Sign in to follow this  
Asbest

Resistance crashing

It´s totally unplayable :-(

It crasches every time after Victor leaves the city and the cutscene should start... just crashes to desktop... and you have to play everything again, just to have it crach on the same spot again sad.gif

and the mission editor.. start it, choose an island and BOOM! there is your desktop again mad.gif

why? I have the lastest hardware, WinXP, 512 MB ddr Ram, P4 2,4 GHz, GeF 4 Ti 4600 etc etc. all latest drivers... a really high performance pc.. but still confused.gif

any tips/ideas ?  sad.gif

I basicaly have the same stuff as you. It's only crashed for me a few times. I just like to blame XP. smile.gif

WinXP works perfect for me in all other matters... Ofp have never done this to me before I installed resistance :-(

here is the crash dump... The crash happend when I choose to start the editor with everon...

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe

=====================================================================

Exe version: Wed Jun 26 12:11:02 2002

file:

world: eden

campaign:

battle:

mission:

=======================================================

Date: 07/22/02 Time: 05:19:14

-------------------------------------------------------

file:

world: eden

campaign:

battle:

mission:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION

Version 1.75

Fault address: 01591645 2B:0012EB1C ÃŽ'Å‘wÅ'Å‘w

Registers:

EAX:01591645 EBX:00000000

ECX:004010F0 EDX:003C090C

ESI:122718B8 EDI:103AC000

CS:EIP:001B:01591645

SS:ESP:0023:0012F460 EBP:0012FBA4

DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:0038 GS:0000

Flags:00010202

=======================================================

Hope someone can help

after reading the whole Flashpoint.rpt I have come to the sense that both problems I have has the same source... the Exception code and the Fault address has the exact same values...

nope, testing it right away!

thanx for the tip man

nope...

have tested it now...

no difference :-(

before installing resistance did you have version 1.46 installed?

I had the same problem although I have windows ME. All I did was uninstall then reinstall the game and it works fine now and I don't even have a computer as good as yours. Try doing that before you do anything else. I updated my drivers and everything but nothing worked except for reinstalling it.

thats not fair iu have renstalled thge game sevral times and it still wont work, whats ur specs?

I didn't even have to delete my saved games and profiles. I have...

AMD Athlon 1.1 GHZ

384 MB RAM

64 MB GeForce 2 Ultra

Windows ME

Ultra ATA 100 Controller

Make sure that you uninstall it first and close all open windows and just to be safe, disable your anti-virus. Maybe reinstalling it just worked for me though.

Why "Flashpoint Resistance" crash in editor ??

I have bought many games and never crash....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Medal of Honor Allied Assault have Safe mod <span id='postcolor'>

sad.gif

All rite guys, I'm telling you my experience.

I can't play the game resistance at all including the single missions. It's very frustrating as I don't have problem any with the old standalone version. I have exactly the same problem with Asbest's where the game would crash into Windows when the guys tried to leave the city.The problem has nothing to do with the OS cos it also occurs under Windows 98. I've tried everything, like reinstalling the game, formatting my HD particion and then reinstalling WIn98 again, reinstall the games several times etc. it still didn't work. I'm out of other options already.

You have plenty of Ram and you've increased your VM settings to min 750mb?

exact same trouble, crashes while exiting the city. I can play the single missions though(didint finish any of them yet so im not sure if they wont crash)

i have installed it at some of my friends computers with different configurations to see if the problem was with my settings but all crashed at the same point. Help me out please because im about to crack  mad.gif

System specs people, are we supposed to be psychic?

Swapfile settings? Any unofficial addons installed?

What you mean with Unofficial addon ?? (Like M109 ??)

What's the problem with unofficial addons ??

?ż?ż??żż

I've:

[ Hardware ]

- PIII 900Mhz

- 512 MB Ram

- C.Labs Anihilator 64 MB DDR

- SB Live x-gamer 5.1

- 40 GB HDD (3 GB free space)

- Microsoft Mouse

- Genius keyboard

- Asus Motherboard

- 21' ViewSonic

- SCSI CD Re-Writer Sony

[ Software ]

- Windows XP pro

- DX 8

- OFP Gold 1.46 + Resistance 1.75

[ Addons ]

- Jungle, Desert, Winter Islands

- Snow Vehicles + Storm

- Editor upgrate

- M109

- ITA F16

- Flags

- Official Upgrate Addons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what's a swapfile setting?<span id='postcolor'>

It refers to windows 'Virtual Memory'. which you can find in the 'System Properties' window under 'Performance'. If you have a spare 1Gig of Harddrive space set the Minimum and Maximum to 1024MB. setting the min & max to the same # prevents windows resizing the swapfile during gameplay. which can cause 'pauses'...

If you are using a no cd exe then i suggest you buy legitimate version, as cracked versions may be unstable.

Update DX to ver. 8.1 too. Could be your problem as Resistance requires 8.1.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigman1585 @ July 29 2002,15:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Update DX to ver. 8.1 too.  Could be your problem as Resistance requires 8.1.<span id='postcolor'>

Resistance has the same minimum system requiresments as the original OFP version. DirectX 8.1 is recommended purely because of the bug fixes that were made since DirectX 8.0.