Sign in to follow this  
Faman

Can AWAR upgrade ARMA 2?

Maybe a new project for AWAR will be to bring new life to ARMA 2 itself with an Upgrade Mod or something that will make ARMA 2 better looking and more realistic.

I find the simulation part of ARMA 2 a bit too simple and the graphics look less then IF44, the simulation is better too.

You should experience IF44 with NVIDIA 3D Vision, it's so nice only watching.. I don't have that much with ARMA 2, as an example.

ArmA II does not need a life infusion..it's just IFL44 that's basically dead online.

Edited by Beagle

IFL44 is based on the ARMA II engine and has several useful improvements/enhancements over Arma II that would really add to Arma II if implemented ... I think that was the OP's point. Eg soldiers riding on tanks, ragdoll effects etc. The schtick that AWAR is "no longer updating the game", "devs have left", "funding has stopped" etc etc are mere statements and not relevant to a discussion of how a pool of already-existing technical enhancements could be integrated into the Arma II player experience.

The only "enhancement" of IFL44 over A2 is a buggy pseudo armour penatration that does not work as intended IFL has no ragdolls, even poorer A.I. a lot nonfuctional modules, no civies and riding on tanks is in vanilla A2 already... as seen in MP missions and the official harvest red campaign.

I don't agree with the poor AI. I find the AI more challenging than in vanilla A2.

The increased challenge of fighting the AI might be in part due to some changes compared to the regular game in other aspects rather than the AI per se. The different characteristics of weaponry for example go a long way to explain the different way firefights tend to go in IFL44. The near universal use of iron sights, the reduced rate of fire of bolt action rifles, the smaller range of SMG's and the much increased lethality of frag grenades would favour more prolonged engagements at range and more close in fighting in themselves.

Regards,

Sander

Yes of course, the AI is the same enginewise than A2, but i do enjoy the various "tweakings".

Dont make any conclusions and call it 'Poor AI' if you never try to make a test with Arma2.

OA has engine wise everything IF has ...

I wish OA had the IF armor damage/penetration modeling! It provides a whole new level of realism for armor battles, along with the hand-adjustable range sighting per ammo type.

Stug III range controls:

147b76253799469.jpg

you can DIY ...

FYI Dwarden in your logic, if i order a car for 8000 eur and pay for it, then after some time comes a box with thousands of components and a letter with words like this:

DIY

Sincerely .....

Is that ok ?

I mean who`s the developer ? The moders or you ?

About IF case, what are you afraid of ? Throwing wood under a feet of someone who can/have mood for making a better game than you ?

you probably missed the point ... he wishes for the PM ... and I told him he can make it himself ... all he needs is on his disposal

I think that question does not pass only for 12 and 13th post though...

FYI Dwarden in your logic, if i order a car for 8000 eur and pay for it, then after some time comes a box with thousands of components and a letter with words like this:

DIY

Sincerely .....

Is that ok ?

I mean who`s the developer ? The moders or you ?

About IF case, what are you afraid of ? Throwing wood under a feet of someone who can/have mood for making a better game than you ?

^ ^ I agree 100%. Well said. Dwarden, uhh........FPDR

Edited by OMAC

the thing is that you bought Chevy and in the box you got as bonus, there is Bugatti engine ... up to you what you do with ;) if you keep the car analogy

Yes, but most would have to attend a year of training at a Bugatti mechanic school to install the damn thing and get it to work! ;)

That's why it's sometimes better to have new, improved parts pre-installed at the Mnisek or Brno factory....

Edited by OMAC

the thing is that you bought Chevy and in the box you got as bonus, there is Bugatti engine ... up to you what you do with ;) if you keep the car analogy

Bugatti engine ? If you said some out-dated decade old Skoda 100 on steroids/shrooms/vodka and some indian/russian updgrades you would hit it.

Bugatti engine ? If you said some out-dated decade old Skoda 100 on steroids/shrooms/vodka and some indian/russian updgrades you would hit it.

check my tweet from 19th ;) then you get the point why Bugatti ;)

check my tweet from 19th ;) then you get the point why Bugatti ;)

Thats sensational, but what does it have together with this thread please ?

I don't know either!

As 3 separate installations I have:

Arma 2

Operation Arrowhead/BAF/PMC

Iron Front/Omaha Beach

The 3 games are all the same game engine with the same editor.

Iron Front brings 5 new maps and a whole lot of new weapons, vehicles and aircraft.

I have learnt with the older weapon systems, why they fought as they did at the time.

I think all 3 are terrific!

The only differences between the 3 games are the setting and the weapons.

I don't know either!

As 3 separate installations I have:

Arma 2

Operation Arrowhead/BAF/PMC

Iron Front/Omaha Beach

The 3 games are all the same game engine with the same editor.

Iron Front brings 5 new maps and a whole lot of new weapons, vehicles and aircraft.

I have learnt with the older weapon systems, why they fought as they did at the time.

I think all 3 are terrific!

The only differences between the 3 games are the setting and the weapons.

Yes, IF is a mod for A2 CO.