majoris

China - PLA Infantry (Alpha)

1.2 should be out within a week.

Edited by majoris

I love that first screenshot... arma 3 ragdolls at its best. Looking really good, can't wait to start seeing missions using this addon.

After lots of extra work on a surprise for 1.2, I'm finally finished :)

Big thanks to the VME PLA mod for allowing me to convert their Arma2 Chinese language pack and weapon models.

China - PLA Infantry (v1.2)

Full size: Woodland Infantry - Full size: Marine Infantry

15ehi54.jpg

v6k75e.jpg

2hwctxi.jpg

Description:

- Retextured OPFOR models depicting futuristic Chinese PLA units (approximately 2035; Arma3 setting) and weapons; all units

and groups can be found under the "Red" faction. Ammo boxes with weapons can be found under "Empty" and then "Ammo".

Storyline

- After nearly 40 years of unprecedented economic growth and technological advancements, China has deployed expeditionary

forces throughout the Mediterranean in support of allied Iran's military campaigns.

Features:

- Infantry squads:

- Arid

- Marine

- Universal

- Woodland

- Chinese weapons:

- QBZ95 Rifle

- QBZ95B Carbine

- QBB95 LSW

- QJY88 GPMG

- QBU88 DMR

- Chinese language replacement (radio/voices)

- Asian face replacement

Download:

- Link (Version 1.2) - Armaholic

Changelog:

- Added weapons: QBZ95, QBZ95 GL, QBZ95B, QBB95, QJY88, QBU88

- Added Mandarin language replacement

- Minor texture improvements

Classnames:

Arid pattern:

PLA_Soldier_A_SquadLeader

PLA_Soldier_A_Rifleman

PLA_Soldier_A_NVRifleman

PLA_Soldier_A_MG

PLA_Soldier_A_HMG

PLA_Soldier_A_DMR

PLA_Soldier_A_Medic

PLA_Soldier_A_Grenadier

Woodland pattern:

PLA_Soldier_W_SquadLeader

PLA_Soldier_W_Rifleman

PLA_Soldier_W_NVRifleman

PLA_Soldier_W_MG

PLA_Soldier_W_HMG

PLA_Soldier_W_DMR

PLA_Soldier_W_Medic

PLA_Soldier_W_Grenadier

Universal pattern:

PLA_Soldier_U_SquadLeader

PLA_Soldier_U_Rifleman

PLA_Soldier_U_NVRifleman

PLA_Soldier_U_MG

PLA_Soldier_U_HMG

PLA_Soldier_U_DMR

PLA_Soldier_U_Medic

PLA_Soldier_U_Grenadier

Marine pattern:

PLA_Soldier_M_SquadLeader

PLA_Soldier_M_Rifleman

PLA_Soldier_M_NVRifleman

PLA_Soldier_M_MG

PLA_Soldier_M_HMG

PLA_Soldier_M_DMR

PLA_Soldier_M_Medic

PLA_Soldier_M_Grenadier

Weapons:

PLA_QBZ95

PLA_QBZ95_GL

PLA_QBZ95B

PLA_QJY88

PLA_KBU88

PLA_QBB95

Ammo:

1Rnd_HE_GL1

30Rnd_58x42_QBZ

10Rnd_58x42_KBU

75Rnd_58x42_QBB

100Rnd_58x42_QJY

Known Issues

- "Bearing" directional sounds are missing

- Some Mandarin words may be wrong (sorry, native speakers!)

- QJY88 ammo belt isn't animated yet

- Iron sight alignment on the QBU88

Credits:

- VME PLA Mod for their sounds, weapon models, config help, and support!

- ShOcKeRoS for his North Korean units and config help

- Saul for his amazing PSD templates; you're a lifesaver!

Edited by majoris

It's otherwise a very cool and solid addon you've got here thanks to the efforts of yourself and your partners such as VME, but I have two nitpicks:

#1: Hand positioning on the QBZ 95B looks dangerOUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS

#2: The QBZ 95B inventory picture looks out of place, in strong contrast to the regular QBZ 95 picture which looks like it's an official dev-made weapon picture; the regular QBZ 95 picture is that well done, the QBZ 95B not so much.

Excellent job. I'm loving this mod. Just one question. Is their anyway to have the player speak in Chinese when giving orders?

Excellent job. I'm loving this mod. Just one question. Is their anyway to have the player speak in Chinese when giving orders?

Yeap! You just have to modify your player profile and select "Mandarin" as the voice type, although it should be automatic (only grid numbers & bearing sounds are missing)

#1: Hand positioning on the QBZ 95B looks dangerOUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSS

Unfortunately, nothing I can do here until I create new hand animations. The QBZ95B is tiny, none of the stock Arma3 weapons have a similar construction.

Edited by majoris

finishing up the helicopters - universal pattern (matches the infantry uniform colors) and black.

nxmip1.jpg

Hey, is there any way to have the Chinese language not replace the English language? Because, while I speak English, I hear my English-speaking AI units speaking Mandarin.

Hey, is there any way to have the Chinese language not replace the English language? Because, while I speak English, I hear my English-speaking AI units speaking Mandarin.

Well, the purpose of the language pack is for Chinese troops to speak their native tongue ;) Although if you'd like the option to have them speak English exclusively, I'll come up with a way for it to be configured in the next patch.

I'm on a 2 week business trip so the next patch may be delayed a bit.

Predator: I'll upload server keys and sigs once I'm back. :)

Well, as I said in the PM I sent you, I think it has something to do with the association with the Head_Asian identity. Maybe. I will see if I can figure it out.

I'm having some compatibility issues since the new patch came out (weapon sounds missing for some reason? I think the paths were changed), working on a fix currently.

I'm having some compatibility issues since the new patch came out (weapon sounds missing for some reason? I think the paths were changed), working on a fix currently.

thx for the great mod :)) and for being active on your project :))

Not too bad for an Alpha release, but except for the weapon pack, the others don't look like a true PLA unit. It'd be better to wait for the release of VME PLA troop pack which is on the way to come a bit more time later.

Edited by Fkymplbo

This addon is explicitly meant to be "PLA 2035", holding the units to 'real-world authenticity' is misaimed.

yeah I'm also getting the no weapon sound bug. it only seems to be on the QBZ weapons, the Belt fed machine gun worked fine.

Something to do with sound file types changing in an update I think, the Russian addon's AK's have the same issue.

Nvm, someone already said this exact thing lmfao

Big fan of this mod, I love the look and feel the the uniforms, they make it truly feel a bit futuristic, but I feel I'm limited with them. One big issue is there are no matching Backpacks. (Sorry, I'm OCD! :P) And I would like to throw in a few request's:

1. Backpacks skinned with the same camo as the BDU's and Plate Carriers.

2. Maybe some Balaclava variant-ed helmet's, I'm not sure why, but I feel it adds a bit more of a "Futuristic" look, and many of my friends would love to see this. If you are unable to create the models, I'm sure someone (On here) would be happy to offer their masked helmet's for you to skin over.

Again, beautiful mod, would love to see some matching backpacks though. Keep up the good work!

:yay:

Is this getting an update to fix the sound? I really like the units and guns, but no sound is a real killer :\

Any chance of an update to make this work with the beta? I've been slaving over a Daiyuo Island mission with PLA forces (I LOVE this mod, btw), but the Beta comes along and now I can't even launch it due to issues with config.bin, most of which seem to have something to do with "fireanim" (I'm assuming firing animation?). Would LOVE to not have to turn all of the opFor into Iranians! LOL.

Hi all,

When I try to run a test mission via the editor while using this mod I get the following error:

no entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons/PLA_Platecarrier_Universal.disposableWeapon'.

I've re-downloaded it twice from the two links at the Armaholic site. I am running ARMA 3 Beta 0.70.106872.

I hadn't noticed any dependencies for this mod... Any suggestions?

Thanks for the great work,

RogerWilcolv

The mod hasn't been updated yet to work with the Beta. BI changed some of the class names so almost all of the infantry mods/skins have to be updated to reflect that. I hope this one gets done soon as I'd hate to populate my new Pacific island map with Iranians! LOL