but I was too busy creating this shitty interface to realize how powerful they are.

You have shown me the light (And, more importantly, the syntax)

Do you think, you can make a good product even better?

Yes! Here you are:

vektorboson's ofp page

Console Version now 1.12!

New features: Autocomplete of scripting commands and commands executed after pressing RETURN.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Sep. 02 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New features: commands executed after pressing RETURN.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Yah! wink.gif

You is wicked Poppa! wow.gif

tounge.gif PEACE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GAMEER_77 @ Sep. 02 2002,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Sep. 02 2002,16wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">New features: commands executed after pressing RETURN.<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif Yah!  wink.gif

You is wicked Poppa! wow.gif

tounge.gif PEACE<span id='postcolor'>

just for ya

I think this is only for de-bug and testing purposes. I suppose your talking about over the net, yes?

tounge.gif PEACE

There must be a way of doing it, cause Kegetys made a Spectator script that only activates for one person. Probably really simple, but i don't make MP missions...

tounge.gif PEACE