Sign in to follow this  
Smurf

Vehicle Handling

Now were talking.I had modded Silent Hunter 3 yrs back a good deal trying to get better on water look and feel.The engine allowed me to get very close with tons and tons of tweaks but it wasn't perfect as the engine just wasn't thorough enough in detail.Just looking at config for vehicles I see some interesting stuff that could be tried.

First off I just wanna say that A3 is a game and so do not try to match real world physics.If it was a highly detailed system than yes but since its not by a long way then don't.That said I would try 600hp and reduce the max speed to 80.What ruins the feel is how you can go flying down mountains at 120.And the damage needs to be way toned down.I would remove the tire damage completely from collisions as the physics of a broken tire is just so bad its immersion breaking.Give some armor and let the engines damaged as the reason to not slam into objects.So many tweaks can be done so good luck!!

Nice video, but the main difference is handling in aggresive maneuvers. Try some 180 handbrake turns.

Sadly anti-roll bars are not configurable per each axis. I can add suspension travel BUT it gets mismatched with wheels animation, so they sink into ground.

I have, the second video was processing. As for the suspension thingy, maybe just raising the vehicle height could do the trick?

Check this...

(probably not possible in RV4, but still)

Awesome video Blaf.As for A3 I am really enjoying the quadbikes physics.Does 60 on grass and about 80 on gravel.Slows down very slowly when you release the gas which allows for some control of speed with pretty good acceleration also.I steer with my rudder pedals which feels excellent.