Sign in to follow this  
Mparks238

Arma 3 MP, Is it Worth it?

Im about to get Arma 3.So i am wondering who already HAS bought it. Is Multiplayer Worth it?And ive Read some threads here and there.And noticed One person said most of them are Password protected? and mostly the rest is Wasteland.Im fine about Wasteland,i have watched videos and i said to myself, Is it all worth it? $32 for Alpha?And i looked at i believe it comes free with Beta and Full game? Anyway add me on Skype if you want to talk about Arma 3 and Give me some Pros + Cons. MasonParks228. Please help your fellow Soldier :yay:

You can definitely have fun in Multiplayer. And it's total nonsense that most servers are password protected. It's also definitely worth the price as it will probably get more expensive when the full content gets released. The only cons I can think of is lack of content/features, then of course you'll run into a bug or two along the way, but overall it's fantastic as me and my buddies always get a good blast. Also you might run into a script-kiddie along the way, who'll try to ruin your experience, but all it takes is to join a server with good admins or a server that has its own anti-script system. Plus don't miss on the perfect opportunity to contribute into ironing out things plus suggesting new features as you probably won't be getting another chance like this.

It´s totally worth it, in my opinion. But it´s wrong that most Server´s are password protected or only running Wasteland. You can have huge fun with the right People! ;-)

Find the right server and people and it's great :D

If you're in the UK or EU come join our server and you'll see for yourself :) IP & Port are in my sig below.

Just remember that the best is still to come and don't worry about the odd bug here and there.

At the moment multiplayer is about: very poor FPS (almost unplayable if you don't set your view distance to like 800 meters), and too many cheaters. You can have some fun for a week or so, but then you get really bored. Well, you can count the number of users online each day to figure it out, he first week we were like 10k, today we're around 1k (and it's friday). The lack of contents doesn't help as well.

Let's hope it will change when the game will be out later this year...

arma forum is a wrong place to ask if its worth it

(btw, yes, its worth it)

At the moment multiplayer is about: very poor FPS (almost unplayable if you don't set your view distance to like 800 meters), and too many cheaters. You can have some fun for a week or so, but then you get really bored. Well, you can count the number of users online each day to figure it out, he first week we were like 10k, today we're around 1k (and it's friday). The lack of contents doesn't help as well.

Let's hope it will change when the game will be out later this year...

I'd also not recommend ArmA3 at it's current stage just for playing MP for the same reasons, especially if one has a low to medium system. I get 50-70 fps in SP and like 20-30 in MP.

I'd also not recommend ArmA3 at it's current stage just for playing MP for the same reasons, especially if one has a low to medium system. I get 50-70 fps in SP and like 20-30 in MP.

Is that depending on the mission you're playing? I seem to have pretty stable FPS in multiplayer, sometimes higher because the AI processing seems to lag my client down when I play some missions locally. I tend to play on small servers though (<=10 players, <=100 AI).

Is that depending on the mission you're playing? I seem to have pretty stable FPS in multiplayer, sometimes higher because the AI processing seems to lag my client down when I play some missions locally. I tend to play on small servers though (<=10 players, <=100 AI).

Yes, it´s depending on the Mission... e.g AI count and difficulties!

If you're a big fan of the series already then yes, it's worth buying now early on just to be able to fool around in it and do some testing. But, if you are new to the series or not a fan yet and you expect to play this in a serious way and get the full experience with little issues, then NO...absolutely not...you would be back here complaining about a hundred different things and probably feeling let down.

You have to already know what to expect (lots of issues here and there with very little content thus far) and be beyond the games steep learning curve before you'll appreciate the alpha IMO. I certainly do not regret buying in early, but then again I have been playing this series for 12 years and it has become somewhat of a mini-hobby for me...so for me, early access has been like early xmas...even with the issues. I've enjoyed my time, but am nervuous whether it'll turn out right (for me) in the end.

Truthfully I think the fact alone, that you had to "ask" if it's worth it, probably means that for you it's not going to be worth it and you should likely wait until it's a finished product and then reconsider at that point.

Edited by BigShot

for multiplayer, i'd have to say no. i've spent as many hours changing server due to hackers as i have playing the game.

I will say, Just get it because its cheep now... If you wait, you will be paying full price.. Even if you cannot play MP .. at least you know you saved loot.. Just play ARMA 2..

do I hear doubt in your words?

what is your plan B? BF3 in multiplayer for 2 dollars less?

depending on what kind of level you want to achieve with arma 3 alpha, you have a lot of opportunities, the higher you aim, the fewer it gets.

P.S.:

you can an arma 3 alpha lite version for free and test everything in the editor.

Edited by kOepi

Arma 3 should have some CTI servers running for ppl, this wasteland is getting on my nerves...

I have no problems with MP, i play only the C&H/AAS maps at the moment.. i have 60+ FPS on Low/Mid settings (with outdated Hardware) .

a lot of Wasteland Servers have bad FPS but its a boring map so i dont care.

if i want to run over a empty map and search for weapons to kill other player.. i will play Half Life 1 :D

Regards