Sign in to follow this  
DaRkL3AD3R

Confirmation on this flashlight 'feature'?

Weapon mounted flashlights are only visible to the player who possesses the flashlight. Is this the intended function or should the beam be visible to other players?

It seems really silly and it truly breaks the immersion to see someone walking around in the black of night with a flashlight corona at the barrel of their gun, but no light being emitted. Genuinely hope this isn't the way it's meant to be.

On the topic of flashlight, I think we need to considerably lower the distance and clarity of the light emitted by weapon mounted flashlights. The light a single infantrymen can provide with barrel mounted lights is almost better than the spotlights on a Hunter. That seems off to me...

Any comments/confirmation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think the spread of the light needs to be toned down.

I also would like to see other players lights. I hope it is only a bug

That's more due to the vehicle lights being oddly weak as of right now, especially the ones with fog lights.

is this an engine limitation or a bug? hopefully bis gets right on that with an answer.

is this an engine limitation or a bug? hopefully bis gets right on that with an answer.

This is what I'm after. I really want to know if they made it this way intentionally or if it's a bug. I know we could see other player's flashlights in Arma 2, unless something changed for the worse then it should do it in Arma 3 as well.

Also yes, EuroSlave I agree the spread needs to be toned down quite a bit. It's way too wide for a small flashlight.

Yeah that stuff will be tweaked I am sure.

My concern is the lack of visibility of other players flashlights even in the black of night. That's a real problem that needs to be fixed.

They have flashlights in A2:OA working properly for other players, so it's an assumed bug that also should be assumed to be fixed by release.

I'd put it down to a bug, since all clients sync with the use of IR lasers. And yes cars headlights are currently very underpowered.

This is what I'm after.

BIS are known for great community interaction but they seldomly participate in threads like this. Your best bet would be to search the issue tracker for a similar ticket and vote or start a new one if it doesn't yet exist. Whether or not an issue is 'known', it can't hurt to report it.

I work as an artist at a game company and I don't even know what issues the programmers 'know'. You will probably never know exactly what issues are known and what are not, or who knows and who doesn't.

BIS are known for great community interaction but they seldomly participate in threads like this. Your best bet would be to search the issue tracker for a similar ticket and vote or start a new one if it doesn't yet exist. Whether or not an issue is 'known', it can't hurt to report it.

I work as an artist at a game company and I don't even know what issues the programmers 'know'. You will probably never know exactly what issues are known and what are not, or who knows and who doesn't.

While I agree and understand where you're coming from, there are some BI developers floating around the forums who are kind enough to answer some of our questions and give us developer insight into known problems and workarounds etc. I believe what's being discussed in this thread is a pretty simple question that shouldn't require a whole lot of effort to answer.