Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

steam has stopped beta being used

hi was using beta version of a3 today then went back in steam and ticked the non dev build and restarted my pc steam updated and after i went to use the devbuild and the option has gone from steam menu meaning i have 3 servers to chose from as most servers are running dev build any got this too, can some community members check their steam options for the devbuild and confirm that it has or has not for them cheers smoke

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Must be a problem on your end, most guys I have talked to said they can join any server.

it only happend after i restarted my pc steam updated as soon as desktop showed so maybe when you turn pc off and on again it will do the same to all of us http://i40.tinypic.com/15i3hj9.jpg (144 kB) if you look at the image the box has gone in steam.

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

I checked, and I had this issue too. I was able to fix it by opting out of the Steam beta

probably something wrong with the update to the beta client today

no steam updates today so another day of no devbuild on my steam properties what is going on with steam taking it away from being used, is it worth me uninstalling steam and re installing it.

daze there is no option to opt in or out of devbuild I am stuck with just the stable release.

no steam updates today so another day of no devbuild on my steam properties what is going on with steam taking it away from being used, is it worth me uninstalling steam and re installing it.

daze there is no option to opt in or out of devbuild I am stuck with just the stable release.

you have to opt out of the STEAM beta (the beta for the actual Steam program, not Arma 3). in the Steam menu, goto view, settings, and then you should see an option for "beta participation". regardless of what it says, press "change", make sure the "None - Opt out of all beta programs" option is chosen, and hit OK

daze take a look at the image link in my other post there is no option mate screenie says it all i am on steam libary right click properties no option ?

daze take a look at the image link in my other post there is no option mate screenie says it all i am on steam libary right click properties no option ?

uhg...

it's in the Settings for the STEAM PROGRAM, not your library. see on the upper left of the Steam window where it says "Steam View Friends Games Help"?

goto view, then settings, and then you should see an option for "beta participation". regardless of what it says, press "change", make sure the "None - Opt out of all beta programs" option is chosen, and hit OK

http://i.imgur.com/v0CeJ45.jpg

Smoke ... you sure you have enough space on the STEAM drive? I think the same thing happened to me once, when I didn't have enough space on the SSD

you have to opt out of the STEAM beta (the beta for the actual Steam program, not Arma 3). in the Steam menu, goto view, settings, and then you should see an option for "beta participation". regardless of what it says, press "change", make sure the "None - Opt out of all beta programs" option is chosen, and hit OK

Thank you daze23, this fixed my issue. I had the same problem as SmokeDog3PARA, but it is fixed now thanks to your instructions.